Peru Travel Answers

change location

money

by KansasChris Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Hello,

Is it necessary to get some Peruvian money in the United States before I arrive in Peru? If so, where do I get it in the United States?

Thanks.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

Re: money

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM

u can easily change your USD in Peru. There is a money changer at Lima airport. Also ATms are easily available even in remote towns. Note that money changers in Peru only accept crisp USD notes, i.e., no tear, no pen markings, or crumpled notes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 8:26 PM

No, i would not bother bringing Peruvian money with you as there are money changers at the airport in Lima, and ATM machines if you want to do it that way.

• Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Don't bother changing at home. Not only can you easily pick up Soles at the airport (ATM or cash exchange) plus get Soles in every town, city or village, but the rate is sooooooooo much better than what you'll get at home.

• wabat's Profile Photo

by wabat Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM

You will get a much better rate by changing in Peru or withdrawing from ATM's there. .

• Re: money

by marcosalas07 Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 8:17 AM

if you want to get more soles for your dollars i recommend you change it in other place but no inthe airport , beacause they pay not too much for dollars , also with other kind of money . Go to another place , you can do this change in the airport like 30 or 40 dollars and then go to the downtown and change all your money over there , near to Plaza san martin . good luck

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Peru Travel Answer Locations