Peru Travel Answers

change location

Tour Company-Peru Best Tours

by eycl Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I need info on the tour company before deciding whether to go with them or not. Are they a legitimate company? Has anyone on travel with them,

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Tour Company-Peru Best Tours

by Odinnthor Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Hi there and welcome to VT........d:o)

Peru Best is a well known operator out of Lima. Thjey have been around for some time now and I mostly hear good things about them.

To be clear I have not used them, but I am/was a tour director for decades so I know and know of tour operators around the globe. I did have a look at their website to see if I missed anything.

I know they were having some money transfer problems, but I believe it was simply a late tech problem. One thing I don't like is that their "About Us" page, is just a promotional spiel. It is supposed to tell you how they started, how long ago, any legit affilliations with tour operator associations, and any awards earned. None of that is on their About Us page. That is usually a huge red flag. However I have heard of the company, and what I have heard is fairly good.

For further review, here is the TripAdvisor report/reviews of the company. Virtual Tourist is a subsidiary of Trip Advisor.

tripadvisor.com/SearchForums...">tripadvisor.com/SearchForums...

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • risse73's Profile Photo

by risse73 Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I have not used this company before and I have not heard of them. Your best bet is to shop around when you arrive in Peru.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 7:53 PM

there must be hundreds of tour companies out there n very likely many of us have not heard of some of them. But that does not mean they are not legit. Do they respond well to your queries?

• Re: Tour Company-Peru Best Tours

by eycl Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Thank you for all the input. They do respond very well, so I am feeling more comfortable with them.

• mari_s's Profile Photo

by mari_s Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I have traveled with them. If you want my opinion, you can contact me if you like. I won't post my opinion publicly. Peru was lovely.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Peru Travel Answer Locations