Phoenix Travel Answers

change location
jannaf's Profile Photo

Restaurant near the Botanical Garden?

by jannaf Online Now May 5, 2007 at 1:58 AM

Forgive me if I'm mis-posting (perhaps this should go to a Scottsdale forum?) -

I'll be in Phoenix (primarily Scottsdale area) May 14-17 on business and am hoping to use public transit and hotel shuttles if possible to cut costs and lessen the ol' carbon footprint. Am hoping to go to the Botanical Garden one evening by shuttle and take the bus back (McDowell route?).

Two questions:
1) Anyone know how late the McDowell line runs? I'd thought from looking quickly at the bus website that they ran until 9, but someone posted on VT that they may only run until 7 in the suburbs. Not sure which category this would be in...Anybody know off-hand? If not, I'll make sure I find out before getting stranded.
2) Any recommendations for a low/moderate, fairly casual restaurant I could catch to the north or within 1-2 miles east on McDowell?

Thanks!
Julie

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • hoboworld's Profile Photo

Re: Restaurant near the Botanical Garden?

by hoboworld Online Now Apr 24, 2008 at 2:18 AM

I Live in the area along McDowell Road. I don't use the bus, but I drive on McDowell often and very often see bus running along McDowell until about 11 o'clock at night. As a place to eat, there is JB,S general restaurant at the intersection of McDowell Road and Scottsdale Road on the northwest corner, there is the king's table, Chinese buffay, across the street on the Southwest corner opened to 9:30 p.m., there is also a Denny's restaurant opened all night at the southeast corner of 76th St and Mcdowell road. There is also a average priced motel on the South side of McDowell Road at 71st St.. I do not recall the name of the hotel. I do not know of any restaurants South, West, North, from the botanical gardens going at least 4 miles. Everything is in East or North/South along Scottsdale Road. If you want better directions call me. My name is Art. My phone number is 480-946-2400. If you miss me, I am a real estate estate appraiser and you'll be calling my business

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines