Travel Answers
Pepin Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 1 day Glentanner Park 1 day Aoraki Court Motel?

New Zealand Aug 25, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Dear All,
      Thank you for your help last time . We’ve doubt and hope to get some feedback from the experienced travellers. 1. Should we split our 2 night stays in Gletanner Park into 1 night in Glentanner Park and 1 night in Aoraki Court Motel?

Our rationales: We ’ll be leaving Akaroa , lunch at Lake Tekapo and visit Mt John on the same day(29 Nov) , so by the time we reach Glentanner Park will be after 5 pm. The next morning we’ll travel to the Mt. Cook village. We think by doing us we save time and energy as Gletanner Park is about 20 km from Mt cook. Another reason is Mt cook weather day is always unpredictable and the enjoyable of the visit is weather dependable, so if come to worst, at least we have 1 day good day in Glentanner Park.

What do you think? Thank you in advance.

P/s Bellow is our itinerary for your reference

26 Nov Land about 12 am in CHR (overnight flight from Malaysia and transit

in Singapore & Sydney ) Stay at Dorset House

27 Nov Explore Christchurch and buy groceries. Stay at Dorset House
      28 Nov Akaroa ( Rental a car, buy groceries at New World, Day tour to Banks

Peninsular )Stay Double Dutch

29 Nov Mt. Cook (lunch at Lake Tekapo & Visit Mt. John Observatory on

the way). Stay in Glentanner Park

30 Nov Mt. Cook (Glazier Explorers Tour) Stay in Glentanner Park
      1 Dec . Wanaka (Mt. Iron walk)
      2 Dec Wanaka (scenic flight/ Jet Boating, Bicycle riding)
      3 Dec Wanaka
      4 Dec Te Anau ( Explore and short walks)
      5 Dec Te Anau ( The Chasm and Mirror Lakes Walk, Mildford sound cruise,

Key Summit if good weather & still fit )

6 Dec Queenstown ( Glenorchy Lagoon Boardwalk , Moke lake )
      7 Dec Queenstown ( bicycle riding and short walks)

8 Dec Queenstown. Return the car

9. Dec Early flight from Queenstown

more
    • family fun at new year

Auckland Aug 15, 2014 at 6:41 PM

We are new to Auckland having moved here a few months ago from Scotland. We have friends visiting 30th Dec with their children under 10, I am struggling for ideas other than have a BBQ and go to the beach for New Year? the Music festivals look great but as far as I can see they don't seem to be kid friendly...camping is tricky as we wouldn't have enough gear to accommodate all of us. Any suggestions ?? thanks in advance !

more
    • Hamilton (NZ)- Exchange Student

Hamilton Aug 31, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Hi there,
      Does anyone knows if Hamilton is a great place for an exchange student to go? If the city have many choices of places to go out at night with friends?
      Thanks a lot!!

more
    • 15 Days in NZ with young family

New Zealand Aug 27, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Hi wondering what your thoughts are on this itinerary?
      My kids are 4 and 1 and good travellers,
      Arrive 7th feb depart 22nd feb
      7th feb - Arrive Auckland
      8th Feb - Early drive to Coromandel - explore in afternoon - Hot water beach ??
      9th feb - morning in Coromandel then drive to Rotorua
      10th feb - Day in rotorua - Agrodome etc
      11th feb - wai-o-tapo thermals, huka falls then drive to Taupo
      12th feb - Long drive to Wellington (5-6hrs)??
      13th feb - Day in Wellington - Tepapa Muesuem
      14th feb - 830am ferry to picton then drive to Kaikoura stopping to see seals on the way
      15th feb - Drive to Arthurs pass (we are staying at a farm stay place near arthurs pass)
      16th feb - Drive to Franz Josef - Can i see glazier with kids?
      17th feb - Drive to Wanaka
      18th Feb - Day in Wanaka - puzzling world etc
      19th feb - Drive to Queenstown
      20th feb - Day in queenstown - bungy for hubby
      21st feb - Drive to Mt Cook
      22nd Feb - Drive to Christchurch then home

more
    • Backpackers that takes you to see dolphins?

Akaroa Aug 24, 2014 at 10:59 PM

This is a long shot, but when i visited Akaroa in 2006/2007, I remember there was a small backpackers where the guy would take a small groups of people out on his little dingy to see the Hectors dolphins. It was amazing, he was a lovely guy, but i cannot remember his name, or the backpackers associated with it! Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

For people not staying at the backpackers, i remember he charged a small fee, $20 or $25. But it was soo worth it, and so personalized! If anyone knows who i'm talking about ,pls advise!

more
    • !3 Days south island itinerary help

New Zealand Aug 17, 2014 at 8:19 AM

We (4 ladies) are nature lovers and we love nature scenic places. Besides we love easy hiking and bicycle riding. We'll going to south island in November. We've came out with a tentative itinerary. However , we've doubts and would desperately need experienced travelers or locals to help us. Below is our itinerary:

26 Nov Land about 12 am in CHR (.overnight flight from Malaysia and transit in

Singapore & Sydney ) Stay at Dorset House

27 Nov Explore Christchurch and buy groceries. Stay at Dorset House

28 Nov Christchurch ( Day tour to Banks Peninsular and Akaroa )???

29 Nov Mt. Cook ( Hire a car and lunch at Lake Tekapo & Visit Mt. John Observatory on
      the way). Stay in Glentanner Park

30 Nov Mt. Cook (Glazier Explorers Tour) Stay in Glentanner Park

1 Dec . Wanaka (Mt. Iron walk)

2 Dec Wanaka (scenic flight/ Jet Boating, Bicycle riding )

3 Dec Wanaka ???

4 Dec Te Anau ( Explore and short walks)

5 Dec Te Anau ( The Chasm and Mirror Lakes Walk, Mildford sound cruise, Key Summit
      if good weather & still fit )

6 Dec Queenstown ( Glenorchy Lagoon Boardwalk , Moke lake )

7 Dec Queenstown ( bicycle riding and short walks)
      8 Dec Queenstown. Return the car ???

9. Dec Early flight from Queenstown

Our Questions are:
      (A) If we rent a car to Akaroa, spend a night day. The next day straight drive to

Glentanner Park (Mt. Cook) . Is it better ? The reason is we're
      the type who like to stop at scenic places and admire the beauty of the nature
      before we continue our journey . Another reason is we think we might save some
      money for other outdoor activities.

(B) Should we change the 2 nights Te Anau to 6 & 7 Dec so that we can return the car

on 5 Dec . We 'll take the Milford sound cruise and there'll a transport back to
      Queenstown.

© With 3 days in Queenstown ? Where should we stay? Is it the last day , we must

stay in Queenstown as we have to catch the 9 am flight? The other 2 nights , should
      we stay at Cromwell, Frankton or Glenorchy? We don't like too touristy town and we
      love scenic nature places.

(D) Any must go places in Queenstown or Wanaka to fill up our third day?

We would love to get advicee from you all. Thank you

more
    • lanef's Profile Photo

Taxi from airport to hotel

Queenstown Aug 17, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Can anyone give me a rough idea how much a taxi would cost from the airport to the hotel on 20 Stanley Street?
      Thanks

more
    • Milford Sound V Interisland crossing

Milford Sound Aug 18, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Is Milford Sound going to be similar to the Interisland ferry crossing for sights to see.

more
    • Where to go?

New Zealand Aug 20, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Hi guys. I previously asked some questions about Australia and got some great answers. Now im back again but this time its about New Zealand.... Where are the stand out places to go and things to do which wont cost an arm and a leg to do? Thanks, Lewis and Kimberley.

more