Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• aussolo's Profile Photo

path of the gods hike

Agerola Dec 4, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Hello all,

I wanted to send a thank you note to the owners of the Kiosk of the Path of the Gods, does anyone know where to send it.

thank you, Aussolo

more
    • Grossetto to Saturnia

Saturnia Dec 23, 2014 at 6:56 AM

Is there any direct travel between Grosseto to Saturnia? I am taking a train from Florence to Grosseto. Thanks.

more
    • Close to Vineyards, Beach, and open Food Market?

Sardegna Dec 20, 2014 at 10:48 PM

We would like to rent a house for a month or two in Sardinia next summer. I would love to walk to Beach, get to know about Sardinian Wine and buy local seasonal ingredients from Open Market and cook every day. Is it possible to find a house where I can do all of these things?

We want 3 or 4 bedroom near a beach in a little town. We are family of 4 (2 year old and 5 year old) It would be nice to have few local stores / markets and restaurants but doesn't have to be a big town. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

more
    • Coach Transport

Tremezzo Dec 11, 2014 at 1:54 AM

We are trying to book a mini bus/coach to take our guests from the hotel to a restaurant the day before our wedding. The journey is only 2.5km or 5 minutes but I just wondered if anyone has any contacts or can put us in touch with anyone that can help?

more
    • Opera or Opera school recitals in Rome?

Rome Dec 11, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Last April one of the highlights of our trip to Venice et al, was an evening concert / recital at Scuolo Grande Giovanni Evangelista. It was a couple hours of "The Greatest Hits" that is, popular arias by well trained Soprano, Tenor, and Baritone artists.
      Beautiful venue and the ticket wasn't more than 30 Euro (maybe considerably less) + BTW.

We'd like to enjoy something similar when we visit Rome in April.

I'm not what you'd call a big Opera fan - That is, I don't think I could tolerate a complete performance of ANY of the classic but, I'd certainly enjoy another evening of highlights.

Suggestions?

more
    • janetanne's Profile Photo

Renting a flat by the year

San Vincenzo Dec 1, 2014 at 4:55 AM

Does anyone know how one could find an apartment to rent by the year in San Vincenzo? Are there any VT members living in this area or nearby? Thank you.

more
    • soniamcc's Profile Photo

Markets and restaurants

Praiano Dec 7, 2014 at 6:42 AM

I'm planning a trip for 3 couples to Italy...want to be away from the busy positano. Is Praiano a good place? Are there markets and restaurants?

more
    • Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

How much and how long - a taxi from airport to Star Hotel President?

Genoa Dec 2, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Just as above - i have found the airport website

airport.genova.it/v2/index.p...

but cannot spot taxi information, in terms of cost or journey time. Anyone know ? Or am I just having an episode and the information is on the website ? thanks !!

more
    • DianaMS's Profile Photo

Malpensa T2 to Duomo

Milan Dec 23, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Hi Everyone,
      I need to know how to get from Malpensa airport (terminal 2) to the Duomo,
      I am only in Milan for a few hours and catching a later train to Venice, I would like to visit the Duomo, but need a place to leave my bags during my visit.
      What would you recommend?

more
    • Christmas Day

Rome Dec 18, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Hello, we are a family of 4(2 adults and 2 teenagers), we will spend our Christmas vacation in Italy(Rome 4 days- Florence 2 days and venice 2 days). Do you have any suggestion for 24 and 25 december in Rome and around>
      Thanks

more
    • ylcard's Profile Photo

Cost of data only SIM cards

Rome Dec 16, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Hello again!
      This time I need help with some numbers, specifically regarding the TCO of a (preferrably) data only sim card. Last time I bought a sim card for about 30€ and it included a hefty amount of 19GB of data, IIRC. I don't need 19GB, that was a huge mistake on my part, but oh well.

Thing is, the tariffs are confusing and they also don't tell the whole story, or rather - the price.. so when it says it costs X, it doesn't tell you that you also have to actually pay for the SIM, in addition to what the "package" costs you.

Since the Italian websites do not offer an English version (or in fact, any other language) it's even more difficult for me to understand how much would it cost me.

Obviously I did search Google, but many of the results are years old and may no longer be actual.

