Penang Travel Answers

change location

visit in Penang

by Freude01 Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I will travel to penang (after visiting Langkawi for 5 days) in March and I am wondering how many days I should stay there. As I heard, penang got a very beautyful old citycenter but the beaches are not famous. What else can I see there? Are 1,5 days enough? And what is the best way to travel there? With the ferry or by bus? How long takes the ferry and about what costs are we talking about (bus and/or ferry)?

Thanks a lot for your advices!!!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: visit in Penang

by xymmot Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM

wing it and make adjustments, if you like the beach, stay in a quiet town, if not forge on. Cheapest way is taking the bus and ferry.

cheers tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cal6060's Profile Photo

by cal6060 Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 3:02 PM

It really depends what you are interested to see !! There are many old buildings blended between western and eastern architectural styles. There are so much to see if you are willing to walk under the sun. Otherwise, 1.5 days should be enough to visit some of its famous sites, like the Penang Hill, Kip Lok Si Temple, the beach, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall, Gurney Drive, etc.

The ferry between Langkawi to Penang takes 2 hrs and 45 minutes. RM60 per adult. Check this out:
    langkawi-ferry.com/Home/Sche...

Alternately, you can take airasia flight. www.airasia.com

• Leedobrin's Profile Photo

by Leedobrin Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I think 2 days in Georgetown and 1 by the beaches is quite enough. Go to a bar along the beaches called sams bar! Very nice and right on beach

• Re: visit in Penang

by anirudhjoglekar Online Now Dec 24, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Penang City is very beatiful. Some of the must see places are Penang Hill, Butterfly Garden, Spice Garden, War museum. Beaches are also good but as you are travelling to langkawi then beaches are better in langkawi. 2 days should be enough to visit those places

Bus frequency is very good so you can bank on those Buses

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines