Travel Answers
Pescara

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Any experience renting a dinghy at Palmasera rentals?

Cala Gonone 1 hours ago

I have been getting price quotes for a one day rental this summer, and Palmasera is 20 euros cheaper than the others. It looks like they are a new business with very few reviews. Anyone on VT that has used their boats? Thanks!

more
    • Evenings in Griante

Cadenabbia di Griante Jan 11, 2015 at 5:42 AM

We are hoping to travel to Lake Como this summer and are looking at the possibility of staying in Griante. Is there enough buzz in the evenings. We do not look for entertainment but like to potter about, perhaps a few shops and of course spend the evening dining but do like a 'buzz' and people watching. Is this typical of this area.

more
    • S'Ardia horse race questions

Sardegna Jan 6, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Can anyone tell me what time is it good to get to this event in order to get a good place to stand to see this race? What time does the race start? Where is a good place to park?
      TIA !

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Nice hotel in Sirmione.

Sirmione Jan 18, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Could you suggest me a nice three star hotel in Sirmione? It should be possibly not far from the town center.

Thanks!

more
    • onehipdad's Profile Photo

Naples to Pompeii to Benevento

Pompeii Jan 15, 2015 at 7:05 PM

I'm arriving in Naples Sat. 8 Feb. from Bilbao, Spain around 1pm. I would like to visit Pompeii & Herculaneum on Sunday, but I have to be in Benevento that night for work on Monday. Should I train to Pompeii for Sat. night? It looks like I'd have to take a train back to Naples, then to Benevento, taking about three hours. How late do the trains run, and what time should I plan to leave Pompeii on Sunday?

more
    • Traveling to lecco

Lecco Jan 7, 2015 at 1:05 PM

I am planning to go to Lombardia for a week this July and planning to use Lecco as a base for 3 to 4 days. We'll be traveling during the day and returning in the evening. Is the place nice with restaurants and bars?

Any suggestions will be very helpfull

Thanks

more
    • Postonja Caces

Trieste Jan 3, 2015 at 6:38 AM

Can you visit the Postonja caves from Trieste, if so how?

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Opening hours for churches

Assisi Jan 21, 2015 at 2:12 PM

Dear friends hallo again. Since we will be visiting Assisi as well, for a day trip, we would like to visit some of the churches. But, unfortunately, we don't have any luck at finding the exact opening hours for some of them. And when we find them at some sites they don't seem to match one info with the other. So, in short, any help upon this would be mostly appreciated. The churches are:
      1. Eremo delle Carceri
      2. Tiempo di Minerva
      3. Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli
      4. New Church
      5. Oratorio dei pellegrini
      7. San Pietro
      8. Parish of Santa Maria Maggiore
      9. Church of santo Stefano
      10. Santa Maria delle Rose

Thanks again for your precious help.

more
    • What time do people go out?

Milan Jan 17, 2015 at 1:49 AM

Where I live the nightlife usually starts at about 12 PM. When is it normal to go out? I heard that in Barcelona people would start going out at about 1 AM, so just wondering how it works in Milan.

more
    • Calle del Piovano Gritti

Venice Jan 15, 2015 at 8:55 AM

Can anyone tell me the location of calle del Piovano Gritti in Venice?

more
    • around the corner from Ghirlandaio's Last Supper at San Marco convent.

Florence Jan 13, 2015 at 6:43 PM

There is a peita in the same room as Ghirlandaio's Last Supper -- I read that the room is the refectory of the hostel of the San Marco convent. I have recollection of it being on the wall to my right as I faced the Ghirlandaio. It looks like glazed ceramic,(a little chipped), white with blue background, in an archway of fruit garland. Does anyone know what it is and by whom?

more
    • DedovicSarah's Profile Photo

Good food and a good time near the port!

Genoa Jan 11, 2015 at 7:34 AM

Hello everyone! I'm coming soon to Genoa and I was wondering where I can try quality Italian food, some restaurant recommendations? What about the nightlife? Is there a place where you can enjoy good reggaeton music near the port?

more
    • Transit to Ski Tonale Pass or Presena Glacier

Italy Jan 9, 2015 at 11:36 PM

Hi, would like to make a Saturday ski excursion in and around Tonale Pass, more so the Presena Glacier. I can see a train from Brescia will get me as far as Edolo. But what after that?

Are there shuttles that will get me to the Ski basin from the train station in Edolo as well as carried back?
      Any insights into making this little ski stint a fun experience greatly appreciated. Would be even better if there was a ski/bus tour out of Brescia directly to the ski basin but I just haven't been able to find it.

more
    • Searching for a specifik hotel in Ischia!! Please help me!

Ischia Jan 7, 2015 at 12:30 PM

I'm searching for a hotel in the Ischia and I would really appreciate if you could help me find it.

It's a 4 star hotel/resort when it's full there can be around 400-500 guests at least.

The hotel is u-shaped and has bungalows in front of the main building, on the other side of a parking space,

I think it's quite a big complex, when guests are going to stay in one of the bungalows one of the staff will take you to your room in something similar to a golf car.

It has 5 floors

It has a spa with emotional showers and jacuzzi baths/thermal baths,

The hotel has two restaurants for the customers and two bars, one pool bar and one bar inside.

The hotel is open right now but it is closing this week for 3,5 weeks for maintenance.

Outisde of the hotel, very close, there is another restaurant that is not with the hotel but many hotel guests go there, it's like a disco bar restaurant/pizzera where people can both eat, drink and dance.

The hotel has bed and breakfast, half board and full board.

When guests arrive late in the evening and they have booked HB or FB, they get a cold dinner plate served for them.

The hotel has glass doors in the entrance and the floor is blue and beige tiles, the reception desk is white,

The reception area/lobby have a beautiful ceiling and arched roof between the rooms.

It's a family run hotel and the owners are old over 60 or 70 years old and they still work there.

It has 24 hours reception service.

more
    • Staying hotel Cristina North west I think

Limone sul Garda Jan 3, 2015 at 9:43 AM

Hi, I'm coming to italy to celebrate my 30th in April,
      We fly into venice in the 6th
      We fly out of Rome on the 14th

I had intended to stay 2 nights in venice , go to lake Garda for 2 nights, travel to rome kinda via Pisa and Verona and stay in Rome 3 nights
      Have I been way way way too adventurous , if so please advise me the best way to make the most of my stay.
      My partner has offered to drive whilst we are there what are car hire prices like or would it be better using public transport.
      Thankyou in advance any advice will be appreciated

Zoe

more
    • Michal_Slovakia's Profile Photo

Venetian Carnival 2015

Venice Jan 3, 2015 at 8:28 AM

Heey Venetian & Italian guys,

I´m about to come to Venice for Venetian Carnival 2015 by the first week of February. I´m looking for housing for a few days, so please if there is some kind and friendly person, do not hesitate and write me. I will really appreciate it.

If you don´t have conditions to offer me housing, just write me and we could hang out together during Carnival and have some fun there. More people on the trip means more joint experiences and more adventures, so be ready for that!

Thanks a lot, wish all of you a Happy New Year full of success, happiness and traveling around the world.

Greetings from Slovakia

Michal

more
    • blue grotto, Capri.

Sorrento Jan 2, 2015 at 6:02 AM

What time of day isbest to visit / enter the blue grotto ? I heard a span of a few hours - 11 am to 1 pm ? when sunrays penetrate deep and thats the real beauty .
      Also can one reserve the entry time ? to avoid ques and to catch the best timings ?
      --Thanks
      --Shirish Mahajan

more
    • Honeymoon

Amalfi Yesterday

Looking to find those things that many tourist don't do... or go.. would like to find those hidden gems that can only be known by the locals, or those that have ventured out and found these sites by accident... well, maybe not by accident, but "getting lost" can sometimes lend to amazing adventures... ideas ?

more
    • Getting from monterosso train station to the ferry terminal

Monterosso al Mare Yesterday

We are travelling by train from Ventimiglia to Monterosso by train, and then want to catch the cinque terre ferry.
      Can anyone tell me the ferry location and how we would get there? We are a party of 3 adults, with one elderly adult
      Thanks

more
    • to carnival by car

Venice Jan 20, 2015 at 5:59 AM

Does somebody know whether Venice is closed for cars during carnival ??

more
    • aussolo's Profile Photo

Accommodation

Minori Jan 17, 2015 at 5:51 PM

Hi Everyone,

I will be heading to Minori for my holiday this year and have been looking at self-contained studio versus hotel room as I do like to cook for myself and make my own breakfast and generally to have a fridge, or do any hotels have fridge and tea making facilities. Are there any safe sites to book through, your thoughts would be appreciated.
      thank you

more
    • train travel

Limone Piemonte Jan 17, 2015 at 3:54 AM

Can i take a train from Nice airport to Limone Piemonte? May

more
    • Bus or train from napoli to Monopoli

Naples Jan 14, 2015 at 3:11 PM

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to travel from napoli to (Bari) final destination is Monopoli?
      Is it better to reserve in advance by internet or just buy tickerts on site. And what is the price?
      Friendly greetings

more
    • Boat service on Lakeccoe Como from L

Lecco Jan 11, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Hi, we will be travelling to Lecco in the second week of Febuary. We heard that trenord offers boat services on lake Como from Lecco. From were in Lecco can we take this service please?

more
    • Luggage Storage

Como Jan 1, 2015 at 8:57 PM

We are travelling from Milan Centrale station to Como and was wondering if there was any luggage storage in Como as we would like to travel around the lakes for a couple of days. Thank you

more
    • Travel from Pescara airport to Atri at 15.08.14, 22.30h

by IngeBelgium Online Now Aug 11, 2014 at 3:42 AM

Our plane arrives in Pescara at 22.05h. There is no more train to Atri at this hour. Can somebody give us more information about other kinds of transport? We saw a taxi is around 50 euros and we are hoping to find a cheaper way to reach Atri. I can't find info from busses etc. Thanks in advance!

Best regards, Inge

11 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 1:08 PM
    • to gat to pescara from padova

by SundayI Online Now Jul 22, 2014 at 12:11 PM

how many hours from padova to pescara by train

1 Answer Jul 22, 2014 at 12:47 PM
    • trip along coastline

by Meraai Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 12:02 PM

My husband and I plan a trip from Bologna to Pescara by train, hoping it will be next to the coastline with some lovely scenery. Where is the railway line situated - is it worth taking the trip?

2 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 1:27 PM
    • Three days in Pescara

by eiram55 Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 1:34 PM

If Ihave a hotel near the central train station in Pescara, can I make 3 days trips (Lanciano, Loreto, and Manoppello)?

• train travel to Prescara

by Lindamaybe Online Now Feb 19, 2014 at 4:02 AM

is it possible to catch a train to Prescara from Rome?

thanks Linda

2 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 10:13 AM
    • manuna's Profile Photo

August 15th

by manuna Online Now Jul 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I noticed that the situation is different in each Italian region. We had quite a problem to get into any restaurant for dinner on that day while travelling in Toscana but there was no problem with it when we travelled in the north of Italy. What about Pescara? Should we book in advance some restaurant for dinner on August 15th ?

7 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    • Nightlife

by apeachey Online Now Jun 10, 2013 at 5:55 AM

Me and a couple of other girls are coming for a weekend trip to Pescara at the end of June. I was just wondering if there were any good cocktail bars/nightlife around?

Thanks,

Aimee

• manuna's Profile Photo

Culinary and cooking

by manuna Online Now May 20, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Now we realised that the best way to discover an Italian region is through food. Cooking, tasting and relaxing. Could you please recommend a company that provides such 1-day programs? Meanwhile I found only week-tours. Or may be you can recommend some sights producing local specialities that can be visited. I'm interested in Abruzzo or Apulia region. Thank you in advance.

1 Answer May 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM
    • Francavilla al mare

by genebeans Online Now Aug 24, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I would appreciate someone looking at my question on Francavilla al mare forum and giving me some insight or at least someone I can communicate with to ask more questions-Thanks-Gene

4 Answers Aug 25, 2012 at 11:29 AM
    • AlinB's Profile Photo

Beach fees

by AlinB Online Now Jul 27, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Does anybody know beaches around Pescara, IT, that have lower fees. In Montesilvano (close to Pescara) thay all seem to charge 15 euros a day for a couple, which is a lot, given my experience (in Chioggi they charge 7 or 5).

Thanks for your support

1 Answer Jul 28, 2012 at 1:52 AM
    • general info on Pescara

by genebeans Online Now Jul 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Have been to Italy many many timesand am considering Pescara and we like places where we can walk to dinner etc and feel safe. In reading a post on a hotel on Trip Advisor someone comments about the number of drunks on the street and that is not a very clean city. Are these comments true as others have said they enjoyed it there.
      Whaere can I get a good overview of Pescara as a city or should we consider staying somewhere else nearby
      Your help is appreciated-Thanks-Gene

5 Answers Jul 14, 2012 at 5:55 AM
    • 65Roses's Profile Photo

Help! Traveling to Italy in August

by 65Roses Online Now Jun 26, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I have never been to Italy and am traveling there August 1 with a friend who lives in Pescara. I have no idea what to pack or what to expect. How do things differ from the midwestern US? Any info to help me fit in more would be greatly appreciated.

27 Answers Jul 1, 2012 at 12:08 PM
    • Transportation from Pescara Centrale to Airport

by mariavernagrandchild Online Now Mar 5, 2012 at 9:13 AM

We will be arriving in Pescara by train and need to get from Pescara Centrale to the AutoEurope car rental pickup at the airport. How far is it, and is there public transport there? We don't mind walking if it is fairly close and a safe walk. Thank you for your help!

3 Answers Mar 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM
    • Villa d'olive

by Hollsg Online Now Jan 5, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Hi I am looking to holiday in pescara and have heard about the villa d'olive
      but I can't find any details on the Internet i was wondering if anyone knew of a phone number and maybe the owners name thank you .

2 Answers Jan 5, 2012 at 8:11 AM
    • Day Trips from Pescara to the Wine Country

by lsybel Online Now Dec 7, 2011 at 8:28 AM

My friend and I are coming to italy for 18 days. We are thinking about staying two nights in Pescara. We'd like to try and fine a day trip to the wine country. Can anyone recommend a tour company for a day trip only? (Lots of 7 day wine tours - we don't want that.) Any other areas in the Abruzzo area you can recommend would also be appreciated. We will be coming from Bologna the night before and will be on our way to Sorrento for a week. Two nights free between the two above cities and we were thinking of Pescara. Thoughts?

4 Answers Jan 30, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    • information

by bellevillebev Online Now Sep 8, 2011 at 3:13 AM

hello we are staying in this lovely area for afew weeks...i was hoping someone would know of store that sells knitting wool??we are staying at villamaria hotel....also anywhere to dance for middleage couple?thanks for information

2 Answers Sep 9, 2011 at 11:39 PM
    • TRAVEL TO ABRUZZO END OF SEPTEMBER

by beejay421 Online Now May 3, 2011 at 10:46 AM

We are trying to decide where to stay in Abruzzo for about one week. We will not have a car and would like to stay where we would have the best transportation options for visiting other towns and villages as we will not have a car. We love historic and picturesque towns or cites. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as we are unfamiliar with the area but have heard wonderful things about it.

7 Answers Feb 10, 2012 at 9:00 AM
    • travel options

by Filippo18 Online Now Sep 12, 2010 at 1:12 PM

What is the best way to reach Castello Chiola Hotel from Pescara Centrale train station? I am going to Pescara in early October and will not have a car.I am trying to decide if I should stay in Pescara (Hotel Victoria) or Castello Chiola Hotel in Loreto Aprutino. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated very much...

Thanks very much...

Filippo

3 Answers Sep 12, 2010 at 4:07 PM
    • Advice on living and working in Pescara

by globug Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 5:52 AM

Hi

I am looking to relocate from the UK to live and work in Pescara.

I have full Italian citizenship and would like any help/advice/information on long term properties to rent and also how to find work in that area.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gloria

1 Answer Jul 12, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    • Best way to get to Pescara from Berlin

by Artemis9 Online Now Jun 16, 2010 at 7:33 AM

We are travelling to Pescara from Berlin in September and are wondering what would be the cheapest way to get there!
      Thanx in advance!

2 Answers Jun 16, 2010 at 10:05 AM
    • Best way to travel from Positano to Pescara

by abbilello Online Now May 10, 2010 at 5:32 PM

I am going to be in Positano and heading over to Pescara from there. I am guessing the best way is to get a ride to Naples and take a bus from there but I can't find any information online about how to do this? Anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

• floridiana's Profile Photo

Address Of Pescara Bus Terminal

by floridiana Online Now Sep 15, 2009 at 7:08 PM

We are leaving in 2 weeks for Pescara and we have decided to take the bus from the Tiburtina station.
      I have been trying to locate a physical address for where we will be arriving in Pescara so I will have some idea how far we will be from our Hotel.
      I have not been able to find the information so I can locate the station on google maps.
      Does anyone have the address or give me some sort of idea where the station is located.
      I would appreciate any help.
      Thank you.

2 Answers Sep 15, 2009 at 11:40 PM
    • Pescara to Atri

by suegrn Online Now Sep 5, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Does anyone know how we can get a bus schedule from Pescara to Atri?

1 Answer Sep 5, 2009 at 10:27 AM
    • Pescara to San Giovanni Rotondo

by dougie5419 Online Now Jul 8, 2009 at 8:40 AM

I'm flying to Pescara in September and looking for help to get to San Giovanni Rotondo from there . Can anyone advise the cheapest and best way of doing this.
      Thank you

1 Answer Jul 8, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    • castello chilla dimora storica hotel

by genebeans Online Now Jul 15, 2008 at 8:27 AM

Anyone familiar with this hotel in Loretto Aprutino-It looks terrific on the internet however it is tough to get any reviews. Is that a good place to spend a week to expolore the entire region or is francavilla al mare a better choice. We do not want to stay directly in Pescara--Gene

1 Answer Jul 16, 2008 at 7:30 AM
    • Area in general

by genebeans Online Now Jul 7, 2008 at 12:31 PM

What area of Italy would you compare this to?Is two weeks far too long to spend in this area. I would really appreciate an overview of the area in general-Thanks-Gene

2 Answers May 3, 2011 at 11:33 AM
    • Travel from Amalfi Coast to Pescara

by rel1058 Online Now Apr 18, 2008 at 9:27 PM

Does anyone know the fastest and easiest way to get from Sorrento to Pescara? We are travelling from Rome to Sorrento and then going to Pescara. I know that there is a bus from Rome to Pescara but cannot seem to find any information about travelling (train/bus or Air) to Pescara from the Naples/Sorrento.
      Can anyone help me?

7 Answers Apr 19, 2008 at 11:17 PM
    • jaclynmc's Profile Photo

Pescara - any information

by jaclynmc Online Now Mar 9, 2008 at 11:03 AM

Hello Everyone,

In September i will be moving to Pescara for 10 months to study as an erasmus student at the University. I would be grateful if anyone could give me any information on What Pescara's like, what it's like for students and just general information on things to do and how much things cost.

I can't seem to find any information on the internet really so starting to get slightly worried now.

Thank you,

Jaclyn xx

7 Answers Mar 27, 2008 at 10:59 AM
    • Shopping in Pescara

by JPP888 Online Now Sep 27, 2007 at 2:22 AM

Hello everyone. Just a simple one: where is the best street/area in Pescara for clothes/shoes shopping? Just general commercial stuff. Also, I would like to buy local cheeses and cured meat. Anywhere good you can recommend (preferably close to the commercial shopping area above)?

• Need help finding a place to stay in Pescara / Teramo

by JPP888 Online Now Sep 5, 2007 at 8:29 AM

Hi everyone,

I will be making a short trip to Italy to visit someone in Giulianova, just north of Pescara and am struggling to find a nice place to stay.

I have to decide whether to stay 1) by the sea in Giulianova (or similar town on the sea like Alba Adriatica or Rosetto degli Abbruzzi), 2) in a "real" town more inland (Atri, Teramo or Mosciano Sant' Angelo or 3) in Pescara itself.

I prefer option 2 but can't seem to find a decent place to stay in the inland places.

The real criteria is that it's within 30 minutes from Giulianova and that it's a pleasant and reasonably priced placed (up to 100 euros).

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

3 Answers Sep 19, 2007 at 4:04 AM