Will a kind soul go through the carriers with me and help me figure out the TCO of the SIM cards? I'm positive it will be very useful for everyone else, too!

more
    • Cabs in Milan

Milan Nov 30, 2014 at 4:40 AM

Hello, we are student travelers who will be traveling to Milan shortly.
      We are hoping to hail a cab from Duomo to San Siro stadium, and we would like to know how much time and money would be spent on the round trip. We would be delighted to get an answer back.
      Thanks!

more
    • soniamcc's Profile Photo

Transfers in Italy

Positano Dec 23, 2014 at 7:46 AM

Arriving in Rome. Need transfers to Positano. Not the train. Which is the most reliable shuttle service? Thank you!

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Restaurant near via Milazzo.

Rome Dec 23, 2014 at 6:49 AM

Could you suggest me some budget restaurant near via Milazzo or via Marsala?

Thanks.

more
    • Amalfi Coast Tours - Suggestions

Positano Dec 9, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Me and my wife are planning a trip to Positano and we would like to take few tours around the area and I was wondering if any one can help me out by giving some info in regards taking tours on the Amalfi Coast. Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks

more
    • Venice and day trips

Venice Dec 2, 2014 at 3:30 AM

I'm going to Venice for my birthday in february (2 days after the carnival ends). This is going to be my second time in Venice. I booked the same hotel there.

As I love the city, this time I want to explore also more of the Veneto places. I have only 3.5 days. I'm not that into museums or churches, I like to explore beautiful cities with nice views and good atmosphere. Where do you recommend me to go?

I thought for the first day to take a train to Verona. The second day train to Cittadella, Vicenza and Bassano del grappa (is it doable all 3 in the same day??) the third day to Padova and more of venice and the forth day again Venice. Is that a good plan? Should I go to other places instead? I wish I could go to the dolmitie mountains or lake garda but it's too far and not the season (not into doing ski) so maybe next time...

Also, in Venice I really liked the 3 islands, especially burano so I'll go there again, but I've never been to Lido. Should I go just to see it or not because it's off the season?? do you have any other suggestions for places to go for someone who was in Venice? I did the Doge's palace tour, I went into the tower to see the view and the basilica, even a bit at the local island (Juduca I think is the name?)

Thanks for any help! :)

more
    • Will all shops in Venice be closed on 25 & 26th Dec?

Venice Nov 26, 2014 at 7:15 AM

Hi, I want to go to Venice during Xmas. However, I wonder whether all shops in Venice will be closed on 25 & 26th Dec?

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Printing of theatre tickets

Rome Dec 9, 2014 at 3:26 PM

My dear friends I am back with questions about Rome. Actually we have booked online tickets for the teatro dell' opera and I have chosen to print at home the tickets. I would mostly appreciate if someone who speaks italian could tell me if the following info they sent me with the confirmation e-mail asks for sth. more than to do a simple printing of the pdf form of the tickets. Thank you very much.
      Verifica nella tua area riservata del sito lo stato degli acquisti
      La scelta della modalita` d`acquisto attraverso la funzione "Stampa a casa" (stampa del biglietto a cura dell`acquirente, direttamente da casa) comporta l`accettazione da parte dell`acquirente delle seguenti regole:

- Il titolo d`accesso, inviato sotto forma di file PDF, allegato alla presente email, deve essere stampato a cura dell`acquirente;
      - E` fatto obbligo all`acquirente di assicurarsi che la stampa prodotta sia di buona qualita`;
      - E` possibile salvare il/i file e procedere successivamente alla stampa;
      - La stampa prodotta rappresentera` l`unico titolo valido d`accesso per lo spettacolo e pertanto dovra` essere necessariamente presentato integro al controllo accessi dell`impianto.Sino al giorno dell`evento i titoli di accesso saranno disponibili per il download e la stampa nella tua area riservata del sito.

TI RICORDIAMO CHE, COME SPECIFICATO NELLE CONDIZIONI D`ACQUISTO ACCETTATE, PER I TITOLI ACQUISTATI CON MODALITA` STAMPA A CASA NON E` MAI CONSENTITO IL CAMBIO UTILIZZATORE.
      Ti ringraziamo per averci scelto e arrivederci per un nuovo acquisto.

more
    • John3554's Profile Photo

Best transport from Marco Polo Airport?

Italy Dec 4, 2014 at 12:56 AM

My wife and I will be flying into Marco Polo Airport but staying in a small apartment near the Frari Church. Looks like we could make that trip either by road (taxi or bus?) or water taxi. Any suggestions regarding best option? Thank you.

more
    • How about traveling to Venice for the Carnival 2015 with two kids (2 & 4)

Venice Dec 1, 2014 at 7:18 AM

Hello there!

