Peshawar Travel Answers

change location
Ussama's Profile Photo

sir i am in emaraat hotle...

by Ussama Online Now Oct 16, 2012 at 11:20 AM

i want to know that .. as i know its not taken good to meet girl in public... thats why i want to meet my fuince in hotel ... so that we have privacy... but they are not allowing... can you help us in this regard??? sugest any place plz !!

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Re: sir i am in emaraat hotle...

by giampiero6 Online Now Oct 16, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I think that this member would like to meet his fiance' in a hotel in the emirates, but they don't allow it since they are unmarried.

He would like to know if there is anyway around this.

Suggestions?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: sir i am in emaraat hotle...

by Kuskiwi Online Now Oct 16, 2012 at 12:01 PM

If he is muslim - it won't be allowed and is in fact illegal.

• travelinxs's Profile Photo

by travelinxs Online Now Oct 16, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Just to add Mr. G, the Emeraat Hotel is in Peshawar, Pakistan.

My experience of Peshawar is that it is a place I would go to great lengths to avoid causing any cultural offence. I don't know if you are Pakistani my friend, in which case you will have more ideas on how to solve your problem than I, but otherwise I would be causcious of your actions. This is especially considering this is one of Pakistan's least liberal cities. Perhaps sir you may be able to meet your fiance in Lahore?

Regards
    Chris

• Bokhari76's Profile Photo

by Bokhari76 Online Now Oct 17, 2012 at 4:22 AM

Stay with a lady in a hotel without proper proof of marriage is prohibited in Pakistan. Some cheap hotels may allow. There is also chance of Police involvement & black mailing.

by travelinxs Online Now Oct 17, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I would say that although I would be very wary in Peshawar, in more liberal cities you might be alright, espeacially if you are not Pakistani and not muslim. I travelled with my girlfriend from Iran border through Quetta to Lahore for around 1 month unmarried and sharing a room without ever being questioned in regards to this. Hope it goes alright.

• Bokhari76's Profile Photo

by Bokhari76 Online Now Oct 17, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I am sure they won't mind for foreigners sharing a single room even in Peshawar, because Peshawar is also a big city. They can find liquor in hotels too.

Problem is for locals. Like in the case of this person, they were not confident enough to show their relation's strength. Hotel management had judged the case that they will be seeing each other without the permission of girl's parents. So it could be a difficult situation for them.

Situation becomes more dangerous when some hotels try to cash the situation. They black mail the couple involving police & so that they will call the girl's parents. Thats why I suggested them not to take a risk. Its a matter of respect for the girl & her family.

by travelinxs Online Now Oct 20, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Sir, what you say makes good sense and as I see you are from Karachi I would recommend the poster takes your advise.

Best regards.

• imranthetrekker's Profile Photo

by imranthetrekker Online Now Oct 29, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Hi,

Peshawar, the city where I was born and bred.

Conservative and religious attitude is common.

Hotel Emarat , my favorite in old city, a few times I used it for my foreign friends, located in the heart of city, Namak Mandi, the famous barbecue street .

You shouldn't told them before check in so things could be sorted out but there are parks like Sher Khan Stadium, Tatara park where still you could meet her.

Good Luck ..

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines