Philadelphia Travel Answers

change location

information

by melanyfp Online Now Aug 30, 2010 at 5:40 AM

If I take a train from Metro Park in Iselin, N.J. to the 30th Street Station,in Philadelphia, can I get a subway to So. Broad Street? I need the closest location to Pine St and 15 th.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: information

by timessquare Online Now Aug 30, 2010 at 6:04 AM

Amtrak is the only train that goes direct from Metropark to Philadelphia.

If you take NJ Transit train, you'd need to get off in Trenton and get on SEPTA.

www.septa.org is the subway, bus, and rail for Philadelphia

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • PR-7's Profile Photo

From 30th Street Station to 15th and Pine

by PR-7 Online Now Aug 30, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Check out these URL's:

www.septa.org/maps/system/index.html
    www.septa.org/maps/transit/mfl.html

and this PDF:

www.septa.org/maps/region/pdf/ccp.pdf

There are two ways to get from the 30th Street Amtrak Terminal to your final destination. One is free but requires more walking -- you'll have to decide for yourself which is better.

According to
    www.septa.org/fares/ticket/index.html
    "An Amtrak ticket is accepted as a fare on Regional Rail trains between 30th Street Station and Market East Station."
    Thus, you can ride for free from 30th and Market to Filbert and 16th (see the PDF). From there, 15th and Pine is about six blocks away.

Or you can ride the subway. Bizarrely, you have to exit the Amtrak Terminal to get to the subway, but just ask directions and follow the signs.

After buying two subway tokens for3.10 (cash ONLY) at a vending machine, get on the Blue Line heading east towards Frankford. Transfer at the 15th Street Station to the Broadway Line (aka "Orange Line"), and head south towards Pattison. Again, just follow the signs or ask directions -- and note that you do NOT exit the subway between the Blue Line and the Orange Line. Once on the Orange Line heading south, get off at the Lombard-South Street Station (it's SLIGHTLY closer to Pine Street).

Although the subway stations, as well as the area near Pine and 15th, often have some weird people roaming around them, they are pretty much safe at all hours, if you exercise normal big city caution. Definitely less nerve-wracking than driving around Philly expressways.

• PhillyBorn&Bread's Profile Photo

Re: information

by PhillyBorn&Bread Online Now Sep 16, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Take the Amtrak in to philly. get the one that will stop at "Suburban Station" ( 15th and JFK Blvd. or will connect to it thru 30th st station. Come outside Suburban station and walk south on 15th street six blocks to Pine st. Or you can come outside the 30th street staion and catch the 9 bus which will take you to 15th and Chestnut. Get off and walk south 4 blocks to Pine. I will assume that when you asked about the "subway" to south Broad st you meant to get you to Pine st? No need to even mess with the Broad street subway. You would only be going two stops and the second stop is one block past where you are going. Not worth it. Check SEPTA's web site Septa.com for route schedules. There are LOADS of buses to take you where you want to go. have fun. Welcome to Philly. ( See my homepage for cheesesteak info.)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines