Phoenix Travel Answers

change location
vtveen's Profile Photo

Gas station nearby Sky Harbor International Airport

by vtveen Online Now May 6, 2008 at 1:01 AM

I have to return my rental car at the Rental Car Center of the airport (located at 1805 E. Sky Harbor Circle South) and need to fill the tank before I return it to avoid a huge gas bill.

Is there a gas station close to the Rental Car Center.(I'm with Hertz) ??

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: Gas station nearby Sky Harbor International Airport

by bocmaxima Online Now May 6, 2008 at 7:37 AM

The closest, I think, is at I-17 and 7th Street (an Exxon, I think), which is just west of the rental car center. There's also a Circle K with gas on 16th Street at Jefferson. It really depends on the direction you're coming from.
    In my experience though, the tank doesn't have to be overflowing to not get charged. I've gotten 60 miles out of it before without it going off of "F" and never turn it in with less than 20 miles on the full tank. Just something to consider.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • PR-7's Profile Photo

Two URLs to know about

by PR-7 Online Now May 6, 2008 at 8:30 AM

www.GasPriceWatch.com
    www.GasPriceBuddy.com

They will allow you to search within a map area (like around an airport) for the best gasoline price. They will also let you know what hours the stations are open and whether they take credit cards.

I can't recall the station at which I filled up, when I rented a car from Sky Harbor four years ago, but these URLs found one within a mile or so of the aiport with prices significantly lower than average.

Be sure to get a receipt -- if the rental company claims the tank wasn't filled, you'll have proof you got gas just minutes before returning it.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines