Perth Travel Answers

change location

Family holidays

by Ronaldho123 Online Now Oct 28, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Will be in Perth from 2 Dec 2011 till 8 Dec together with wife and 3 teenagers for holidays but we have yet to decide what to do.

We hope to stay in a farm for 2 nights so need advice on which farmstay is good and not too pricey.

Also need advice what where to stay economically as a family for the rest of the holidays plus what to see and do

Look forward to good advice

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Re: Family holidays

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Oct 28, 2011 at 9:27 AM

Hi
    Sorry to ask a very simple question but you do realise that this is absolute peak season in Australia, don't you? Middle of the long summer school holidays and thus peak demand (and thus prices) for accommodation?
    Regards
    Cathy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Family holidays

by AnneA748 Online Now Oct 29, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Although December is not as hot as January or February - it would NOT be my choice for a farm stay. The paddocks are not their most attractive as there would have been little rain fro a few monthsand the flies are in abundance. If I were spending a week in Western Australia with 3 teenagers I would go for broke and hire a beachcottage. Most of the coastal town caravan parks have selfcontained park cottages for about750 AUD a week in walking distance to or on the beach. As the previous respondant noted - it is nearing the very height of the season so everything is expensive.
    But a total no to farmstays in the heat, with a yellow dusty landscape and absolutely nothing for teenages to do. Farmstays are generally set up for kindergarden and primary school children anyway.

• Re: Family holidays

by Ronaldho123 Online Now Oct 29, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Thanks so much for your useful tips.

Travelling dates finally set from 26 Nov till 4 Dec.

Kids still prefer 1 or 2 days farmstay so would appreciate some recommendation.

As for the beach cottage accommodation, would appreciate some recommendations too.

Thanks in advance

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines