change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• iccuf's Profile Photo

Hotel in Edinburgh

Edinburgh Aug 3, 2015 at 12:13 PM

My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in Edinburgh. Never been there before. We will not have a card. Do we want to stay in Old Town? or New Town? We like to be able to walk out and be in the middle of everything. I have looked at some of the hotels. The Witchery looks interesting - well, very different, but maybe a little spooky. Comment? Also looked at The Glasshouse - then read a number of negative comments on TripAdvisor. Another I was looking at was GV Royal Mile. Any comments on hotels and whether or not to stay in Old Town? I just read above about restaurants - looks like the better restaurants are outside of the Royal Mile. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated. Oh, we'll be going the very end of September or first of October. Thanks!

more
    • evaanna's Profile Photo

Public transport in Edinburgh

Edinburgh Aug 22, 2015 at 11:41 PM

I have heard that there are day tickets at 3.5 pounds that allow you to travel freely on public transport for 24 hours. Is this true and if so, where can we buy them? Would it be possible to get to Rosslyn Chapel, using such a ticket or is it not valid for that zone? And how to get to Rosslyn Chapel from Pollock Halls, Holyrood Park Road, Newington? And one more thing - what would (roughly) be the taxi fare from the airport to Pollock Halls? Thank you ever so much. :)

more

How to book a room at a Travelodge in Edinburgh?

Edinburgh Aug 21, 2015 at 9:07 AM

Over a fortnight ago we tried to book a room at a Travelodge in Edinburgh. We followed the procedure, filled in all the data, gave them our bank account number and clicked OK to complete the booking. We expected a confirmation of the booking but instead we got the information that our booking was unsuccessful. Strangely enough, Travelodge did not book a room for us but it ring fenced the amount on our bank account, which meant two weeks' waiting till the money was unblocked. I complained and got a reply which didn't solve the problem. Now today, over two weeks later, when the money was returned to us we tried to make the booking again. And guess what happened? Exactly the same. We now have quite a large sum of money ring fenced (i.e. inaccessible to us) and still no booking. I really don't know what to do. We have air tickets for 5 September and the money will not be accessible till then. Does anybody happen to know what we can do about this? And please don't suggest we phone them - we tried but waited and waited listening to the music till our phone account ran out. International phone calls from Poland are really expensive. For the time being, I sent them another complaint by e-mail and am waiting for a reply, but without much hope.

more

Hiring a car in Edinburgh

Edinburgh Aug 5, 2015 at 5:20 AM

I need advice about hiring a car in Edinburgh. Is it necessary to make the arrangements in advance? We are going in September. We have had some bad experience connected with payments (for accommodation) on the net and would prefer to arrange the hire on our arrival at the airport. Do you think this is possible? What car hire firms would you recommend? We need a small car and don't want to pay a fortune. Thank you.

more