Penzance Travel Answers

change location
psychocy's Profile Photo

Places To Sleep Around Penzance

by psychocy Online Now Feb 5, 2005 at 6:30 AM

Hello, My girlfriend and I are going to England for 3 months on a limited backpacking budget this spring-summer. The first day we'll arrive in Penzance we'll need to have cheap accomodations for a couple nights until the chalet we are staying in becomes available a few days later. We are bringing a tent and are more than willing to camp, but we don't know if there are any campgrounds in or around Penzance that we could get to before nightfall. Our train will arrive there around 4:00pm, so we can't hike too far if we're going to camp or go to a hostel. We could take a taxi, if the fare to where we're going is low, but what I don't want to do is spend a bunch of cash on a hotel for the first few nights. Any ideas? Any campgrounds, hostels, cheap hotels, or public camping sites in or around Penzance? Any stretches of land nobody would care about me pitching tent in? Anybody who lives around there and would be willing to put us up on your property for a small fee? Trying to save as much money as possible for the fun things... Regards and thanks, Ken

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • elisabethmarriott's Profile Photo

Re: Places To Sleep Around Penzance

by elisabethmarriott Online Now Feb 5, 2005 at 11:53 AM

Hi There are quite a few camp sites around Penzance. Try www.cornwalltouristboard.co.uk for a list of sites and theres also a YMCA in Penzance. I think you can book online too. Have fun, its such a beautiful part of the UK. Liz

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Places To Sleep Around Penzance

by brazzi Online Now Feb 5, 2005 at 12:40 PM

i went past a basic campsite on the main road, by passing the town centre,it looks like the type of place you can just pitch up, and a guy collects the fee later? its a good location as there is a 24 hour tesco super market close by for food, beer,etc. also try website, cornwallfarwest. for campsites,hotels, b and b, property rentals

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines