Phan Thiet Travel Answers

change location
judz's Profile Photo

train or bus??

by judz Online Now May 1, 2006 at 8:39 PM

We'te staying at the Seahorse in Phan Thiet in July but wondering the best way to get there from HCMC and then on to Nha Trang...is there a train service??

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • nikola_44's Profile Photo

RE: train or bus??

by nikola_44 Online Now May 2, 2006 at 5:48 AM

We are also staying at the Seahorse Resort but in January next year. We were going to Nha Trang but have changed our minds after seeing Mui Ne beaches and sand dunes! We are travelling from Saigon to the resort by car. Its going to take 3-3 1/2 hrs, apparently its quite a nice drive. I think you can get a train, its quite a new service?? not sure if i'm dreaming that though. I'll have a look for you.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nikola_44's Profile Photo

RE: train or bus??

by nikola_44 Online Now May 2, 2006 at 5:57 AM

I wasn't dreaming it!! here is a link to the website that has the info.
    http://www.muinebeach.net/
    seat61 web site will probably have more details on it. It looks like it takes just as long on the train as to drive though. Let us know what you think of the resort. We are dead excited and can't wait to go :-)have a great trip

• JonnyVN's Profile Photo

RE: RE: train or bus??

by JonnyVN Online Now May 2, 2006 at 8:40 AM

Yep there is a train service, new one. But then you have the 30 mins from Phan Thiet to MN. Car is a lot easier.

• judz's Profile Photo

by judz Online Now May 2, 2006 at 12:40 PM

Thanks for that info...just thought the car transfer a little expensive - last year we flew to Nha Trang and it was cheaper for the flights but wanted to go somewhere different this time but hope it's as nice as the beach at Nha Trang and Hoi An.

• JonnyVN's Profile Photo

by JonnyVN Online Now May 2, 2006 at 5:44 PM

Well I wouldn't say it's as nicer beach at them, but it is different. If you really want different then Phu Quoc is the answer, but much quieter

• judz's Profile Photo

by judz Online Now May 5, 2006 at 8:40 PM

Thanks for that info and found that site very informative...will let you know what the Seahorse if like...I can't wait either.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Phan Thiet