Philippines Travel Answers

change location
Kyle-Taiwan's Profile Photo

Vehicle renting in Palawan?

by Kyle-Taiwan Online Now Jan 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM

We are there again for about 11 days and want to go further. we were thinking El Nido, if not we want to explore the more unknown areas south.

I am experienced driving 4x4, but i realize i might not be able to rent a car without a driver. So i am wondering where and roughly how much a car+ driver was to rent for multiple day excursions with no destination set in place.

Basically we want to see a spot, go there. stop here. lets sleep at that flat area kind of thing. good ol fashion North American style road trip but here and short with a hired driver (or if you know self rent trucks/jeeps, even better!)

We have rented motorcycles (the "best" one couldnt go up steep hills, so we waled it a lot) and have been around PP up to the caves and everywhere in between. so we are looking to go directly north or south almost as soon as we land.

And just as a double check, ATM and credit cards are all still OK in the main city correct? Can we expect cash convenience anywhere else in Palawan?

Thanks for anyones thoughts/experience :)

Kyle

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Vehicle renting in Palawan?

by mindanaon Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM

hi kyle -for el nido ,van would be best as some roads may not be so good ,if you contact https://www.facebook.com/latiara.tours latiaratours@yahoo.com ,they can arrange for you , re atms -best to get in pp ,bring some cash as back up .

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Philippines Travel Answer Locations