Perth Travel Answers

change location

ATM services

by joanneds Online Now Apr 25, 2005 at 7:00 PM

hi,
i would like to know if all around perth city there are easy access to ATM services? Would the ATM services accept all banks ATM cards? Maybe Cirrus system? or MEPS system?
thank you for your help.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • RE: ATM services

by Pinnacles Online Now Apr 25, 2005 at 7:59 PM

hello, yup you can find atm ard perth city, normally its easily spotted in shopping malls area. Cirrus is acceptable but not so sure abt the other. If u wana ensure, chk with your bank b4 leaving for perth.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: ATM services

by joanneds Online Now Apr 25, 2005 at 11:42 PM

thanks pinnacles. i think Cirrus will do....although i do see a maestro sign at the back. not too into this type of thing though. thanks!

by joanneds Online Now Apr 26, 2005 at 2:48 AM

hi,
    has anyone been on outside the country and try to access money via ATM and got his or her card captured by the machine. what happens then? as we would be in a foreign bank? would the bank in that foreign country help us?

• bryINpoland's Profile Photo

RE: RE: ATM services

by bryINpoland Online Now Apr 26, 2005 at 3:57 AM

joanneds,

In most cases if the machine eats your card, you can just go to the bank during its opening hours and get the car back with proof of identity. Only time that machine would take your machine, is if your enter the wrong pin code over and over again, or if the card has been reported stolen. The only time the would destroy your card, is if it was stolen. You can put a card in a machine that it doesnt that kind of card, and it wont eat it, it will just tell you over and over again that it isnt excepted. If worse comes to worse, make sure your carry your banks contact info, so if you do lose your card, you can report it, and you will be surpised how fast that card can be sent to you and replaced. And if you are scared of machines, remember that most currency exchange places can give cash advances with your card, then you have no worries about it being eaten.
    bryan

by joanneds Online Now Apr 26, 2005 at 6:24 PM

thank you bryan! i should have more confidence in the system eh? :) i'll be bringing along some travellers checks as well. so it should be a breeze.

thanks

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines