Petra Travel Answers

change location

looking for an adventure trek in Petra

by jordanbound80 Online Now Aug 18, 2008 at 9:19 AM

Hi all ...

I will be in Petra next week (for the third time... I love it !!) and I am looking for a company or individual who can help me with an adventure trek. I don't want to take a really long camel journey, more like a few days hiking and camping around some of the less tourist-infested areas near Petra.

Can anybody help me ? Has anybody used a cood tour company for this ? Or maybe I should find an individual guide ?

Any info would be much appriciated !

Cheers !

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • jadedmuse's Profile Photo

Re: looking for an adventure trek in Petra

by jadedmuse Online Now Aug 19, 2008 at 4:53 PM

Ammarin Bedouin Camp: http://www.bedouincamp.net/enter.html

Check these guys out. They offer various programs and you might find one suited to your tastes. I booked with them HOWEVER - I was 4 months pregnant when we finally made the trip, so between the time I originally booked a program with them and actually arrived, I decided to keep things mellow and figured trekking through the desert in either night or day, might not be in my best interests (at that time). I was VERY reluctant to make that decision and have always said I'll re-book with them for the next visit.

I discovered them through a fellow VTer (she's Jordanian, and had used them when she had friends visiting. I figured if a local thinks highly of them, they must be good). I had nothing but positive communications with them during our planning phase, so they're very nice people.

You might want to wander through their site and check it out for yourself.

Good luck, and have a great trip!

Michele

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Petra