Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• alycat's Profile Photo

Beachside weekend getaway

Philadelphia Apr 2, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Hello all,

Please suggest ideas for a beachside weekend getaway from DC for a couple...small condo/resort/cottage for accommodation and good seafood restaurants near the beach!

Thanks
      Ali

more
    • picnic near hershey

Hershey Apr 19, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Is there any place to picnic near hershey spa?

more
    • Time spent at longwood

Longwood Apr 17, 2014 at 4:47 PM

We will be visiting Longwood Gardens on a Monday this June with our 2 year old in a stroller. How many hours should we anticipate spending there assuming the weather is decent? We would like to take our time as it is very unlikely we will ever have the opportunity to go back.
      Also, are there any areas for children to run around and play?

more
    • marca's Profile Photo

Hotel Near to Riverview Park

Pittsburgh Apr 15, 2014 at 9:25 AM

We are doing a charity bike ride beginning and ending at Riverview Park. Is there a clean hotel (it does not have to be a chain) within 5 miles from the Park?

more
    • vvanawhitee's Profile Photo

walking tours

Pittsburgh Mar 29, 2014 at 11:23 AM

i was wondering if there were any walking tours or other tours in pittsburgh?

more
    • Gettysburg picnic

Gettysburg Apr 17, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Will we be allowed to stop for a picnic while doing a self guided tour of the gettysburg battlefield? Are there covered pavilions with picnic tables? Are there any playgrounds for toddlers along the route?

more
    • picnic near hershey

Hershey Apr 19, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Is there any place to picnic near hershey spa?

1 Answer Apr 19, 2014 at 6:08 PM
    • Time spent at longwood

Longwood Apr 17, 2014 at 4:47 PM

We will be visiting Longwood Gardens on a Monday this June with our 2 year old in a stroller. How many hours should we anticipate spending there assuming the weather is decent? We would like to take our time as it is very unlikely we will ever have the opportunity to go back.
      Also, are there any areas for children to run around and play?

1 Answer Apr 20, 2014 at 10:00 AM
    • Gettysburg picnic

Gettysburg Apr 17, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Will we be allowed to stop for a picnic while doing a self guided tour of the gettysburg battlefield? Are there covered pavilions with picnic tables? Are there any playgrounds for toddlers along the route?

3 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    • marca's Profile Photo

Hotel Near to Riverview Park

Pittsburgh Apr 15, 2014 at 9:25 AM

We are doing a charity bike ride beginning and ending at Riverview Park. Is there a clean hotel (it does not have to be a chain) within 5 miles from the Park?

1 Answer Apr 15, 2014 at 11:51 AM
    • alycat's Profile Photo

Beachside weekend getaway

Philadelphia Apr 2, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Hello all,

Please suggest ideas for a beachside weekend getaway from DC for a couple...small condo/resort/cottage for accommodation and good seafood restaurants near the beach!

Thanks
      Ali

• vvanawhitee's Profile Photo

walking tours

Pittsburgh Mar 29, 2014 at 11:23 AM

i was wondering if there were any walking tours or other tours in pittsburgh?

1 Answer Mar 29, 2014 at 3:57 PM
    • Hotel near Carnegie Mellon

Pittsburgh Mar 23, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Hi all. I'm planning a stay in Pittsburgh to visit my nephew at Carnegie Mellon. I've narrowed the hotels down to the Hilton Garden Inn in Oakland and the Marriott Courtyard in Shadyside (don't ask me about my winnowing criteria). Anyone familiar with these neighborhoods or hotels to help me tip the balance one way or another? Thanks much.

4 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    • Arrival from England

Pittsburgh Mar 9, 2014 at 4:45 AM

My Ggrandfather left Germany via Liverpool, England and entered US at Pittsburgh, PA. Where would this have taken place back in 1884. Thanks in advance. Linda Reed

9 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 7:14 AM
    • Arrival from England

Pittsburgh Mar 9, 2014 at 4:42 AM

My Ggrandfather left Germany via Liverpool, England and entered US at Pittsburgh, PA. Where would this have taken place back in 1884. Thanks in advance. Linda Reed

4 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 5:25 PM
    • deepdavey's Profile Photo

Best Fish sandwich

Pittsburgh Mar 9, 2014 at 1:20 AM

Does Jimmys on smithfield ave still there? They used to have the best fish sandwich I had in the world. Honestly (in the world). This was way back in 1989-93.

• HELP IN PHILADELPHIA

Philadelphia Mar 2, 2014 at 9:25 PM

HI FRIENDS

ARRVING FROM WASHINGTON dc TO Philadelphia, PA, 30th St Station . nEED TO TRAVEL TO BENASALEM TO MY COUSINS HOUSE. WE ARE TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN AGE 6 AND 9 YRS CAN YOU PLEASE SUGGEST CONVENIENT MODE OF TRAVEL

2 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 5:39 AM
    • traveling to different city

Pittsburgh Mar 2, 2014 at 1:42 PM

what is my best option if I wanted to travel from Pittsburgh to Williamsport, pa. ? and how would I do it? ive been looking for awhile and cant find direct transport

3 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 3:12 AM
    • Campsite ratings?

Ricketts Glen State Park Feb 7, 2014 at 1:53 PM

How would you rate site 35?

2 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 7:01 PM
    • Sportsman gun raffle May $ 2014

Lucinda Jan 30, 2014 at 3:55 PM

were is the Sportsman gun raffle located

2 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 4:36 PM
    • Source of hand held guide for information and map of NY, NY.

Froman Jan 28, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Source of hand held guide for information and map of NY, NY.

2 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 11:56 AM
    • Cheri15's Profile Photo

little brother big sister day

Philadelphia Jan 19, 2014 at 9:36 PM

I want to have a day in the city with my brother, but i'm not sure exactly what I should do. I don't feel like going to the institute, does anyone have any other ideas? He's 9...

6 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 6:24 AM
    • Older dance clubs

Pittsburgh Jan 11, 2014 at 4:11 PM

We are senior citizens but really enjoy dancing to "our" music...where do we go in Pgh to dance?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2014 at 9:21 PM
    • Hotel for Soccer Tournament

Lancaster Jan 6, 2014 at 10:52 AM

My son is playing in the PA Classics soccer tournament this Spring in Manheim and I am responsible for booking the hotel for the entire team. The tournament website recommends the Lancaster Inn & Suites (www.lancasterinnandsuites.com) but I wanted to know if anyone has any other suggestions before I book the rooms. Looks like this place offers a AAA discount and some group rates...anyone ever stay there and have a good or bad experience? Other recommendations?

Thanks!

• State Capitol

Harrisburg Dec 30, 2013 at 5:44 AM

What days and times is the capitol building open for tours?

3 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 6:28 AM
    • Cheese Steak Restaurants

Philadelphia Dec 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM

back in the 70's and 80's I was in Philly and there was an "Oregon Steaks" on Oregon avenue not far from Broad St. whatever happened to that place

2 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    • train travel

Hershey Oct 26, 2013 at 7:21 AM

can I take a train to Hershey from Essex, ny ?

2 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • Xtreme ghost hunt

Gettysburg Oct 20, 2013 at 5:37 AM

They brought us to a "farmhouse" that was supposedly a field hospital during the battle of culps hill (right off Baltimore tpke) doing some research it's not listed anywhere. So just curious if we've been had lol

3 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 6:52 AM
    • points of interest

Pittsburgh Oct 14, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I have a 2-day visit to Pittsburgh. Hope to spend one day out of the city. What are the most recommended attractions within a one-hour drive (or so)?
      Also, I am overwhelmed by the lists of city must-do places. And I realize everyone has different ideas. But was are the absolute MUST see/do in the city. (not too energy intensive as one of us is a senior)
      Thanks!
      Also looking for reasonably price accommodations near Carnegie Mellon University. Have been unsuccessful so far!
      Thanks again!

4 Answers Oct 15, 2013 at 12:33 AM
    • Name of place

New Hope Oct 13, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Hi,
      What is the name of the farm close to new hope? I knw it beguin w an N but can't tell the name...
      tk for ur help!!

4 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    • ASpicker's Profile Photo

Wine Areas

Scranton Sep 30, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Are there any wineries in and around the Scranton area?

2 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM
    • suekay3's Profile Photo

B and B in Scranton area

Scranton Sep 29, 2013 at 9:48 AM

We are looking for Bed and Breakfast in or near Scranton. There doesn't seem to be much to chose from. Any ideas? Even advice on hotels/motels would help.

• family day

Philadelphia Sep 18, 2013 at 7:36 PM

we moved away from the city and returning after several years away. Always had an amazing time as a couple but not sure what to do going back with a 5yr old girl and 3yr old boy for a day trip. Any suggestions??

1 Answer Sep 19, 2013 at 3:07 AM
    • family friendly, inexpensive hotel

Pittsburgh Sep 11, 2013 at 7:39 PM

We're traveling to PIttsburgh with another couple and our/their children for a weekend getaway. Planning on going to the zoo, aviary, conservatory and possibly the children's museum. Looking for a hotel that won't break the bank. we are driving ourselves, and don't mind being outside of the city. We'd love a hotel with an indoor pool, connecting rooms and maybe a small table so the adults can sit and have a glass of wine/beer after we put the kids to bed! Recommendations on an area to look or specific hotel?

3 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 5:32 AM
    • Public transportation

Honesdale Sep 10, 2013 at 1:00 PM

What is the best way to travel from Honesdale to Pittsburgh?

2 Answers Sep 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    • HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Hotel with view

Pittsburgh Sep 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I'm looking for a hotel with a view, and NOT one of the big vertical slabs downtown. Someplace in the city, with all those bluffs overlooking the rivers, there should be a small hotel or B&B with a nice view and fewer than 1000 guests. Any suggestions?
      Thanks,
      HB

1 Answer Sep 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM