Peshawar Travel Answers

change location

Comments about Peshawar city

by tarimalik1443 Online Now Sep 22, 2010 at 5:48 AM

Hi Peshawar Form, I thought i should share my experience and querries with the people of Peshawar forum. I have a job offer in Peshawar, currently i am in Multan.I visited Peshawar a few days back, i have been to peshawar once before, I had to go to Hayatabad, where my place of work is. I was with my wife, as we had decided to look for accomodation on rent also. I was on my personal vehicle,and unfortunately we had a bitter experience of that place.First of all the traffic,it was frustrating,we travelled via GT road,university road and then hayatabad,tell u the truth it took us 1 hour and 25 minutes to reach hayatabad.Heavy traffic,and narrow roads.In Hayatabad we met most nonprofessional non serious type of property dealers.Pleae tell me the places of entertainment such as good food, places for children to go in Peshawar.Is it safe to live in Peshawar with family.I would be grateful for the reply.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • silenttraveller's Profile Photo

Re: Comments about Peshawar city

by silenttraveller Online Now Sep 22, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Dear Buddy first of all a warm welcome to Peshawar,so far your comparison of traffic,roads are concerned,it is same like other cities of Pakistan, Lahore,Pindi, Islamabad, Faisalabad,where you have more tariff jams than Peshawar,do not compalin about property dealers they got universal behavior which is common every where.

Best foods : Shiraz restaurant University road/Habibi Restuarnt Hayatabad
    Namkeen Tikka namak mundi Peshawar,Jalil Kababi Hayatabad chowk or firdous chowk
    Fast Foods: KFC near Tehkal univeristy road/Piza Hut near army stadium
    Chief Burgers abdara road
    Funland for kids: Large parks for families and kids in different sectors of hayatabad/Army stadium park on sat for families
    Enjoy your stay.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by silenttraveller Online Now Sep 22, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Dear Buddy first of all a warm welcome to Peshawar,so far your comparison of traffic,roads are concerned, it is same like other cities of Pakistan, Lahore,Pindi, Islamabad, Faisalabad,where you have more taffic jams than Peshawar,do not complain about property dealers they got universal behavior which is common everywhere.

Best foods : Shiraz restaurant University road/Habibi Restaurant Hayatabad
    Namkeen Tikka namak mundi Peshawar,Jalil Kababi Hayatabad chowk or firdous chowk
    Fast Foods: KFC near Tehkal univeristy road/Pizza Hut near army stadium
    Chief Burgers abdara road
    Fun land for kids: Large parks for families and kids in different sectors of hayatabad/Army stadium park on sat for families
    Enjoy your stay.

• Re: Comments about Peshawar city

by tarimalik1443 Online Now Sep 23, 2010 at 5:39 AM

Thanks a lot for the guidance. As far as the roads are concerned, i have been to all major cities of Pakistan, but the traffic condition in Peshawar is the most pathetic indeed, its not under any bias, i am correct. KPK has only one major and main city to look after, and unfortunately they have made a mess of it, despite having lots of money to spend on this city.
    Please do not compare it with the cities of the like of Rawalpindi etc,that city was also congested a while ago, but intelligent spending on that city has caused lots of widening of the main roads, beutiful strips around, its a lovely ity. Peshawar is called a land of flowers, but i could not unfortunately find a single flower there. Where were the flowers.I have no bias, but unfortunately, after hearing so much of that city i really got depressed.Any ways i hope to adjusted over there.

by silenttraveller Online Now Sep 23, 2010 at 11:00 AM

I live in Peshawar but i got a job in Islamabad,so i usually drive through marry road to reach my hotel from Islamabad,the traffic jam on marry road is awful you have to wait 1 to 2 hours to reach Pindi from Islamabad.Even in Islamabad there are wide spacious roads but sometimes if you got stuck in traffic jam,oh MY GOD you never know when you will get out of it.That is true we got only one straight road the GT Road.

Whatever it is everywhere situation is the same,it is how you have to adjust yourself according to the environment.

• imranthetrekker's Profile Photo

by imranthetrekker Online Now Sep 24, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Dear Tariq,

That was in Tuzke Babri when the Mughal king from Farghana called it, Pushpapura, (the city of flowers), those days are gone bro.

Pizza Hut Army Stadium, Usmania Restaurant, Silver Dragon (Chinese restaurant)on University road.

Avoid the busy markets in Peshawar, the city has been suffering for a decade due to militant attacks and bombings.

Allah hafiz,

Imran Schah

Photos of Pakistan at
    flickr.com/photos/imranthetr...

by gotago Online Now Oct 4, 2010 at 7:33 AM

Do not miss Namak Mandi Karahi( one of the famous local cuisine)

by peshawarguy Online Now Mar 1, 2011 at 3:40 AM

Hi,
    Mutton Karahi at Namak Mandi is mouth watering. Habibi restaurant at Khyber Bazar, Notrth West Heritage also serve good food.

All the best.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines