Peggy's Cove Travel Answers

change location
victorwkf's Profile Photo

Peggy's Cove in November 2005

by victorwkf Online Now Oct 20, 2005 at 10:52 PM

Hi

I will be going to Halifax in mid November 2005 and thinking of visiting Peggy's Cove. Since November is a low season, I could not find any day tours going to from Halifax to Peggy's Cove on the internet. Hope someone can provide me information on whether there are any daily transport or day tours from Halifax to Peggy's Cove in mid November.

I will also need some information on Halifax as well, and will be posting them on the VT Halifax forum soon.

Regards
Victor

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • mim95's Profile Photo

RE: Peggy's Cove in November 2005

by mim95 Online Now Oct 22, 2005 at 3:13 PM

I think your best bet is rent a car. You can also drive to Lunenburg, an old town with beautifully coloured historic buildings. It is actually an UNESCO world heritage site. The town is about 100km from Halifax. The problem is, like you said, it's low season and the weather can be rough in the Maritime provinces. Most tourists visit in the summer.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • victorwkf's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Peggy's Cove in November 2005

by victorwkf Online Now Dec 18, 2005 at 4:54 AM

My trip to Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg was fantastic! Thanks for the information!

• victorwkf's Profile Photo

RE: Peggy's Cove in November 2005

by victorwkf Online Now Jan 14, 2007 at 8:02 AM

It has been a while now since my nova scotia trip and the happy memory still lingers on. Truely enjoyed my visit to halifax, peggy's cove and lunenburg. Hopefully i can come back one day and visit other attractions such as Cape Breton Island and southern part of nova scotia which i did not have time to cover

I have finished building my VT halifax, peggy's cove and lunenburg pages, and hopefully they will be useful to future travellers to these places in nova scotia :)

• naturegirl99's Profile Photo

Re: Peggy's Cove 2008

by naturegirl99 Online Now May 7, 2008 at 12:40 PM

Hi Victor!

I have just returned from a visit in Nova Scotia--my first time on the east coast. I don't drive and so I discovered Kip & Kaboodle, a hostelling association and shuttle service that operates out of Lunenburg. Together we designed a comprehensive tour that made the most of my few days there. I am a serious amateur photographer and shot almost 1400 photos in 4 days! My favourite time there was sunset at the Peggy's Cove lighthouse, but Lunenburg, Blue Rocks, Hall's Harbour and Blomidon were also stunning.
    Kip & Kaboodle can be reached through: http://www.kiwikaboodle.com/index.htm and e-mail at kiwikaboodle.com.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines