Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• alyssakoi's Profile Photo

Recommendation intinerary in Perth

by alyssakoi Online Now Jun 16, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Hi,

Am planning a 6 days honeymoon trip in Perth this coming October. Would like to get some advice from all for my itinerary below.

1. Day 1: Reach Perth airport on the Saturday at 3pm. Plan to get taxi and straight down to Fremantle. 2. Day 2: Visit Sunday market in Fremantle. Any other activities to suggest? 3. Day 3: Will get a car and travel to Pinnacles and for sand boarding. Then to city of Perth. 4. Day 4: Perth Zoo
      5. Day 5: Swan Valley
      6. Day 6: Kings Park. Will take 4.25pm flight back to Kuala Lumpur.

Would appreciate your advice on the itinerary and also the transportation options for us to travel from the city to Perth Zoo, Swan Valley & Kings Park.

Thanks a lot!

Alyssa

more
    • alyssakoi's Profile Photo

Recommendation intinerary in Perth

by alyssakoi Online Now Jun 16, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Hi,

Am planning a 6 days honeymoon trip in Perth this coming October. Would like to get some advice from all for my itinerary below.

1. Day 1: Reach Perth airport on the Saturday at 3pm. Plan to get taxi and straight down to Fremantle. 2. Day 2: Visit Sunday market in Fremantle. Any other activities to suggest? 3. Day 3: Will get a car and travel to Pinnacles and for sand boarding. Then to city of Perth. 4. Day 4: Perth Zoo
      5. Day 5: Swan Valley
      6. Day 6: Kings Park. Will take 4.25pm flight back to Kuala Lumpur.

Would appreciate your advice on the itinerary and also the transportation options for us to travel from the city to Perth Zoo, Swan Valley & Kings Park.

Thanks a lot!

Alyssa

6 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 4:20 AM
    • Recommendation for Farmstay/B&B in swan valley

by Josselynlyn Online Now Jun 7, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Hi,
      We are planning to perth in 2 weeks time. L
      Do you have good nice recommendation of farm stay or bed & breakfast in swan valley.
      The popular settlers, kellers B&B etc are all full.
      Like to plan & have a nice cosy 3 nights(Friday to Monday)stay with farm fill activities for my 3 young children (3,5&7 years old) I am also interested in vine & food
      Any recommendation is welcome :)

• What to do

by Caddie9 Online Now May 24, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Hi will be in perth next feb have been before and went to Hilary's and cotesloebeach looking for other places to go will be there for 4 days don't mind driving distances. Have looked at mandurah. Is that worth going to. And Is there other places we could go to like sight seeing driving and shopping in small towns. Thanks. Coming from scotland

8 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 1:42 AM
    • markeronie's Profile Photo

First time in Perth and travelling solo

by markeronie Online Now May 9, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Hi people! Im a guy, early 20s. staying in Perth for about a week. I'll be living at my aunt's place but she'll be busy most of the time so i'd be out on my own most of the time. I'm a little lost at what i can do. any suggestions? What to do, what NOT to do?

7 Answers May 24, 2014 at 9:34 PM
    • what is there to see and do with kids in Helena valley?

by kirkmeister Online Now May 5, 2014 at 6:03 AM

hi taking a trip out from the city and wondering what there is to do with kids in or near Helena valley??
      Doesn't have to be anything special
      thanks

• What places do you recommend taking tourist in Winter my family are coming over in July.

by robertjpage87 Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 9:47 PM

What places do you recommend taking tourist in Winter my family are coming over in
      July.

2 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 2:31 PM
    • petert51's Profile Photo

Places to see in Perth & Fremantle

by petert51 Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Hi,
      We will be in Perth, without a car on Sunday and Monday late in March. Needing advice on what to do and see there before we head off to the South West.

8 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 2:31 PM
    • Sea Cucumber & Abalone

by doshshirl123 Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 4:56 AM

Where can I buy large sea cucumbers (wet & dried) & Abalone in Perth?

2 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 8:02 PM
    • akio87's Profile Photo

What to do on August 2014 in Perth

by akio87 Online Now Feb 13, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Hi, my family are coming on this August for visit and located near to Victoria Park. Can anyone tell me what can we do on August. Can we crap fishing on winter? People said winter can't ho fishing and no crap.
      Any events in August? My family members have two elderly and kids.

Thanks smiley

1 Answer Feb 14, 2014 at 2:35 AM
    • pepemorris11's Profile Photo

How to get to the cruise centre in Fremantle from Perth city or Perth International airport?

by pepemorris11 Online Now Jan 25, 2014 at 3:36 AM

I am considering taking a cruise from Perth back to Singapore on the Voyager of the seas, Royal Caribbean. From what I understand, the cruise centre is based at Fremantle. Although there are the 2 of us, we travel really light with only 1 24" bag weighing about 15kg at most. As such, I am wondering how to get to the cruise centre by public transport. anybody done that before? appreciate any kind of help. thanks a lot

8 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 2:49 AM
    • Travelling alone to Perth

by Chelsea13 Online Now Dec 20, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Hi Guys,
      Was wondering could you offer me some advice...
      I'm an Irish girl (Early Thirties) travelling from Ireland, arriving in Perth on 5th of January, staying for 14 nights. I used to live In Perth a few years back so said I'd come back and visit. I'm pretty much going to be on my own for the duration of my stay... I know a couple of people that I used to work with are still based in Perth but it's looking like they will be busy most days between work and everything. I'm planning on staying in a hotel around the CBD area. Just wondering have you any advice for a lady alone in Perth? Things to do during the day? Things to do at night? Things NOT to do also! Will it be safe at night time? It's been a while so I don't know what Perth is like crime wise etc.! I won't be hiring a car so it will be public transport all the way.
      Any tips for a lady on their own basically : )

7 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 2:31 PM
    • Driving from Perth to Broome with a campervan

by fendleroc Online Now Dec 3, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Hello

I plan to drive from Perth to Broome and visit several spots: Pinnacle desert, Kalbarri NP, Monkey Mia and Shark Bay, Exmouth and coral bay, Karijini NP up to Broome where we plan to visit Cape leveque and Bungle Bungles on a guided tour

Just Wonder if that is possible with a campervan cause I'm not an expert in 4WD driving. I did mereenie loop road in 2011 but that was not difficult at all

Best regards
      Louis

3 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 11:22 PM
    • First time heading to Perth (holiday + school recce) - where is the most convenient area to stay?

by Gina_L Online Now Dec 1, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Hi, I'll be heading to Perth at end of Dec for about 6-7 days. It'll be my first time there with my mum and I plan to recce UWA as well since I will most likely study there next year. UWA seems a drive away from the Perth CBD and from all the hotels I checked out save for Captain Stirling. I will probably only spend one day to visit UWA so is it more convenient to stay nearer Perth CBD area or in Nedlands/Crawley area? Will the area near UWA be more sleepy since its Summer hols? I saw a few affordable hotels like Sullivan's and Good earth and also saw some available self contained apartments around the Rosalie area and shenton park area. They are all a drive away from UWA but if they are more convenient in other ways then its probably a trade-off that is worth it. Which of these locations would be most convenient for shopping, eating and touring perth (getting to various attractions)? I think the airport connect bus drops in front of the doorstep for Sullivan's and Good earth and both include breakfast. I read somewhere that the Shenton park area is quite happening. Also there are shopping streets on Murray street, Hay street and Kings street? I would prefer to stay in a hotel/apartment where there would be delis or restaurants a short walk away so that finding lunch and dinner would be easy. Preferably with a grocery store nearby (coles or woolworths?) and shopping nearby would be great! I thought that for a first-timer, maybe having breakfast provided and having a convenient start and end point for ground tours would be easier because I'm not sure how convenient it is to find eateries in Perth and not sure how to use Transperth either.
      But I've been checking out the ground tours and they are pretty expensive! Maybe because we are there during super peak period. Any suggestions on how to get to visit the attractions in perth at a more affordable price? and which attractions are better? Since we only have a few days, have to really narrow down the attractions we want to visit. I think we would prefer those food tasting journeys (chocolate factory, farm trip, nougat factory etc.) to the sightseeing ones although we wouldn't mind both! =D Is Rottnest island mostly for water sports?

Also, is there any fun place to be on New Year's Eve? It'll be my first time counting down to the new year outside Singapore.

Regarding safety, anything to watch out for? since its just us 2 ladies.

Any help will be very much appreciated!! Thanks in advance!=)

8 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 6:08 PM
    • Meditation in Perth

by kirkmeister Online Now Nov 15, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Hi everyone, At home I go to a western Buddhist centre and meditate and do yoga. Can anyone tell me of any good meditation sessions in Perth? I have had a little look at Buddhist Centre Websites but wondered what peoples experience of them was? Also interested in Non-Buddhist meditation groups/sessions. I have had a look on meet up but there are no dates set while I am in perth for any such meet ups. Would really appreciate your help have a good day,k

3 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 4:43 PM
    • YOGA in perth

by kirkmeister Online Now Nov 15, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Hi all where would you recommend where I could do hatha or Iyengar yoga ( ie not jumping around yoga) that you would recommend? I am leaving for perth tomorrow and ideally interested in plaes which can be travelled easily to from Sorretto or city rivers hotel.cheers and have a good day

1 Answer Nov 19, 2013 at 4:47 AM
    • Where to stay holiday and relocation reccie in 2 weeks time to Perth

by kirkmeister Online Now Oct 31, 2013 at 3:29 PM

HI all
      My husband, 4 year old and I are coming to perth on 16th nov for 2 weeks. We want to know where to stay for under $150. Our plan is to consider emigrating. Where would be a good place to get to know perth with a view to relocating?
      W also want to make it a beach and tourist holiday.
      Considerations are; cooling off and play space/park for daughter and easy public transport access and of course a way to the beach!!
      any help really appreciated
      cheers guys

7 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 2:31 PM
    • 2 weeks iin perth with kid just turned 4 - never been to aus - what to do?

by kirkmeister Online Now Oct 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM

hi we will be travelling to Perth in a week or 2. we will only be there for 2 weeks
      We are visiting as my husband is considering jobs there. We've never even been
      to aus before!!
      Keen to have time to have a holiday but also get a real sense of what it might be
      like to live in Perth (husband would work in CBD) Want my little girl to have fun

- loves the beach and other kids ! But we also need tips on suburbs to visit and consider

living in. A lot to pack into 2 weeks. Help
      all advice welcomed.

3 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 2:31 PM
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

Will You be in Perth Sunday 3rd November?

by aussirose Online Now Oct 26, 2013 at 7:23 PM

If so, then we have a meet planned for dragontml from Kuala Lumpur. Check it out here on the vt Meetings Board and sign up if you would like join us - members.virtualtourist.com/m...

• JeslynTee's Profile Photo

Visit to Perth

by JeslynTee Online Now Oct 19, 2013 at 6:50 AM

I planned to bring my two daughters to Perth this coming school holiday to visit Perth. It is our first time going there from Singapore. We planned to stayed there for 3 days. Is there any public transportation to city to and from the airport? And will the weather be too cold that it is a must to bring thick jackets?
      Thanks in advance

• Travel advice needed

by Queenofbees Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Dear forumers
      Will be grateful for some help here. The itinerary we have planed is this, (end oct):
      Freo
      Swan valley
      Hotham steam train
      Bluehills farm
      Boshack farm
      Penguin island
      Dolphin discovery centre
      Peel zoo?
      Kings park

Question,
      should we visit Freo during weekdays because it would be less crowded and everything will still be open? I prefer swan valley to be kept for weekends as some places are closed on weekdays. Is it right?
      What time latest should we be driving?

Now I am wondering if I should stay around Mandurah for one night so I could visit the peel zoo, or the mall, after enjoying the steam train, before heading to Bluehills in Harvey. Is it worth to make a stop in Mandurah?

I have a headache about the car, whilst I do not wish to drive in Freo, but I have to pick up car from Perth , so either I plan it with a night stay in Freo where I can rest the car, (then drive the next day straight to boshack), or , during my stay in Perth without a car , take train to and fro Freo. What would you do if you were me? I have a two small ones below age of 5 tagging along (hence so much farm and animal stuff).
      Last, my flights in and out are midnight (good for families and on budget), Any accomodation you might know of Which have comfortable lounges they don't mind us lying our boy down for his nap after check out on departure day?

