Pensacola Travel Answers

change location

is it a safe for a family vacation during springbreak?

by eggroll Online Now Jul 8, 2006 at 5:48 PM

hi everyone,
i was not too sure if pensacola was a safe bet for family vacation. im well aware of the wild parties all across florida, but i need a family vacation for my daughter (will be 4 year old). im going in the middle of march, so i dont know if its mardi gras party or family party. if i can get some insight, plz mail back. thx lots
teddy

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • catalysta's Profile Photo

RE: is it a safe for a family vacation during springbreak?

by catalysta Online Now Jul 16, 2006 at 11:58 AM

I don't know about Pensacola, but Naples on the southern Gulf Coast would be a good bet for avoiding the party crowds. It's got a loooonnnnggg beautiful beach, and even though the hotels are fairly spendy, there are some very reasonable alternatives for accommodations, especially if you want to rent a condo. Check out Park Shore Resort & the Cove Inn in hotel tips: Naples Hotel Tips by catalysta

Naples won't put up with the whole Spring Break mess!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • milohmae's Profile Photo

RE: is it a safe for a family vacation during springbreak?

by milohmae Online Now Aug 27, 2006 at 7:52 AM

I live in Pensacola, downtown loft. Been here for nearly 7 years. Pensacola Beach at the main gathering point is a college scene. But just about 1 mile down from the crowds, there is a state park that is family oriented. If you have never been here, the beaches and water are spectacular. The water should be warm enough to swim in, and the weather still cool enough to enjoy an all day visit. Don't forget to go to the downtown are and take a walk along the historic area district. Prices for hotels on the beach are relative I suppose, but the food is great and within reason.

I wouldn't have a problem with my family going to the beach during this time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines