Philippines Travel Answers

change location

Diving and budget

by C4L311 Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Ill be going to Southeast Asia for approximately a year. I plan on spending most of my time in SEA in The Philippines diving. I was wondering where the best diving is. Also curious of average prices, how much do most places charge for 2 tank boat dives, how much are decent live aboards. Im thinking of getting my DM there as well so any recommendations on good dive outfits to train with would be great too.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Diving and budget

by davidjo Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I think that many places charge around 3000 pesos for 2 dives. There are many live aboards going out to Tubbataha from Puerto Princesa, Palawan and they generally go for around 5 days , the season lasting from late March to early July and the cheapest around1200. Tubbataha was put forward as one of the new 7 natural wonders. Coron, north of Palawan is famous for wrecks, some of them in shallow water. Other popular places are Apo and Puerto Galera. I can recommend a dive course by Paulo at the link below.
    http://www.moanahotelpalawan.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • planxty's Profile Photo

by planxty Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Unfortunately, I didn't get to dive when I was there last year but I spoke to a number of people who do dive and live there and, as David says, Apo Island is very highly spoken of. It is a protected marine reserve and apparently the diving is stunning. You don't need a liveaboard for it, it is easily accessible from Negros.

Hope this assists,

fergy.

• marlo.flores's Profile Photo

by marlo.flores Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 1:28 AM

The best dive sites here in the Philippines is located in Puerto Galera. It's near in Manila and the beach are good also.

Other diving sites you can choose is located in Batangas, Palawan, and Ilocos.

1 member found this helpful

• danyelspips's Profile Photo

by danyelspips Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Diving in Boracay Philippines

Open Water /certification- Php 21,000.00

Fun Dive-Php 1,600.00

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines