Peru

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tranvia and tourist tickets

Cusco May 3, 2015 at 9:28 AM

I've reading reviews on Cusco, often mentioned "make sure you being your tourist ticket" when visiting places like SV, Ollan, churches/cathedral, etc; a while back when I begin to consider going to MP, I read reviews and recommendation fr VT forum and remember to come upon tranvia and tickets to purchase in Cusco; now I can't find topic on tranvia and ticket to buy so I can learn more. We are going in August. Any lead please

more
    • Nestor Sanchez

Cusco Apr 9, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Is Nestor Sanchez art, displayed at Regional History Museum, accessible online?

more
    • Is one day enough

Machu Picchu May 2, 2015 at 4:27 AM

Is one day enough to visit Machu Picchu or would two days be ideal.

more
    • First time backpacking

Peru Apr 21, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Hey guys, so I wanted to travel to Peru this summer alone.

I'm planning on going for 2-3 weeks, but have no idea what to do during this time. I definitely want to visit Machu Pichu, but don't know what else to visit. Are there any pre-made itenaries that detail a 2-3 week stay?

more
    • Is there anything wild in Peru?

Peru Apr 17, 2015 at 9:40 AM

My girlfriend is going to Peru with her wild girlfriends is there a big party or bar scene? Heavy drinking, Nudity, drugs or anything to be concerned about? No relationship advice please, just want to know how concerned I should be. Thank you

more
    • alexasanford's Profile Photo

Best time to travel to Peru?

Peru Apr 6, 2015 at 2:29 PM

I am planning on travelling to Peru in September for a month with a friend. We were hoping to avoid rain and crowds if possible. Is September a good time to visit or do you suggest another time?

more
    • Better to use soles or dollars

Peru May 1, 2015 at 8:44 AM

go to peru first time and want to know is it better to use soles or to use dollars?

more
    • places to see

Cusco Apr 30, 2015 at 1:31 PM

we'll be in Cusco, Peru for 3 days in August; we plan (hoping) to do tours by ourselves (2); need help on places togo/see and how much to hire a taxi/guide and where (in forum, mbrs said people in where one stays usually is a good source) and how much (ball park) a day? any help will be appreciated. also coming in early (6 AM), is it safe to get a taxi fr airport to hotel (it is said, if p/u is arranged by hotel, more expensive) and how much? Thank you.

more
    • Aafia's Profile Photo

Beach accommodations south of Lima

Peru Apr 7, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Any suggestions on good beach/close to beach accommodations in south of Lima for 3 days for early May? Our preference is hotel near good eating establishments. Thank you.

more
    • museum inside MP

Machu Picchu Apr 25, 2015 at 10:03 AM

How far is the museum inside MP from the gate where people go in to MP?

more
    • safe and cheap transport from and to airport for a one day tour of Lima

Peru Apr 25, 2015 at 11:16 AM

have 23 hrs lay over in Lima, Peru; coming early and might be out of custom by 8 AM, we want to see some places like the larco museum, take the turibus, Miraflores and water fountains, what is the cheap and safe transport to go to those places. Checked online a recommended taxi, w/c charge $20 to go larco museum fr airport...fair charge? Any help fr mbrs is appreciated.

more
    • tranvia and tourist tickets

Cusco May 3, 2015 at 9:28 AM

I've reading reviews on Cusco, often mentioned "make sure you being your tourist ticket" when visiting places like SV, Ollan, churches/cathedral, etc; a while back when I begin to consider going to MP, I read reviews and recommendation fr VT forum and remember to come upon tranvia and tickets to purchase in Cusco; now I can't find topic on tranvia and ticket to buy so I can learn more. We are going in August. Any lead please

2 Answers May 3, 2015 at 2:19 PM
    • Is one day enough

Machu Picchu May 2, 2015 at 4:27 AM

Is one day enough to visit Machu Picchu or would two days be ideal.

4 Answers May 2, 2015 at 3:32 PM
    • Better to use soles or dollars

Peru May 1, 2015 at 8:44 AM

go to peru first time and want to know is it better to use soles or to use dollars?

6 Answers May 2, 2015 at 11:38 AM
    • places to see

Cusco Apr 30, 2015 at 1:31 PM

we'll be in Cusco, Peru for 3 days in August; we plan (hoping) to do tours by ourselves (2); need help on places togo/see and how much to hire a taxi/guide and where (in forum, mbrs said people in where one stays usually is a good source) and how much (ball park) a day? any help will be appreciated. also coming in early (6 AM), is it safe to get a taxi fr airport to hotel (it is said, if p/u is arranged by hotel, more expensive) and how much? Thank you.

9 Answers May 3, 2015 at 12:14 AM
    • safe and cheap transport from and to airport for a one day tour of Lima

Peru Apr 25, 2015 at 11:16 AM

have 23 hrs lay over in Lima, Peru; coming early and might be out of custom by 8 AM, we want to see some places like the larco museum, take the turibus, Miraflores and water fountains, what is the cheap and safe transport to go to those places. Checked online a recommended taxi, w/c charge $20 to go larco museum fr airport...fair charge? Any help fr mbrs is appreciated.

14 Answers Apr 30, 2015 at 8:04 AM
    • museum inside MP

Machu Picchu Apr 25, 2015 at 10:03 AM

How far is the museum inside MP from the gate where people go in to MP?

9 Answers May 1, 2015 at 4:15 AM
    • First time backpacking

Peru Apr 21, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Hey guys, so I wanted to travel to Peru this summer alone.

I'm planning on going for 2-3 weeks, but have no idea what to do during this time. I definitely want to visit Machu Pichu, but don't know what else to visit. Are there any pre-made itenaries that detail a 2-3 week stay?

5 Answers Apr 23, 2015 at 5:37 AM
    • Is there anything wild in Peru?

Peru Apr 17, 2015 at 9:40 AM

My girlfriend is going to Peru with her wild girlfriends is there a big party or bar scene? Heavy drinking, Nudity, drugs or anything to be concerned about? No relationship advice please, just want to know how concerned I should be. Thank you

5 Answers Apr 17, 2015 at 3:00 PM
    • Nestor Sanchez

Cusco Apr 9, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Is Nestor Sanchez art, displayed at Regional History Museum, accessible online?

1 Answer Apr 10, 2015 at 7:54 AM
    • Aafia's Profile Photo

Beach accommodations south of Lima

Peru Apr 7, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Any suggestions on good beach/close to beach accommodations in south of Lima for 3 days for early May? Our preference is hotel near good eating establishments. Thank you.

8 Answers Apr 10, 2015 at 5:07 AM
    • alexasanford's Profile Photo

Best time to travel to Peru?

Peru Apr 6, 2015 at 2:29 PM

I am planning on travelling to Peru in September for a month with a friend. We were hoping to avoid rain and crowds if possible. Is September a good time to visit or do you suggest another time?

5 Answers Apr 16, 2015 at 5:59 PM
    • water and taxi/private w/ car daily fee

Cuzco Mar 29, 2015 at 8:38 AM

is tap water in Cuzco and nearby areas safe to drink? Pls give me ball park amount/fee for hiring private/taxi on a daily basis, cuzco and nearby areas.

7 Answers Mar 29, 2015 at 1:15 PM
    • affordable person/taxi

Cusco Mar 27, 2015 at 11:55 AM

we will be in Cuzco for 4 days in August 2015; we are in late 70s and on a budget; will appreciate if any member can recommend someone w/ car who can drive us around SV and help us buys tickets for site entrance, train and MV.

3 Answers Apr 12, 2015 at 9:49 PM
    • local long-distance bus runs normal during Easter (April 2-5)?

Peru Mar 21, 2015 at 10:49 AM

Hi everyone!

I plan to take a local long-distance bus from Tacna to Lima on April 3rd.

Then, I thought, "Oh, it's an Easter holiday." and wonder if the buses run as per normal.

Could anyone please shed some light on this please?

Thanks,

1 Answer Mar 22, 2015 at 1:08 AM
    • Flight costs to and from Iquitos

Peru Mar 14, 2015 at 8:05 AM

I am planing to go to Iquitos from the middle of April - mid August. How much do flights generally cost in Lima to Iquitos?

The flight cost on the LAN website is like 180 with taxes and fees each way Lima-Iquitos. But when I compare flights to Lima or Iquitos from the states, its much cheaper to book it directly to Iquitos as a package.

The problem is that I might want to go to Machu Pichu as well. Is it better to try and travel from the states to Iquitos and back , and try to get from Iquitos to Cusco, once I'm there? Or get from the States to LIma, and book individual flights to Iquitos, or wherever I want to go from there?

EDIT:  Ok, i just looked at that website of available trecks on the Inca trail, and it looks like i'm completely out of luck for that.

But the questions still remains about flying directly to Iquitos or to Lima.  As I might want to stay and look around Lima for a few days.

Thanks.

3 Answers Mar 14, 2015 at 4:58 PM
    • robbye77's Profile Photo

Inca trail

Peru Mar 12, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Hi everyone! I'm planning my trip to Peru for October 2015 and I have few questions about the 4 days Inca Trail.
      1. for which day should I buy the permit (I mean, should I for the starting day or for the day I'm planning to reach MP)?
      2. can I go by myself or anyway without tour operators or guides or so?
      3. planning to camp during the trip, should I bring food and water for the whole trek?

Thanks!
      Roberto

5 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 9:12 AM
    • Where to book the Salkantay trek?

Cusco Mar 9, 2015 at 9:18 AM

Hi guys,

Because the Inca trail is pretty much full until August, I would like to do the Salkantay trek. Does anyone know a good place where I can book this? I prefer a safe qualified agency because I know many agencies aren't qualified for tours like this.

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Mar 18, 2015 at 12:16 PM
    • Spanish school Amauta has moved to a different building?

Cusco Mar 5, 2015 at 1:42 PM

Hi guys! I am planning to travel around in Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador for the next 4 months. I would like to start my journey in Cusco to learn some Spanish at Amauta. I’ve heard that the address has changed, possibly to Jose Carlos Mariátegui K-4 (Sta Mónica) Does anyone know about this? And supposedly there is agency in the same building?

1 Answer Mar 5, 2015 at 2:37 PM
    • Best way to organise day trip to MP?

Machu Picchu Mar 5, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Planning on staying in cusco for 3 nights and want to do the day trip to MP. Seen online that its advisable to buy tickets prior to arrival, however just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of wheres best to purchase from? Ive looked online but its difficult to gage which websites are legitimate. would like to do MP and hyuana too, so can anyone advise a package deal or how best to go about organising this. Also any experiences of inca or peru rail and which one to book with? Many thanks, Rachel

5 Answers May 2, 2015 at 7:42 AM
    • Waterproof shoes or not for hiking and jungling in Peru?

Peru Mar 2, 2015 at 11:20 PM

Hello everybody!

I have this question: Should one go for a waterproof shoe for trekking in Peru (both in the mountains and the jungle) or is it a better idea to go for shoes that are not waterproof but breathable shoes and thus dry out more quickly? Anyone with experience? I hear some people saying that waterproof isn't worth it but still, don't wanna get wet every time the showers of rain come!

Thankful for answers :)!

10 Answers Mar 4, 2015 at 6:53 AM
    • ramblercarol's Profile Photo

shoes to pack/wear

Machu Picchu Feb 25, 2015 at 8:54 AM

I am travelling round Peru inc walking the last part of the trek up to Machu Picchu so wondering what footwear is best. I am then moving to a small boat for a trip round the Galapagos and again wondering about footwear. I will be using a rucksack. Would full walking boots be best or lighter walking shoes or walking sandals.
      re boat would it be wise to take canvas shoes which can get wet then walk round the various islands.

8 Answers Mar 5, 2015 at 6:27 PM
    • Bringing main backpack or daypack on treks in Peru?

Peru Feb 20, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm going to Peru in April and am wondering if it is necessary to bring a smaller backpack to have on treks or if it works fine with the main backpack (it will be 60 l) ?

Anyone with experience? :)

Thank you!

6 Answers Mar 5, 2015 at 8:15 PM
    • Jacket for Peru Andes in May

Peru Feb 18, 2015 at 5:15 PM

Hello everyone! Glad to have found this forum!

I'm going to Peru in April and will under 3 months be traveling from Lima down to Arequipa and Cusco and then Into the jungle in north. I guess I won't have much use of a wind jacket on the coast or jungle but in the mountains on the other hand?

I have checked out these two wind jackets to wear as a top-layer:

1) catalog.bergans.com/clothing...

2) catalog.bergans.com/clothing...

I have tried them both out for a good price at two different stores but can't decide which is the right one. The first one is really thin and light (like a running jacket almost) but is apparently windproof. This one would be good for it's small packed size and weight. But I'm not sure if it will be enough. The second one is a bit thicker and more robust and also has more functions like ventilation-zips under the arms.

My dilemma is this: I don't want to bring a jacket that feels to overkill and just takes up place in my backpack but I still don't want to end up with a jacket that is really lightweight and compact but can't do the job. Which one do you think is the right choice?

Thanks a lot! smiley

1 Answer Feb 19, 2015 at 3:44 PM
    • worth visiting in march 2015?

Machu Picchu Feb 17, 2015 at 5:12 PM

Hi all,
      Planning on visiting cusco and doing the day trip to MP next month, however I have noted that the weather is likely to be wet. Has anyone had experience of MP in this weather? I am anxious of spending the money to go to see the amazing MP but being disappointed by poor visibility and being unable to take good photographs for the memory.
      Thank you in advance

4 Answers Feb 18, 2015 at 7:33 AM
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

Tickets to enter mp

Machu Picchu Feb 16, 2015 at 6:23 AM

Investigating possible trip to mp in July and read it's advisable to buy your tickets to get into mp a day or so prior--we would be in Cuzco and I saw a reference to the ticket office. I was then looking at pix of mp in general and saw a reference that you must have a guide inside the grounds. So, question, is there a chance the tickets to mp could sell out? Do I need a guide to go in with us? We aren't wanting to do a trek, just enter mp. Thanks!

7 Answers May 2, 2015 at 7:46 AM
    • fergie27Solo's Profile Photo
    • davhu1's Profile Photo

Inti Raymi Festival - Cusco, Peru

Cusco Jan 23, 2015 at 7:35 AM

How you I get ticket to the event?
      To buy ticket from the organizer site, one have to register. After that they sent me a link. I followed the link and after selecting the seating section, it takes me back to the registration page. Emailed the organizer and no response.
      Online forums suggested getting it from a local travel agency. Any reliable ones anyone can post a link?

thnkas

3 Answers Feb 7, 2015 at 7:04 PM
    • Indus travels

Peru Jan 21, 2015 at 7:33 PM

any member had used indus travels? feedback pls,

1 Answer Jan 21, 2015 at 9:59 PM
    • jvictor28's Profile Photo

Hiking in Rainy Season

Arequipa Jan 21, 2015 at 12:35 PM

Hello,

I will be going to Arequipa for 2 days at the end of January. I would love to do a day-trip hike to somewhere in the area, but I am worried about the rainy season weather. Can anyone tell me what I can expect and if it's going to be possible?

Also I wasn't planning on a visit to the Canyon (as it seems so far!)-- are there other hikes closeby that would be enjoyable instead? Or is the trip out there worth it?

Thanks for the input!!

• need information to travel

Arequipa Jan 19, 2015 at 12:37 AM

Im thinking about.going to arequipa in june with about.4000 dollars and i know it converts over right.now to about 12000 would this be a.good.idea and also is arequipa expensive?

11 Answers Jan 24, 2015 at 11:20 AM