I'm wondering if it is wise to visit Venice during the next Carnival for 2015 with two little kids (ages 2 & 4).
      I'm looking apartments with Airbnb. Is out there a better solution? I imagine hotels are very expensive in those days.

Do you have a good web to learn everything important related to the Carnival in Venice?

Thanks a lot!

Jose

more
    • A day trip from Rome

Cassino Nov 27, 2014 at 12:51 AM

We are wanting to do a day trip from Rome to Cassino to visit a family members grave at the Commonwealth cemetary and to also see the monastery. Can someone help with the best way to do this either independently or a tour.

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Palatine for disabled.

Rome Dec 14, 2014 at 12:25 PM

My mother has some mobility problems. Do you think it would be easy to go up the Palatinus for her. I have never been there, but I wish to do that.

Another question about that place. How long should I spend there for a proper visit?

more
    • annienvb's Profile Photo

Florence hotel

Florence Dec 3, 2014 at 7:29 AM

My husband and I will be in Florence, Italy for three nights, including New Year Eve. What hotel would you recommend where we can walk to most things and enjoy the festivities? Thank you!

more
    • electric wheelchair

Rome Dec 12, 2014 at 5:26 AM

my wife use standard electric wheelchair we like to travel in rome for 5 night take train from rome to florence
      ttay in florence 4 night and take train from florence to rome airport my Q is is it ok to move in electric wheelchair
      in rome and forence is tere are trains from florence to rome airport?thanks

more
    • o_henna's Profile Photo

Winter carnival

Venice Dec 17, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Please guide me all about the carnival. We are a young couple visiting venice specially to be a part of the carnival. Which will be a good place to stay? Where to rent the costumes and the balls to attend. We are on a budget, but yet would like to participate in all.
      Thankyou

more
    • Travel from Pescara airport to Atri at 15.08.14, 22.30h

by IngeBelgium Online Now Aug 11, 2014 at 3:42 AM

Our plane arrives in Pescara at 22.05h. There is no more train to Atri at this hour. Can somebody give us more information about other kinds of transport? We saw a taxi is around 50 euros and we are hoping to find a cheaper way to reach Atri. I can't find info from busses etc. Thanks in advance!

Best regards, Inge

11 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 1:08 PM
    • to gat to pescara from padova

by SundayI Online Now Jul 22, 2014 at 12:11 PM

how many hours from padova to pescara by train

1 Answer Jul 22, 2014 at 12:47 PM
    • trip along coastline

by Meraai Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 12:02 PM

My husband and I plan a trip from Bologna to Pescara by train, hoping it will be next to the coastline with some lovely scenery. Where is the railway line situated - is it worth taking the trip?

2 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 1:27 PM
    • Three days in Pescara

by eiram55 Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 1:34 PM

If Ihave a hotel near the central train station in Pescara, can I make 3 days trips (Lanciano, Loreto, and Manoppello)?

• train travel to Prescara

by Lindamaybe Online Now Feb 19, 2014 at 4:02 AM

is it possible to catch a train to Prescara from Rome?

thanks Linda

2 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 10:13 AM
    • manuna's Profile Photo

August 15th

by manuna Online Now Jul 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I noticed that the situation is different in each Italian region. We had quite a problem to get into any restaurant for dinner on that day while travelling in Toscana but there was no problem with it when we travelled in the north of Italy. What about Pescara? Should we book in advance some restaurant for dinner on August 15th ?

7 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    • Nightlife

by apeachey Online Now Jun 10, 2013 at 5:55 AM

Me and a couple of other girls are coming for a weekend trip to Pescara at the end of June. I was just wondering if there were any good cocktail bars/nightlife around?

Thanks,

Aimee

• manuna's Profile Photo

Culinary and cooking

by manuna Online Now May 20, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Now we realised that the best way to discover an Italian region is through food. Cooking, tasting and relaxing. Could you please recommend a company that provides such 1-day programs? Meanwhile I found only week-tours. Or may be you can recommend some sights producing local specialities that can be visited. I'm interested in Abruzzo or Apulia region. Thank you in advance.

