Perth Travel Answers

change location

Flights to Perth WA.

by aussieable Online Now Jul 2, 2011 at 5:46 AM

Can anyone inform me if it is cheaper to fly to Perth or Adelaide from Europe instead of the UK?Due to the high cost of taxes here in the UK,I am looking for cheaper ways to fly to Au.Hope someone can help me to stop me being taxed out of the sky|||| Thank You. Regards Ken

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • sirgaw's Profile Photo

Re: Flights to Perth WA.

by sirgaw Online Now Jul 2, 2011 at 6:10 AM

Would be cheaper into Perth as shorter distance from Europe, BUT if you are considering travelling to the east coast of Oz you will still have domestic airfares to add Perth to Sydney or Melbourne and the best price is aboutA210.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jul 2, 2011 at 6:17 AM

I'm not sure that flying from elsewhere in Europe will actually cost you any less once you have factored in getting from the UK to wherever you fly from on the mainland (and possibly an overnight stay as well, depending on flight times0.

However, I suggest you use www.skyscanner.net to explore carriers and (usually) cheapest fares from not only the UK but also from European airports which you know have reasonably convenient and not overly expensive access from the UK.

• Kakapo2's Profile Photo

by Kakapo2 Online Now Jul 3, 2011 at 3:02 PM

If you fly with AirAsia the best place to depart is London (Stansted). The only other place in Europe would be Paris. So it makes no sense to not fly out of the UK. AirAsia's fares are hard to beat.

AirAsia fly to Perth - but not to Adelaide (just Melbourne, Darwin and Gold Coast are other destinations in Australia.

airasia.com/nz/en/flightinfo...?

• Kakapo2's Profile Photo

P.S.

by Kakapo2 Online Now Jul 3, 2011 at 3:11 PM

AirAsia's great fares might not be the best deal in the end if you intend to fly within Australia. While you can use Perth, for example, as a stop-over on the way to another Australian destination on a single ticket, AirAsia does not fly domestically within Oz. This means you would have to pay the extra fare from Perth to wherever you want to go - and back. Otherwise you would have to fly from Perth back up to Kuala Lumpur and from there, for example, to Melbourne.

It really is a matter of checking the fares out. You could get away with one domestic flight on another carrier. Meaning you would fly to Perth on AirAsia, from Perth to Melbourne or Adelaide on Qantas, JetStar or Virgin (Pacific) Blue, and back home from Melbourne on AirAsia.

Without having checked it out I think this would still be cheaper than using any other airline if you get a A$ 210 deal for the domestic flight according to Sirgaw.

I have checked out flight from NZ to Paris several times, and Air Asia was always NZ$ 800 to 1000 cheaper than other airlines (350 to 500 GB pounds).

• Re: Flights to Perth WA.

by aussiegirl7 Online Now Jul 5, 2011 at 2:06 PM

thank you for your time,air asia are running a special promo at the moment.[£532 return to Perth]but impossible, to book online or by phone will keep on trying|| Internal flights in au.are mega expensive{return flight at Easter. Adelaide to Perth 450 Au.$. about 300 pounds]Once again thanks for you help. Regards Ken

• poepat's Profile Photo

by poepat Online Now Jul 17, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Hi, We travel from the UK to Australia for the last four years.
    The comments about air asia are right in respect of cheapness but they dont fly from stanstead now to OZ. These flight s have transferred to Gatwick.
    My personal preference is Malaysi Airlines. Keep checking their sites and every couple of months they have really good deals to Oz. We paid £705 this year in April over Easter and that was includoing taxes. Another benefit is take a few days at Kuala Lumpur at no extra cost except for your hotel accom. It breaks the journey and is absolutely awesome, if you travel about a little bit..
    I am currently checking flights for Perth next January and at the moment Malaysia is about a £1000, which at the moment is cheaper than the other 5 start airlines but not as cheap as Air\asia.
    If you are feeling adventurous, try China airlines, they are competive priced but have never flown with them.
    Check Malaysia Airlines and you wont go far wrong.
    Happy hols
    POEPAT

• Steve-H's Profile Photo

by Steve-H Online Now Aug 8, 2011 at 4:17 AM

I've tried this, the taxes applicable to flights from the UK are terrible but the hassle of getting flights from Europe can be overwhelming, I thought I could get the Eurostar from London & save ££'s but it didn't happen.
    I found the best option was to book a budget long haul, Air Asia or Royal Brunei Airlines offer the cheapest flights provided you can put up with 2 stops, you can save enough to offset those taxes.
    For the best options I used Kayak.com.
    For the record -I relented and flew Singapore Airlines to Perth, I booked well in advance and got a fare that wasn't too steep.

by aussiegirl7 Online Now Aug 8, 2011 at 11:46 AM

hello there thanks for advice regarding flights to au.i flew with malaysion airlines last year,went with emirates this year.[£822 return to perth]i think its just a matter of pot luck||will keep scouring the internet@hope something will turn up|thanks for your time, regards aussie girlable

by aussiegirl7 Online Now Aug 8, 2011 at 12:03 PM

hello stevie thanks for your advice regarding flights to perth i guess i will have to bite the bullet @ take whatever deal i can get|good luck on your move to au, my partner is aussie[daughter in perth,son in adelaide]i love the lifestyle but when you are paying £6 for a pint of the amber nector your money soon goes||anyway all the best for your move down under and thaks for your help regards aussiegirl able

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines