change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TeresaLim's Profile Photo

Jiufen Visit

Taipei Yesterday

HI..ShoulId stay overnight at Jiufen? I have not been to Jin Gua Shi, I plan to go Jin Gu Shi then to Jiufen. I prefer to go slow on the trip and enjoying the sceneries, eateries.

I am in a group of 4.

If yes, which place to book?

Thank you.

more
    • Climbing Yushan in One Day

Taiwan May 13, 2015 at 8:38 PM

I would like to find out how to do the above summit bid:

1) how to get the two permits: mountain and police permits? How long does it take? How early does the police station at the trail head open?

2) initial idea is to hire a moped/scooter from a nearby (or not-so-close) town/city before riding to the trail head before dawn. How easy is it to hire the wheels with a UK licence? How much does it usually costs?

3) how long is the hike? How arduous? For reference, I had climbed Mt Kinabaru at 4100m ASL last year.

4) what other issues I should consider?

Thank you in advance!!

more
    • Family Trip to Taiwan

Taiwan May 3, 2015 at 9:43 PM

Hi all, we are visiting Taiwan in the month of July and would like to know some mid-range hotel recommendation for family of 6. Beside that, we also need recommendation on on ground tour around places away from taiwan like Alishan and Sun Moon Lake. Or is it cheaper to hire a driver to bring us around?

more
    • TeresaLim's Profile Photo

Need Advise / Suggestion

Taipei May 24, 2015 at 9:39 AM

Hi..I am planning a trip with my friends (4 of us) to Taipei on coming end Oct. We will arrive in Taoyuan on Thursday night and below is my planning:

Note : my friends never been to Taipei but I been there few times, I want to explore new places which I missed out on my previous trip but I still need to show my friends the important places, so I have temporary came out with below list. I wish to stay one night in '汽车旅馆' which is on the arrival day and 2nd day morning check out to Taipei; is it a good idea?

Thursday : Arrival at Airport (8pm)

Friday : Yang Ming Shan,

Beitou (hot spring museum, eat and hot spring bath),
      Dan Shui & Yu Ren Ma Tou
      ShihLin NIght Market

Sat : 101 tower

Wu Fen Pu
      (still thinking of where to go)

Sun : Taipei Underground Shopping Street

Raohe NIght Market,
      still thinking what to add

Mon : Overnight at Jiu Fen