1 Answer May 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM
    • Francavilla al mare

by genebeans Online Now Aug 24, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I would appreciate someone looking at my question on Francavilla al mare forum and giving me some insight or at least someone I can communicate with to ask more questions-Thanks-Gene

4 Answers Aug 25, 2012 at 11:29 AM
    • AlinB's Profile Photo

Beach fees

by AlinB Online Now Jul 27, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Does anybody know beaches around Pescara, IT, that have lower fees. In Montesilvano (close to Pescara) thay all seem to charge 15 euros a day for a couple, which is a lot, given my experience (in Chioggi they charge 7 or 5).

Thanks for your support

1 Answer Jul 28, 2012 at 1:52 AM
    • general info on Pescara

by genebeans Online Now Jul 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Have been to Italy many many timesand am considering Pescara and we like places where we can walk to dinner etc and feel safe. In reading a post on a hotel on Trip Advisor someone comments about the number of drunks on the street and that is not a very clean city. Are these comments true as others have said they enjoyed it there.
      Whaere can I get a good overview of Pescara as a city or should we consider staying somewhere else nearby
      Your help is appreciated-Thanks-Gene

5 Answers Jul 14, 2012 at 5:55 AM
    • 65Roses's Profile Photo

Help! Traveling to Italy in August

by 65Roses Online Now Jun 26, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I have never been to Italy and am traveling there August 1 with a friend who lives in Pescara. I have no idea what to pack or what to expect. How do things differ from the midwestern US? Any info to help me fit in more would be greatly appreciated.

27 Answers Jul 1, 2012 at 12:08 PM
    • Transportation from Pescara Centrale to Airport

by mariavernagrandchild Online Now Mar 5, 2012 at 9:13 AM

We will be arriving in Pescara by train and need to get from Pescara Centrale to the AutoEurope car rental pickup at the airport. How far is it, and is there public transport there? We don't mind walking if it is fairly close and a safe walk. Thank you for your help!

3 Answers Mar 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM
    • Villa d'olive

by Hollsg Online Now Jan 5, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Hi I am looking to holiday in pescara and have heard about the villa d'olive
      but I can't find any details on the Internet i was wondering if anyone knew of a phone number and maybe the owners name thank you .

2 Answers Jan 5, 2012 at 8:11 AM
    • Day Trips from Pescara to the Wine Country

by lsybel Online Now Dec 7, 2011 at 8:28 AM

My friend and I are coming to italy for 18 days. We are thinking about staying two nights in Pescara. We'd like to try and fine a day trip to the wine country. Can anyone recommend a tour company for a day trip only? (Lots of 7 day wine tours - we don't want that.) Any other areas in the Abruzzo area you can recommend would also be appreciated. We will be coming from Bologna the night before and will be on our way to Sorrento for a week. Two nights free between the two above cities and we were thinking of Pescara. Thoughts?

4 Answers Jan 30, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    • information

by bellevillebev Online Now Sep 8, 2011 at 3:13 AM

hello we are staying in this lovely area for afew weeks...i was hoping someone would know of store that sells knitting wool??we are staying at villamaria hotel....also anywhere to dance for middleage couple?thanks for information

2 Answers Sep 9, 2011 at 11:39 PM
    • TRAVEL TO ABRUZZO END OF SEPTEMBER

by beejay421 Online Now May 3, 2011 at 10:46 AM

We are trying to decide where to stay in Abruzzo for about one week. We will not have a car and would like to stay where we would have the best transportation options for visiting other towns and villages as we will not have a car. We love historic and picturesque towns or cites. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as we are unfamiliar with the area but have heard wonderful things about it.

7 Answers Feb 10, 2012 at 9:00 AM
    • travel options

by Filippo18 Online Now Sep 12, 2010 at 1:12 PM

What is the best way to reach Castello Chiola Hotel from Pescara Centrale train station? I am going to Pescara in early October and will not have a car.I am trying to decide if I should stay in Pescara (Hotel Victoria) or Castello Chiola Hotel in Loreto Aprutino. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated very much...

Thanks very much...

Filippo

3 Answers Sep 12, 2010 at 4:07 PM
    • Advice on living and working in Pescara

by globug Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 5:52 AM

Hi

I am looking to relocate from the UK to live and work in Pescara.

I have full Italian citizenship and would like any help/advice/information on long term properties to rent and also how to find work in that area.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gloria

1 Answer Jul 12, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    • Best way to get to Pescara from Berlin

by Artemis9 Online Now Jun 16, 2010 at 7:33 AM

We are travelling to Pescara from Berlin in September and are wondering what would be the cheapest way to get there!
      Thanx in advance!

2 Answers Jun 16, 2010 at 10:05 AM
    • Best way to travel from Positano to Pescara

by abbilello Online Now May 10, 2010 at 5:32 PM

I am going to be in Positano and heading over to Pescara from there. I am guessing the best way is to get a ride to Naples and take a bus from there but I can't find any information online about how to do this? Anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

• floridiana's Profile Photo

Address Of Pescara Bus Terminal

by floridiana Online Now Sep 15, 2009 at 7:08 PM

We are leaving in 2 weeks for Pescara and we have decided to take the bus from the Tiburtina station.
      I have been trying to locate a physical address for where we will be arriving in Pescara so I will have some idea how far we will be from our Hotel.
      I have not been able to find the information so I can locate the station on google maps.
      Does anyone have the address or give me some sort of idea where the station is located.
      I would appreciate any help.
      Thank you.

2 Answers Sep 15, 2009 at 11:40 PM
    • Pescara to Atri

by suegrn Online Now Sep 5, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Does anyone know how we can get a bus schedule from Pescara to Atri?

1 Answer Sep 5, 2009 at 10:27 AM
    • Pescara to San Giovanni Rotondo

by dougie5419 Online Now Jul 8, 2009 at 8:40 AM

I'm flying to Pescara in September and looking for help to get to San Giovanni Rotondo from there . Can anyone advise the cheapest and best way of doing this.
      Thank you

1 Answer Jul 8, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    • castello chilla dimora storica hotel

by genebeans Online Now Jul 15, 2008 at 8:27 AM

Anyone familiar with this hotel in Loretto Aprutino-It looks terrific on the internet however it is tough to get any reviews. Is that a good place to spend a week to expolore the entire region or is francavilla al mare a better choice. We do not want to stay directly in Pescara--Gene

1 Answer Jul 16, 2008 at 7:30 AM
    • Area in general

by genebeans Online Now Jul 7, 2008 at 12:31 PM

What area of Italy would you compare this to?Is two weeks far too long to spend in this area. I would really appreciate an overview of the area in general-Thanks-Gene

2 Answers May 3, 2011 at 11:33 AM
    • Travel from Amalfi Coast to Pescara

by rel1058 Online Now Apr 18, 2008 at 9:27 PM

Does anyone know the fastest and easiest way to get from Sorrento to Pescara? We are travelling from Rome to Sorrento and then going to Pescara. I know that there is a bus from Rome to Pescara but cannot seem to find any information about travelling (train/bus or Air) to Pescara from the Naples/Sorrento.
      Can anyone help me?

7 Answers Apr 19, 2008 at 11:17 PM
    • jaclynmc's Profile Photo

Pescara - any information

by jaclynmc Online Now Mar 9, 2008 at 11:03 AM

Hello Everyone,

In September i will be moving to Pescara for 10 months to study as an erasmus student at the University. I would be grateful if anyone could give me any information on What Pescara's like, what it's like for students and just general information on things to do and how much things cost.

I can't seem to find any information on the internet really so starting to get slightly worried now.

Thank you,

Jaclyn xx

7 Answers Mar 27, 2008 at 10:59 AM
    • Shopping in Pescara

by JPP888 Online Now Sep 27, 2007 at 2:22 AM

Hello everyone. Just a simple one: where is the best street/area in Pescara for clothes/shoes shopping? Just general commercial stuff. Also, I would like to buy local cheeses and cured meat. Anywhere good you can recommend (preferably close to the commercial shopping area above)?

• Need help finding a place to stay in Pescara / Teramo

by JPP888 Online Now Sep 5, 2007 at 8:29 AM

Hi everyone,

I will be making a short trip to Italy to visit someone in Giulianova, just north of Pescara and am struggling to find a nice place to stay.

I have to decide whether to stay 1) by the sea in Giulianova (or similar town on the sea like Alba Adriatica or Rosetto degli Abbruzzi), 2) in a "real" town more inland (Atri, Teramo or Mosciano Sant' Angelo or 3) in Pescara itself.

I prefer option 2 but can't seem to find a decent place to stay in the inland places.

The real criteria is that it's within 30 minutes from Giulianova and that it's a pleasant and reasonably priced placed (up to 100 euros).

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

3 Answers Sep 19, 2007 at 4:04 AM