Philippines Travel Answers

change location
chrissy10's Profile Photo

Itinerary for 18 Days

by chrissy10 Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Hello, I'm going to the Philippines for 18 days and there is so much to do and see! Could any of you offer up any suggestions or modifications to mine? I don't know if I have enough time to do as follow:

I arrive early morning around 4:30am and would like to keep traveling to furthest point and work my way around.
North first? or South first? Most/Best internal flights back to Manila at end?
Luzon Interests:
Vigan, Banatue, Bataad, Bontoc, Sagada, Tuguegaro-Chico River?,Baguio, Mt Pulog coast to Baler, or Pinatubo?

I want to do some trekking, hiking up mountains (any suggestions) and maybe some rafting down Chico river?

Then head down past Manila,
Volcanoes, Tagatay, Taal more hiking, on the way to Mindoro,Batangas- snorkeling... I would like to do more hiking in Mindoro, any suggestions here, plan to cross to Puerto Galera, Should I go to Mindoro? Then I'll need to get to Boracay/Palawan??

Then down to Palawan, El Nido. Should I bother with Boracay? Cebu? Bohol?
Is this too much?
Any help with transportation and hiking is much appreciated! Anyone who has done similar in 18 days, please help, thanks everyone ;-)

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Itinerary for 18 Days

by davidjo Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 8:42 AM

OK Chrissy, i have lived here for 20 years and know most of the places you want to go, so here is my idea.
    Day 1, get long distance bus to Vigan, great place
    Day 2 see the sights inc museums
    Day 3 go 2 hrs south to Tagudin junction where shuttle vans will take you to Cervantes, picturesque drive to the up the mountain, stay at Villa Maria
    day 4 early morning jeepney to Bontoc, get off at Sagada junction and wait for jeepney to Sagada, pleny time to look round
    day 5 jeepney to Bontoc then bus to Banaue stay at Peoples Lodge and spend 2 nights there, visit Bang-Aan or perhaps Batad.
    day 7 bus to Solano, bus to Cabanatuan then another bus to Baler, it will take all day. 2 days in Baler, don't forget to eat at Bay's Inn
    day 9 bus to Manila and another to Tagaytay
    day 10 visit Taal volcano then head to Batangas at lunchtime , boat to Puerto Galera, enjoy beach
    day 11 trek to see the Manyan people.
    Day 12-17 fly to Palawan enjoy your choice of el Nido, Port Barton .

You are really trying to do too much so i have omitted Baguio, i lived there in 81-82 and now there are traffic jams and pollution , you will have more fun in Sagada and Banaue. Taguegarao i have never been to. Baler you could easily spend several days ,lots of hiking areas. I also lived in Banaue and Puerto Galera for a year each before living in Palawan for the last 18 years so please look at my travel pages for ideas. Boracay i would give a miss , although it is beautiful you may want to avoid the hundreds of tourists.
    Palawan , North Luzon and Baler would be the best places and i suggest that the plan i have given you may need cutting down. Message me to get more suggestions. You may even want to miss out Puerto Galera to make room for more time in Palawan and N Luzon.
    Airlines have many promos that change every few days. www.cebupacific.com www.airphilexpress.com and www.flyzest.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gabesz's Profile Photo

by gabesz Online Now Jan 24, 2013 at 6:20 PM

In all honesty you are looking to do too much in too short of a time. The first thing you must keep in mind is jet lag the first few days. That will slow you down a bit. I would suggest that you try to see 3-4 places plus Manila. One or two of the places you should see is some islands with the spectacular beaches other then El Nido. Though El Nido is a good choice there are many more places to see as well. And yes you should bother with Borocay. It is consistently rated as one of the best beaches in the world. You are close enough to it not to miss it.

• Rastarigo's Profile Photo

by Rastarigo Online Now Jan 25, 2013 at 12:16 AM

2 votes for Boracay. I’ve been to all topnotch beaches in Thailand and still Boracay wins my heart.
    How I wish you included Bohol. The sights and activities are diverse, all in one island.

• chrissy10's Profile Photo

by chrissy10 Online Now Jan 25, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Thanks for the info from you all and taking the time. I live in Asia so jet lag is not an issue. I'll probably go to Borocay as yes, everyone says the same and it's a must see beach. I'll also take your advice and see about Bohol, perhaps I can get some flights which will save me time, of course :-) Any tips on Bohol? Thanks so much... C

• LiezlM's Profile Photo

by LiezlM Online Now Jan 27, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Hi chrissy, when are u planning to travel? Me and a guy from Denmark will travel bulacan-palawan-bohol-cebu. 5 days and 4 nights in palawan and will spend 3 days and 2 nights in bohol and 1 night in cebu. I am currently listing the things i want to see in those places. I will show u mine when i finish it. But Bohol is a must seen place as well. you can enjoy the diving in panglao beach, see falls, I want to see the hinagdanan cave, dine and cruise in loboc and ride the habal habal... I don't have enough time to see cebu but since the plane will land in cebu so i will spend a day in crown regency to experience the sky diving etc...

I've been to SAGADA bontoc (since they are near to each other) and Pinatubo (around north part of the Philippines)We spend like 3 nights in SAGADA and yet it is not enough for us. I am inlove with the place. I want to visit it again. It is a remarkable, amazing, lovely you can all say the nice words in Sagada,. so spending only 2 nights and 3 days i guess it won't be enough. There are lot of places to see here . So choose the best and enjoy not travel them all in once.
    For pinatubo trip, reserve a one day trip for that as in whole day early in the morning til eveing. I am from tarlac so i know it so well. ( few kilometers away from capas where the pinatubo trekking starts).

• chrissy10's Profile Photo

by chrissy10 Online Now Jan 27, 2013 at 5:24 AM

Cool, thanks, I'm flying out tonight and think I'm gonna head South and do the best I can then fly North,I'm a wanderer and will let things work themselves out ;-) I'm gonna try to catch some flights here and there and hopefully that will help me a bit... I live in Asia so I can go back, there is a lot and not sure about the buses and jeepneys being unreliable. We'll see!

Thanks for the extra tips, I appreciate it.

• Rastarigo's Profile Photo

by Rastarigo Online Now Jan 27, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Happy wandering!!!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Philippines Travel Answer Locations