Peniche Travel Answers

change location

public transport

by riotpaddler Online Now Jul 11, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Wanting to get a rede expresso bus from lisbon to peniche. How do I find out how much it costs and how do I find out if I need to make any bus changes on the route? I do not speak portugese. Grateful for any help that anybody can give.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: public transport

by pietr1 Online Now Jul 11, 2010 at 7:12 PM

You find the schedule and the fares if you search in "horários e preços"(timetable) for "Lisboa" on the first text box and "Peniche" on the second.
    The check-box means if you want a return ticket as well.
    Just press "Ok" and there it is.

8.50€ and it´s a one hour and half trip. Please note, some buses doesn´t run on sundays, and others only run on sundays =) There is no bus change during the route.

It´s not an easy website.. but it is accurate and may be helpful if you´re planning to visit some other cities. Have a nice trip and enjoy both Lisbon and Peniche! =)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: public transport

by cubsur Online Now Jul 11, 2010 at 11:12 PM

If you would like to see the timetable in English please take a look at this page of mine

www.algarvebus.info/rede-expressos.htm

Also, and nowhere does the official Rede-Expressos site say this, the buses leave from SETE RIOS bus station in Lisbon. This is a large and busy bus station and as you must buy your ticket at the ticket office, make sure you get there 15 -20 minutes before departure time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines