change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• peekenjoo's Profile Photo

Walking in Umbria

Assisi Jul 2, 2014 at 5:18 AM

Hi all, I plan a walking trip in the region of Assisi (Perugia, Spello, Spoleto). This is the first time I want to taking a "walking" holiday… Does any one have tips for planning? Where can I find good maps for walking tours? Google maps permits me to set the itinerary using normal roads, but i was hoping to use smaller paths and trails. Any advise is welcome! Thanks!

more
    • How to get there

by KitHarv22 Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Hi, what is the best way to get to Perugia from Rome? I've tried to look and found one train at 5am! Is there another way of getting to the city?

Thanks
      Kitty

5 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 12:54 PM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Day trips from Perugia.

by Maurizioago Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Could you suggest some easy day trips by public transportation from Perugia?

Thanks!

6 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 2:46 PM
    • Transport and culture

by Julianne21 Online Now Sep 7, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Hi Guys,
      Currently in Perugia for 3 months. Could someone tell me how to get to Naples. Is the bus option ok, and how do I go about this? (train seems a hassle with up to 4 changes).
      Would anyone know how to access a cultural/event agenda for Naples?
      Thanks xx

5 Answers Sep 7, 2013 at 7:40 AM
    • Mini metro

by sswilliams Online Now Apr 3, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Where do I catch the mini metro

1 Answer Apr 3, 2013 at 7:23 AM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Perugia ,

by Papim2 Online Now Nov 3, 2012 at 5:26 AM

When we leave Rome heading back to florence, we plan on stopping in Perugia ...any good tips and is it worth the stop....I heard a lot about it.....help out..thanks

2 Answers Nov 4, 2012 at 12:32 PM
    • MarianneS3's Profile Photo

right time to go to Perugia ?

by MarianneS3 Online Now Aug 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM

i have the intention to go to Perugia this week but I wanted to know if it is the right period , as I
      know in Italia many things are closed in August . I was already a few years ago in Bologna in August and most of the shops were closed . Somebody who lives there can tell me how it is in Perugia ?
      thanks a lot !
      Marianne

2 Answers Aug 19, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    • Accommodation, Transport, Things to see and do

by Mrs5131 Online Now Apr 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM

My wife and I will be in Perugia in mid Jan 2013. My wife has mobility issues and at times will need to be in a wheel chair. After cheap/reasonable ground floor or room with a lift that is within walking distance of train/bus station as we will be coming from either Rome or Florence. Also need information about what to see/do and wear the locals eat and shop.

Thanks guys.

2 Answers Apr 29, 2012 at 1:20 PM
    • Exercise and fitness in Perugia

by AshleighIovino Online Now Jan 29, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I will be living in Perugia for the next 5 months. Can anyone recommend an affordable gym which I could join preferably as close to the city centre as possible?

I am also looking for a good yoga studio if anyone has any suggestions?

1 Answer Jan 30, 2012 at 12:08 AM
    • ElenaKKKK's Profile Photo

Perugia: dining and stay

by ElenaKKKK Online Now Jan 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Hi) Me and my school friend plan to spend 5 days in Perugia 25- 29th of May on a way to Bergamo Euromeet. As a part of Euromeet we plan to visit Pallio della balestra in Gubbio on 27th, in addition- Assisi, Spello and, may be, Orvieto. So I have some questions:
      1. Could anybody recommend me nice place to dine: something with live music, informal and vivid atmosphere: we aren't interested in night life, just pleasant place to spend evening without risky adventures:-)
      2. As I've read here, on VT, that Monday is the day of "closed doors" in Italy, is it worth to visit Assisi on Monday, or some of sights will be closed and we should better go somethere else? (we won't hire a car and will travel by public transport).
      3. On the page of Perugia here there is a "Con" tip that Perugia is unsafe place with a lot of criminality. We stay a bit far from the centre: in Etruscan Chocotel, is it safe to walk at evenings (for example going to the hotel from the dinner at restaurant in old town) for 2 mid-aged ladies? Or there are special unsafe places, which aren't recommended to visit?
      Thank you in advance, regards, Elena

7 Answers Jan 26, 2012 at 12:35 AM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Memory Lane Trip

by jonathanbarker Online Now Oct 28, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Dear VT'ers, I last visited Perugia in 1980, when I visited the Massinis, I would like to return this year, as I'm staying in Florence (Firenze).

This time I travel with a friend and I would like to show her the sights, I remember the aqueduct, St Pietro's Church, the main square, and I would like some advice about other sights to show, we like architecture, history, and a couple of hours walking tour would be a bonus.

Can anyone suggest a good itinery, and maybe some good places to enjoy coffee, lunch.

Grazie (many thanks)

Jonathan

1 Answer Oct 28, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    • moscit's Profile Photo

Perugia Accomodations

by moscit Online Now Aug 2, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Hi All,

We (family of 3 with a 18 month old) are planing a 2 night stop in Perugia and have started looking at hotels. We are arriving by car.

We've narrowed it down to these three, and were wondering if anyone had any feedback on any of them. Any experience or information would be appreciated.

* Primavera Mini Hotel
      * Hotel Fortuna
      * Hotel Bonazzi

Thanks

4 Answers Aug 4, 2011 at 6:39 PM
    • calvarez

by calvarez Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Is there bus transportation between Perugia and Milano? If so, where can I pick up it in Perugia), Ineed to travel June 5th, 2011

3 Answers Mar 26, 2011 at 1:08 AM
    • Bus from Perugia to Venice

by julieparker Online Now Oct 6, 2010 at 7:55 AM

Is there a bus from Venice to Perugia? Train looks complicated!

4 Answers Oct 6, 2010 at 10:26 AM
    • Sublet for short term

by laurachiesa Online Now Jul 14, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Hi I am looking for a cheap sublet in Perugia near the Universita' per stranieri for this month of July, 2 weeks from 18 to 31 (more or less). I am an Italian teacher 33 yrs old non-smoker, coming for a teachers course. My boyfriend may join me so the ideal would be a single room for two or a studio apartment. Anyone? We also would like to exchange our flat in Tel Aviv for the same period!

Grazie
      Laura

4 Answers Jul 12, 2011 at 7:43 AM
    • coconutwireless's Profile Photo

Wi Fi Hot Spots

by coconutwireless Online Now Jan 15, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Just bought an IPod Touch and thought I might be able to use it in Italy while traveling. Anyone had experience with using Wi Fi Hot Spots (free) in Perugia?

traveling with Aloha
      the coconut wireless

• Glen30's Profile Photo

Trains from Rome Termini to Perugia or Assisi

by Glen30 Online Now Sep 5, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Hello,

I have read a few articles that you need to change trains at Foligno on the way to either Assisi or Perugia. However, having checked the schedules on treinitalia.com, it seems there are direct trains from Rome to these 2 cities without transferring. Is that true?

For instance:
      orario.trenitalia.com/b2c/np...

If I were to take the train departing Rome termini at 11.57am, I don't need to transfer elsewhere?

Can someone let me know what fare 39/AS means? I don't really understand. Is this the fare to go with if I were to buy a ticket online?

Cheers
      Glen

3 Answers Sep 5, 2009 at 10:57 PM
    • ivan.chaer's Profile Photo

Best place to buy clothes

by ivan.chaer Online Now Jun 25, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Hi! I'm from Brazil. Next month, I'll be arriving in Florence, from where I'll catch a train to Perugia. I'll be studying italian for a couple of months there.

My question is which is the best place to buy clothes: Perugia, Florence, or some other neighbor place?

Tks!

3 Answers Jan 24, 2010 at 4:52 PM
    • Perugia in October or November?

by camerabuggy1 Online Now Jul 27, 2008 at 9:27 AM

My wife and I are planning a trip to Perugia for two weeks either in October or November. I have commitments in October that I could cancel but that would be inconvenient. But, am concerned that if I go in November it would be too cold for walking about the city comfortably and I'd miss the fall colors in the countryside. Would appreciate hearing about what the climate and atmosphere in town is like from people who've been there during October and November.

Martin

6 Answers Jul 28, 2008 at 9:50 PM
    • benaddey's Profile Photo

I'm pleased to show students around town

by benaddey Online Now Jun 18, 2008 at 12:32 PM

I study (nursing) in Perugia, am half english and half italian (so speak english and italian). I grew up close to Perugia in the country near a town called Gubbio. I'm pleased to show students around town when they arrive here(for free) because I enjoy meeting new people!

So any of you out there can write to me at benaddey@yahoo.it and I'll introduce you to Perugia!

• January 2008 in Perugia - Is it sleepy? Accommodation?

by dperojev Online Now Oct 23, 2007 at 12:11 PM

Hi All,

I might get January 2008 off work and visit Perugia. The purpose would of course be to learn Italian language but also to have some fun.

So, here are my questions:

1) how is January in Perugia - is there any life? any students? anything going on or is it a bit sleepy?

2) should i come with my car? is there a problem finding parking?

3) how much would one month rent of a studio apartment in Perugia be?

Thank you!!!
      Darko

2 Answers Mar 20, 2008 at 11:42 PM
    • Primavera mini hotel perugia

by nd2ski Online Now Sep 18, 2007 at 5:57 AM

Has anyone had experience with this hotel? Can't find info on tripadviser, which I find rather odd. Thanks, Eva

1 Answer Sep 18, 2007 at 12:26 PM
    • BellaItalia088's Profile Photo

Studying at the Università Per Stranieri di Perugia from Fall 2007 ?

by BellaItalia088 Online Now Aug 19, 2007 at 5:46 PM

Ciao a Tutti!!
      I am planning on beginning an Italian language course which will begin November 2, 2007 at the Università Per Stranieri di Perugia and was wondering if there was anyone out there planning on attending around the same time :-) Thanks for reading this! Hope to speak to some of you soon!!

-Emi

3 Answers Nov 11, 2007 at 3:10 PM
    • Best things to do around and in Perugia

by loumettler Online Now Jun 3, 2007 at 7:21 PM

Two couples traveling to Italy in July. Our first stay is in Perugia for 4 nights. We want to plan some day trips and would like to spend at least a 1/2 day at a wine vineyard tour. Also want to visit Assissi. Any recommendations? Best way to travel there?

3 Answers Aug 5, 2010 at 12:52 AM
    • Universita` per gli stranieri

by Arpine Online Now Apr 25, 2007 at 3:37 AM

Hi everyone. I'm Arpi,f, 24 years old, from Armenia, going to perugia for 2 months July/Aug,. I have 2 months' borsa there, and I would like to fidn an apartmrnt in the city centre, will be glad to share with other girls who are funny helpfull and looking forward to having great time in Perugia, preferably, from italy , Spain, Portugal, Brazil

pls write me if u have any ideas, or if already found something but need to share to reduce the price, plz feel free to write me or call me

mail: in_vano@yahoo.it, tell, 00 374 9 1 46 65 17

• Perugia Apartment?

by r0bert0 Online Now Apr 20, 2007 at 11:46 PM

Hello all!

I will be moving to Perugia in September/October for a period of 12-18 months, and was wondering if anyone knew of any contacts for an apartment in the city center?

Looking for something quite nice, willing to pay a bit extra for the creature comforts.

If anyone has any suggestions/recommendations it would be greatly appreciate!

A presto!

Roberto.

1 Answer Aug 19, 2007 at 5:33 PM
    • Supermarket open on a Saturday afternoon in Perugia??

by diddles2000 Online Now Apr 7, 2007 at 12:17 AM

We have rented a house in S.Enea which is about 15km from Perugia. On our way there we want to call into a supermarket and stock up on provisions for the first few days. Are supermarkets open on a Saturday afternoon? Knowing Italy and its erratic opening hours I'm worried we might get stuck without food for a couple of days!! All help appreciated. Thanks.

6 Answers Apr 7, 2007 at 10:22 PM
    • langfordj's Profile Photo

Accommodation and Inexpensive

by langfordj Online Now Dec 24, 2006 at 2:23 AM

My wife and I will be staying in Perugia from May 12 and leaving May 16 for Ancona. We are looking for inexpensive accommodation for the four nights and a few inexpensive places to eat. We are retired Canadians and would appreciate any information.
      Can anyone help?
      Thanks
      John

2 Answers Dec 24, 2006 at 10:12 AM
    • juzz's Profile Photo

parking near the centre

by juzz Online Now Nov 26, 2006 at 7:12 AM

Hi everybody.
      Does anybody knows which are the parking cloesest to the centre? Are there free parkings? how expensive are the other? is there a one day long ticket for parking near the centre?

Thank,
      Sergio

5 Answers Apr 29, 2008 at 2:54 PM
    • Looking for accomodation

by sarnai Online Now Nov 20, 2006 at 9:08 PM

Dear all,

I am a student from Mongolia. I and 2 of my friends are arriving in Perugia at the University for foreigners from January to the end of March 2007. We are looking for a cheap accomodation. We are three of us (2 male and 1 female). If anyone can help us with finding a place to live for 3 months it will be very helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Och

3 Answers Dec 11, 2006 at 6:25 PM
    • Age groups at Universita per Stranieri

by rthaniss Online Now Sep 8, 2006 at 11:43 PM

Hi - am thinking about doing the 3 month course next year. I get the impression that students are mostly early 20's. I'm 37 and have a lot of friends in their mid to late 20's but was wondering if anyone can tell me if I am likely to be the oldest person there.....hey, if Martin Sheen can do a BA at Dublin Uni at his age, I should be fine, right?

7 Answers Sep 22, 2007 at 12:17 PM