Philippines Travel Answers

change location

Manila Airport Hotels

by mt_khyber Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel by the airport/in vicinity? Not looking for cheapest place, but something comfortable with a little charm would be great. Though I assume you can't be too choosey with the airport hotels:)

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Re: Manila Airport Hotels

by Borisborough Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM

We stayed in the Malate Pensionne - a Php150 fifteen minute taxi ride from the airport. Ask for a room away from the renovations - our double room was Php 980.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • stamporama's Profile Photo

Re: Manila Airport Hotels

by stamporama Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM

There are two: the Manila Airport Hotel, which is near Terminal 1 and the other is the Marriott (newer but more expensive) that's near Terminal 3. See links below.

http://manila-airporthotel.com/
    marriott.com/hotels/travel/m...

• gdilieto's Profile Photo

by gdilieto Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 1:04 AM

If you don't mind the ~20-minute taxi drive, Traders Hotel is a safe landing and you can also enjoy sunset on the bay.

Safe traveling.
    Giuseppe

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 4:24 AM

I have stayed at Manila airport hotel and that is ok without being anything special.
    Rooms are ok and it's right across the road from the airport.

Be careful that even short disances can take forever in Manila during rush hour.
    have stayed a few times at Pesione Malate myself and even if it's just 6 kilometers from the airport i have once spend 1 hour and 45 minutes in a taxi from Malate to the airport.

• Re: Manila Airport Hotels

by mt_khyber Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Thanks for all the recs. What time is rush hour in the morning? I have a flight in the morning which is probably going to require me to be at the airport around 9am. I guess I should expect the worst:)

• stamporama's Profile Photo

by stamporama Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 6:47 PM

That really depends on where you finally choose to stay and at which terminal your flight will depart from. If you'll stay at another part of the city then your hotel's concierge can best advise you as to when would be the latest time to head to the airport by cab. Rush hour in the city starts to peak at about 7 AM.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Philippines Travel Answer Locations