How to get to Perigueux from Paris?

by EmelineS Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM

How to get to Perigueux from Paris?

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: How to get to Perigueux from Paris?

by xymmot Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Best is to have a rental car if can drive, but last time I went out there, I took a train out of Paris and then a friend of mine picked us up in town to take us into Periqueux. .

Paris to Perigueux - $58 - 4h23 by Train,  I think the Paris trains are yellow and white, this picture you see is a train from Spain, but the same, thanks for the tips

cheers tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Sorry, the tvg train is blue and silver, the yellow and white is the Euro star and the red and whites are from Spain and Germanys DB trains are the same Red line and white body with a DB emblem in the front, ICE is the express.   LOL

cheers tommy x

• EmelineS's Profile Photo

by EmelineS Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Per the TGV schedule it looks like it takes about 4 hours to get to Bordeaux from Paris and then another connection to Perigueux. That eats up a good part of the day. Has anyone flown from Paris to Bordeaux (or somewhere nearby) before? If so, what airlines fly that route? We would rent a car in Bordeaux and then drive around Perigord for a week.

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

by pfsmalo Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I've never done this but after a search Air France fly from Orly for as little as 40€ in just over an hour one/way. I didn't check for extra bagage or any of the extra little add-ons that most of the companies seem to find these days. That price was for the middle of June (just to see).

1 member found this helpful

• Re: How to get to Perigueux from Paris?

by jeanfinney Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I am prejudiced towards the train, i admit - but unless you are arriving at Orly and can go straight on to Bordeaux, if you think of the time spent getting out there, and of course getting there early, it easily amounts to several hours - and you will miss the pleasure of French trains!! :) and the view from the window....and the freedom from fear of extra baggage charges....

• bugulma's Profile Photo

by bugulma Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM

www.sncf.com for the schedule.
    I visited Perigueux last January, staying in Bordeaux though. The train is 1,5 hour from St Jean railway station. The town is very interesting for the day trip...
    you may choose train or plane from Paris but in any way you use train for Perigueux, so 4 hours train Paris-Bordeaux could be better... To see Bordeaux is interesting as well, so maybe the 2 days in the area could be better :-)

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Hi. Welcome to Virtual Tourist. We've taken the train to Toulouse and driven up to the Perigord a couple times. The suggestion to change at Bordeaux will also work. If you want more Dordogne sightseeing time, fly. BTW, if you want an automatic transmission, book your car well ahead of time. They don't normally keep automatics on the lot. It's usually cheaper if you arrange it from home.

You can click on the names of people who answer you here to go to their Home Page. Then you can check their Travel Pages on the places you want to visit. There will be photos, reviews, things to do, hotels & restaurants, and web links to help your planning. If you haven't discovered Google Maps or via Michelin yet, they are a great help planning. http://www.viamichelin.com/

Enjoy one of my favorite parts of France.

• cubsur's Profile Photo

by cubsur Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 12:57 AM

You can also travel by train from Paris to Perigueux via Limoges, changing trains there. Average journey time is 4hrs 30 minutes. These are not TGV trains.

If using the TGV route, note that many of the connections for Perigueux are made at Libourne, rather than Bordeaux.

The SNCF website will include all these options so the choice is yours.

• EmelineS's Profile Photo

by EmelineS Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Thanks for the information, everyone. I will look into these options - planning my trips is almost as much fun as going!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines