Phan Thiet Travel Answers

change location

Mui Ne questions

by tpham33 Online Now Dec 19, 2008 at 10:31 PM

We are staying 2 nights at Little Mui Ne Cottages.
They do not have sports activities on the resort so I was wondering where we could go in the area to do:

windsurfing, surfing, kitesurf, body boarding, wakeboarding, snorkeling, scuba diving, jetskis, golf.

What else do you recommend doing/seeing in Mui Ne/Phan Thiet?

Is it better taking the train or car service from HCMC to Mui Ne? I hear there is a rail service from HCMC to Phan Thiet.

Thanks.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • mikeinvietnam's Profile Photo

Re: Mui Ne questions

by mikeinvietnam Online Now Dec 19, 2008 at 11:45 PM

Ocean Dunes Golf Club, Phan Thiet vietnamgolfresorts.com/index...

expect sea breezes to be a slight challenge.

The only water sport I've seen in Mui Ne was waterboat kite flying. There must be other sports but I haven't seen them.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Chrissy50's Profile Photo

by Chrissy50 Online Now Dec 20, 2008 at 12:54 AM

I stayed at the Little Mui Ne Cottages about 1 and a half years ago but alas it was only for the night,we left the next Morning, I do wish we had more time there, we enjoyed the hotel our bungalow on the beach was a wonderful position. However we did have a car and a driver which I find better as you can change your mind and take detours if you like, also easier with luggage. Sorry I couldn't be much help.

• iblatt's Profile Photo

by iblatt Online Now Dec 20, 2008 at 1:18 AM

Hi,

Regarding transportation from HCMC to Mui-Ne: The sleeper-bus (used mainly by tourists) is your best choice, read my tip under "HCMC transportation": Ho Chi Minh City Transportation Tips by iblatt

As for what to do in Mui-Ne: Besides the sea (breezy!) and the water sports, visit the red sand dunes, read my tip under "Phan Thiet things to do":
    Phan Thiet Things to Do Tips by iblatt

You can also rent a jeep+guide and go to the white sand dunes, about 20 min from Mui Ne. Definitely go and visit the Mui Ne fishermen village, which is still authentic and unspoiled, better early in the morning when the boats come back from the sea. You can watch my videos:
    Phan Thiet Videos by iblatt

Another nice place to visit is Fairy Spring, with a short trek in a small canyon with colored sandstone walls. It is easily accessible on foot from the main coast road.

If you want to see an example of Cham temple architecture visit the Po Shanu Cham Towers, halfway between Mui Ne and Phan Thiet. They can be reached by public bus + a short walk, or by bicycle /car / motorbike from Mui-Ne.

In Phan Thiet itself I would recommend the market (very authentic)and the picturesque fishing harbor.

Enjoy,

Ilan

• JonnyVN's Profile Photo

by JonnyVN Online Now Dec 20, 2008 at 2:53 AM

Sports hit Jibes, no scuba in Phan Thiet. Night life in Jibes is also pretty good. Think the previous posts covered the sights, though if your up to it hire a bike and do the cham temples and dunes yourself, bit more fun.
    Jonny

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Phan Thiet