Penzance Travel Answers

change location
PookieRabbit's Profile Photo

Penzance long stay car parking??

by PookieRabbit Online Now Aug 3, 2005 at 1:57 AM

Just wondered if any local can give me a bit of advice (and good news) on the parking situation in Penzance. We are booked to go to the Isles of Scilly for 4 days via the ferry and where going to leave our car in town. I must admit it did say on the booking form to book your car parking in advance which I just tried to do. It would seem though 2 weeks isnt advance enough and you need to book months in advance for the secure parking.. Anyway apart from the 2 secure car parks near the ferry terminal (Penders and Harbour Garages) I just wondered if anyone could recomend anywhere else to dump the car in Penzance for a few nights? Does the train station have a long stay car park and do you have to book?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Spincat's Profile Photo

RE: Penzance long stay car parking??

by Spincat Online Now Aug 4, 2005 at 9:48 PM

Have a look at
    penwith.gov.uk/index.cfm?art...

It does give some info, though best used in conjunction with a map of the town. There are a lot of parking bays by the station and out along the front. I'm just not sure if there is any long-stay. You could see if there is a contact email on the local council site above.

Parking in the back streets of Penzance is much more problematic now. We had problems finding a space to park when we last went to visit friends - and this was out of season (they are now no longer in the area) . i wouldn't risk it .

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines