Penticton Travel Answers

change location
Rusirius1's Profile Photo

What's this place all about?

by Rusirius1 Online Now May 23, 2006 at 1:13 AM

I heard this place was nice and not too crowded. Yet are there still enough things happening in town to make it interesting? I heard about the Frazer Valley between Abbotsford and Chilliwack being socked in by air pollution. And since I have asthma, I would not survive there. How's the air quality in Penticton?
Are there enough shops and non-smoking restaurants to choose from? I hope it's not too "Red-Kneck". I was hoping to do some grocery shopping at an Organic Health food Store or a Farmer's Market. Please let me know what it's like there. Thanks.

From John, AKA: Rusirius1

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • SamSalmon's Profile Photo

RE: What's this place all about?

by SamSalmon Online Now May 23, 2006 at 6:20 PM

Penticton is hot dry in summer with lots of pollution from spray on nearby orchards-a friend of mine was hospitalised on a visit there a few years ago because he could't breathe.

It's cold smoggy in winter-regular inversions trap car emmisions and smoke from wood burning fireplaces-winter air is quite poor quality.

Non smoking restaurants?

*All* restaurants here are non-smoking.

It's a pleasant place that's overpriced but not as much as nearby Kelowna.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: What's this place all about?

by vandude666 Online Now Jun 9, 2006 at 6:13 PM

Penticton is a great spot very hot during the summer and can get crowded on summer weekends....check out other towns in the South Okanagan valley....it's all beautiful.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines