Phan Thiet Travel Answers

change location

Mui Ne with 7 month old baby

by ttttefania Online Now Dec 17, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Hello!
I am travelling with my husband and 7-month old baby to Mui Ne in January. I have to say that I am a little bit worried about infections, hygiene and other things regarding my baby.
Can anyone recommend a good place to stay? Our budget is40-50 for the accomodation. We want A/C and a CLEAN place.
Can I find baby food and diapers easily?
Please if you have any other recommendations I would love to hear them!
Thank you!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • SfumatoPants's Profile Photo

Re: Mui Ne with 7 month old baby

by SfumatoPants Online Now Dec 17, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Can't comment on your price range but I have stayed at the Sea Star Resort before. I would not be overly concerned with health issues. Common sense on your part should keep you safe. I have never had any health problems as a result of bad hygiene in Vietnam, or south east Asia in General (unlike most tourist destinations in the Americas and India).

I would say that you need to bring with you all of the baby supplies required. I'm sure you can find the local equivalents in Phan Thiet, but they may not be to your standard.

My best suggestion to you is to not go to Mui Ne but go to Phu Quok (it's the place where expats from SEA gather at Christmas/New Year with their families). I don't know what time of year you are planning to go, but the ocean is stormy around the new year at Mui Ne, with strong winds blowing dust that irritates the throat and eyes. Phu Quok is the only beach destination in Vietnam worth anything, in my opinion.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Durfun's Profile Photo

by Durfun Online Now Dec 17, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Hi, That is a very healthy & respectable budget for Mui Ne.

There are many mini-markets around to cater for your baby's needs. Don't worry.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

by Gili_S Online Now Dec 17, 2010 at 1:20 PM

I think most of the hotels in Phan Thiet and the resorts hotels are good quality for the price. A/C will be in most of them. Regarding supply, there is big supermarket in Phan Thiet that has almost everything as in western standards and I'm sure you can find most of what you need there. I'm not sure of its name, but you can see photo on my Phan Thiet Shopping tip.

• GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Dec 17, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Your homepage does not state where you are from, so here are some thoughts, based on our experience (we had both of our daughters in the tropical areas when they were in the 6 - 9 month range.

Take precautions in protecting your baby from the tropical sun. Even indirect sunlight can burn, and the young skin may react badly to sunblock. Long sleeves tops and legs on teh bottoms (protect the feet too) and a hat to protect the head.

We learned that that taking rehydration salts was important. The sanittary conditions were not up to par with what we were used to at home, any try as we might, my youngest daughter tried to check everything out with her tongue at that age. Something did not agree with her and she had rather viscious diarreha. Lots of diapers and barrier creams were required too.

• jessejay09's Profile Photo

by jessejay09 Online Now Dec 28, 2010 at 4:13 AM

Me (Australian) & my Wife (Vietnamese) have Travelled to Siagon & Mui Ne on many occasions with our children. 1st with our daughter (approx 7 months when travelled)& of late with our son (approx 6 months when travelled), Last time being March/April 2010. Both being born in Australia it has been after their 6 month vaccination. I always like to get away from the family so always spend a week @ Mui Ne, we always stay at the hotel owned by Sihn Cafe sorry cannot remember the name. But a week with 2 rooms (we take a couple of the family)cost's about300.00 AUS. My wife never has problems buying nappies, wipes & formular from the local shops, but you will not get the same brands as home. We find the childern get sick when they return home, but it is never anything serious.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Phan Thiet