Pedasí

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hair salon

Panamá City Nov 10, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Hi looking for a hair salon for keratin treatment in Panama City. Any recommendations? Approximate cost?

more
    • car rental insurance

Panamá City Nov 5, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Wanting to rent a car at main airport. Want to use my USD gold visa to cover liability. Only want basic coverage. My bank says card will do. Does anyone know the exact rules for Panama car insurance. Nn to know what to expect, speak a little Spanish but don't want to pay USD26 for insurance. Thx.

more
    • travelmad478's Profile Photo

Solo trip to Panama: rent a car or not?

Panama Oct 30, 2014 at 8:21 AM

I will be in Panama for about 8-9 days in January. My main interest is in birding and other nature-y stuff, for which I would like to get away from Panama City for most of the trip. I am contemplating renting a car to drive around the countryside and get to more distant destinations that are difficult to reach by public transit, but I wonder if this is wise (I drove in Costa Rica in 2006 and many roads were utterly horrendous). Money is not a big concern, but freedom, safety, and convenience are.

My other question is whether 8-9 days is enough time to get to 3 destinations in Panama, or should I be less ambitious? The good sites seem to be Soberania NP, Chiriqui/Volcan Baru, and Darien--although Darien might be tough to do in this short time frame. I am considering Soberania, somewhere around Volcan Baru, and a last "R&R" stop in Bocas del Toro.

Any comments or suggestions would be welcome!

more
    • Is a 5 hour transit in Panama enough to visit?

Panamá City Nov 17, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Hello everybody!

I'm going back from Cuba soon through Panama city airport. I'll arrive to Panama on a Tuesday at 6.24PM, and my flight takes off at 11.52PM. Therefore I was wondering if that would leave me enough time to get out of the airport and have a look. I'd love to see the canal and a bit of Panama city, which I heard is beautiful.

Another question: as a French citizen am I required to have a visa or something to get out?

Thank you ;)

Romain

more