Penzance

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• how to get around on public transport

Newquay Apr 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM

where are the best place's to see and how to get around on public transport thank you

more
    • littlelawyer's Profile Photo

holiday with 1-2 yr old

Cornwall Apr 14, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Dear all, a friend of mine from Germany just mentioned that she'd like to visit Cornwall this year. She worries it would be too stressful and expensive with the long journey and a little girl, about 18 months old. I'd like to reassure her, having had a brilliant time there last year in Penzance. But I guess much of what I enjoyed, including the sleeper train, wouldn't be so easy with a baby!! And they'd be travelling from Germany. So I thought I'd just try asking if anyone more clued up than me has any advice / recommendations? L

more
    • pepemorris11's Profile Photo

From Heathrow to Penzance

by pepemorris11 Online Now Dec 30, 2007 at 4:58 AM

Hi there! We are 2 couples in our 50s and 60s and we shall be visiting England for at least a month. We would like to take a train/bus whichever is cheaper to Penzance where we intend to book a car just to travel the Cornwall area. From there, we intend to take a train to the Cotswolds and to pick up another car. We may want to go to Pembrook too. How do I book a train or coach from Heathrow. is it better to prebook it or to buy a british rail pass? Any help is valuable. thank you

4 Answers Dec 31, 2007 at 10:00 AM
    • don93g's Profile Photo

Ghostly visitation

by don93g Online Now Sep 29, 2007 at 7:28 AM

Is there is a ghost walk in Penzance and may we assume it will be available September 2008?

1 Answer Sep 29, 2007 at 9:02 AM
    • LouiseTopp's Profile Photo

Advice for first time visitors

by LouiseTopp Online Now Jan 7, 2006 at 11:50 AM

Hi I would like to visit Cornwall at the end of August, but I'm not sure whether to visit Newquay or Penzance, can anyone give me any advice please? I would like a place where the retail is good,and the beaches but also the scenery.

Can someone also recommend a hostel place which is good. We are two girls and this would be our first visit. Many thanks.

6 Answers Jan 12, 2006 at 5:59 AM
    • PookieRabbit's Profile Photo

Penzance long stay car parking??

by PookieRabbit Online Now Aug 3, 2005 at 1:57 AM

Just wondered if any local can give me a bit of advice (and good news) on the parking situation in Penzance. We are booked to go to the Isles of Scilly for 4 days via the ferry and where going to leave our car in town. I must admit it did say on the booking form to book your car parking in advance which I just tried to do. It would seem though 2 weeks isnt advance enough and you need to book months in advance for the secure parking.. Anyway apart from the 2 secure car parks near the ferry terminal (Penders and Harbour Garages) I just wondered if anyone could recomend anywhere else to dump the car in Penzance for a few nights? Does the train station have a long stay car park and do you have to book?

1 Answer Aug 4, 2005 at 9:48 PM
    • psychocy's Profile Photo

Places To Sleep Around Penzance

by psychocy Online Now Feb 5, 2005 at 6:30 AM

Hello, My girlfriend and I are going to England for 3 months on a limited backpacking budget this spring-summer. The first day we'll arrive in Penzance we'll need to have cheap accomodations for a couple nights until the chalet we are staying in becomes available a few days later. We are bringing a tent and are more than willing to camp, but we don't know if there are any campgrounds in or around Penzance that we could get to before nightfall. Our train will arrive there around 4:00pm, so we can't hike too far if we're going to camp or go to a hostel. We could take a taxi, if the fare to where we're going is low, but what I don't want to do is spend a bunch of cash on a hotel for the first few nights. Any ideas? Any campgrounds, hostels, cheap hotels, or public camping sites in or around Penzance? Any stretches of land nobody would care about me pitching tent in? Anybody who lives around there and would be willing to put us up on your property for a small fee? Trying to save as much money as possible for the fun things... Regards and thanks, Ken

2 Answers Feb 5, 2005 at 12:40 PM

Best Pub In West Penwith?

by psychocy Online Now Jan 24, 2005 at 3:30 PM

Hello, Can anyone tell me the best pub in Penzance to kick back with a pint of Guinness and relax? Maybe play some darts or pool, or chat with old-timers in a relatively quiet, non-rowdy atmosphere? The less blaring televisions the better. Doesn't have to be Penzance, either. Mousehole, Newlyn, Drift - wherever, as long as it's in the general area. Regards, Ken

2 Answers Jan 25, 2005 at 12:09 AM

Penzance Bus Schedule

by psychocy Online Now Jan 24, 2005 at 3:26 PM

Hello, Can anyone tell me if the bus still runs from Penzance to Sancreed, or where I could get the bus schedule there? I am heading back to Cornwall for 3 months this March to June (2005) with my girlfriend, and am hoping the bus still runs to the village I stayed in last year. I seem to remember there was some doubt as to how long that particular route would last. I think maybe it was the number 9... not sure. Anyone have any ideas? Regards, Ken

• monkeyfeesh's Profile Photo

A few days in Cornwall

by monkeyfeesh Online Now Aug 8, 2003 at 10:59 AM

I'm off down to Penzance on the 21st, coming back on the 24th, so i've got three nights, two full days, and two half-days. Myself and my girlfriend are already going to the Minack theatre on Friday evening, so we've got that part planned out. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of what to do in the rest of the limited amount of time we have there. We're definitely going to pop round to St Michael's Mount; roughly how long should we allow for a visit there? And are there any good mini-tours from Penzance? Additionally, can anybody recommend some nice restaurants and pubs?

9 Answers Aug 28, 2003 at 1:57 PM