Many thanks in advance,!!!!

16 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 4:00 AM
    • Fremantle and swan valley

by Queenofbees Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Hi
      Got a bit stuck cause not sure when is the best time to visit these favourite spots. Weekends or weekdays? I am wondering if I should visit Fremantle during weekday when it is quieter. And save swan valley for weekend when everything is sure to be open.

3 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 3:29 AM
    • Public transport apps

by travelinman24 Online Now Sep 23, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Hello, I'm traveling to Perth in October and was wondering if there are any apps available for iPhone that can help with public transport? Is public transport pretty easy to use, to get around?

Thanks!

4 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM
    • manta30's Profile Photo

Kid friendly vineyard around Swan or Avon River

by manta30 Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM

after our camping trip on 1 October 2013, i am Planning a 2 night stay at a vineyard around Swan or Avon River, any recommendation?

2 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 6:57 AM
    • possible emigration by brit family

by kirkmeister Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Hi
      My husband is applying for a post in Perth and we have never been to Australia, let alone visited perth!
      We have a 4 year old daughter so I am keen to know what Perth is like for kids that age. How we would connect with others at this age and when school starts and advice on schools.
      can anyone help?

8 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 6:25 AM
    • Any Advice :)

by kaykach Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I'm a 20 year old Canadian in Australia for the first time, staying for a year. I'd like to know of some local places to go to while I'm not working. I'm located around Safety Bay, south of Perth. If anyone could let me know of things to do during the day, places to party at night, or even a website that could help me find more people around my age. Anything would be appreciated. Thank you!!

• 2 Days Margaret River tour

by rachelpc Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Hi all, have some question and hope to get helps from yours.
      We will go to Perth on Nov time, 2 person. Would like to visit Margaret river area, jetty and light house. Saw many day tour' package online, bt we think that day tour is a bit rush and cant really enjoy the beauty of MR, so we prefer to stay one night there, but there are nt much choices online for 2 days tour. and all r quite expensive.
      1) any travel company you can recommend which have package for 2 days tour? (AUD600++ for each person is quite a big amt for us, so looking for those cheaper one)
      2) if, we go to busselton by coach and find hostel our own, then take cab to visit several places we like, will it be more cheaper? will it be more convenience?

any better suggestion for me?
      Big Thank you to all!

5 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM
    • Looking for a knowledgable travel agent in the South, East area of Perth Western Australia

by lizoffer Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Can anyone recommend a knowledgable travel agent in the South East area of Perth WA.

2 Answers Sep 5, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    • Homam's Profile Photo

Shipping House Furniture from Dubai

by Homam Online Now Aug 24, 2013 at 7:51 AM

I was reviewing the prices for home Furniture, washing machines and others in Perth and comparing it to those in the middle east.. the difference is huge in that buying from Dubai and ship it to Perth seems cost effective to me... for example washing machine in Doha or Dubai is about 700 QR / UAD which equals 200 USD
      can anyone help with this concept , does Australian government charge us for such shipment in a way that threat the whole process.
      regards.

7 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 4:23 AM
    • Homam's Profile Photo

Moving to Perth

by Homam Online Now Aug 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Hi all,
      I got my visa to Australia where am gonna move from Doha Qatar, I need to arrange accomodation for my family located in Egypt , we could manage to escape the war in Syria and its been 6 months without seeing them.
      I will move on Oct 1st and will appreciate any advice from locals or experts in relation to how to settle down quickly...
      Yhank u.

11 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 10:36 PM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Short trip to Perth 5d4n

by tracyskf Online Now Aug 21, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Hi i would like to ask for a suggested itenary for 5d4n before researching more details.
      Is it easy to get around without a car? Plan to stay near perth train station and use train or join day trips. Is this sensible?

Any particular highlights on weekends - as i might opt to travel weekdays if hotels are cheaper on weekdays.

Any travel tips / suggestion welcomed. Thanks! :)

3 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 9:34 PM