Travel Answers
Pecs

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• halikowski's Profile Photo

Rudabanya railway station no longer operative...

Hungary 1 hours ago

Back in 2000 I took a train to Rudabanya and walked to the Aggteleki caves. I think this country railway has been decomissioned, it doesn't appear any more in the MAV timetable ELVIRA. Can someone please confirm that this is the case (I can't type the accent on Rudabanya on this keyboard, though I don't think this is the problem)...

more
    • camping Hegyi

Szilvasvarad Apr 16, 2014 at 5:55 AM

does anybody know if camping Hegyi still exists?
      Their website is down and the phone number does no longer exist...

more
    • transportation

Toalmas Apr 17, 2014 at 3:59 AM

how to get to Toalmas from Budapest? What transportation is the most easy way for travelers?

more
    • Car parking

Csepel-sziget Apr 8, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Where can I leave the car during the festival? Any parking spaces? How much can this cost?

more
    • bus from vienna to sopron

Sopron Mar 29, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Hi! I'm going to Volt festival this summer. And I've decided to fly to Vienna and from there to go to Sopron (because it's cheaper that way). Also I am planning to stay in Vienna, that means I will have to go to Sopron twice ( because I'm attending only two days of the festival) and return to Vienna. When I was looking for a train, turned out there is no train that goes from sopron straight to vienna after 8pm and if I choose to take a train I'll have to change trains in Wiener Neustadt.

Can you please give me some information. Can I get from Vienna to Sopron and back on a bus? Where can I see the schedule?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

more
    • Direct Flights

Budapest Apr 18, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I am thinking of flying from Budapest to Split on June 15 or 16. The only flights I have found involve extensive layovers. Are there any airlines that have a direct flight? I have done several internet searches and only come up with major airlines or airlines that have one or more connections.

more
    • ehlershardie's Profile Photo

Budapest to Dubrovnik via Split?? in Sept 2014 Any overnight trains in Sept?

Budapest Mar 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM

We are trying to get from Budapest to Dubrovnik late Sept. Cant find a train schedule for Sept. Also are there any overnight trains from Budapest to Split in Sept? Is it worth spending a day or 2 in Split or is there somewhere else we should visit on our way to Dubrovnik? Thanks, in advance!

more
    • City Travel

Budapest Mar 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM

What is the best way to travel from BUD airport to Marriott Hotel at Chain Bridge?

more
    • Two black ladies traveling to Pecs from Budapest. Safety and transport advise please :)

by Vera567 Online Now Feb 20, 2014 at 5:50 AM

Hi there!

We are two black British and American friends visiting Budapest for the first time. Would like to visit Pecs during our stay, but wanted to know how safe it is for foreigners...meaning black people to get get around the city? What should we do and shouldn't do so as not to get unwanted attention or irritate the locals? We are fun and outgoing ladies and just want to enjoy our break, but another friend had a not so good experience when she visited with her white boyfriend and that has left us feeling somewhat anxious.

Is it best to travel by train or bus? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

My partner is Hungarian and I should visit with him, but he gets so protective when people look at us (me especially) that I wanted to do this trip without him...could do without a bodyguard, so hence I'm going with a friend instead. He knows I'm going away, but I am not telling him where to until we arrive there. I want him to know that I love him enough to visit his country on my own and he wouldn't need to be so protective of me when I visit with him. Any advise on a fun trip would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Vera

6 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 6:06 PM
    • HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

How to get from Pecs (H) to Osijek (HR)

by HORSCHECK Online Now Jul 13, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Hello everybody,

How can I get from Pecs to Osijek in Croatia. Train doesn't seem to be a good option as the bahn.com website shows me only connections which last at least 11,5 hours. So are there any buses serving this route? Is there a website about the bus timetables and fares?

Also a combined train/bus trip could make sense to me: So taking a train to somewhere near the Hungarian/Croatian border then further on by bus.

Any help is much appreciated.

3 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    • AnatolyZ's Profile Photo

Any nightlife in Pecs?

by AnatolyZ Online Now Sep 20, 2012 at 5:04 AM

Hello dear travel pals!
      is there any disco or dance clubs/pubs in Pecs to go Thursday night?
      thanx!!!!

2 Answers Sep 21, 2012 at 1:18 AM
    • picek's Profile Photo

Sunday market on 1st January

by picek Online Now Dec 2, 2011 at 2:35 AM

Jo napot! Does anyone here knows if Sunday Market (flea market, open air market) in Pecs will be open on 1st January? I suspect it will be, but would like to confirm by someone who knows for sure because it's little out of city centre.
      Thanks in advance,
      v.

1 Answer Jan 3, 2012 at 6:09 AM
    • LADIES CLOTHING

by theheders Online Now Jun 15, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Spending a couple of weeks in Pecs in October. What are some women's clothing stores. I am a little older than middle aged. like conservative, good quality clothing, but I also appreciate good value. I have visited the centre of Pecs a number of times, and although I know the Kiraly Utca and Arkad shopping centre area of Pecs, I might have missed a good shop, even if it was under my nose. There may also be some good shops outside of the downtown area. If anyone has suggestions, I would welcome them.

• Pecs night life

by fabfava Online Now Dec 25, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Hello. Should I go with some friends in Pecs in the New Year. The nightlife is brilliant, dancing and music club, or a small town just for families and couples? Can you recommend the most popular?
      Thank you very much

• bus or train

by passievolleman Online Now Jul 26, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Could someone please tell me what is the best and easiest way to travel from the netherlands to pecs==
      Thank you
      Greetings
      Peter The Hague

2 Answers Jul 27, 2010 at 12:29 AM
    • sterne84's Profile Photo

best way to go Budapest- Pécs

by sterne84 Online Now Jun 25, 2010 at 6:54 AM

Hi everybody,
      I was wondering if I'd rather take a train or bus to get from Budapest to Pecs.
      Trains seem a bit expensive 3890-4250 Fiorint one way...is there a discounted return ticket? I'm a 25 year-old student if there's a related discount.

Is the only bus company available Volanbusz?from which bus stop (couldn't find it in the search)

thanks a lot :)

7 Answers Jul 9, 2010 at 12:20 PM
    • How can I go to Belgrade from Pecs?

by cpaiva Online Now May 4, 2010 at 8:05 AM

I'm going to be at Pecs next may 24 and 25, and I would like to visit Belgrade later. I'm trying to find out the easyest way to travel to Belgrade may 25 at night(by train, bus or plane) but I can't find any informations in the sites I have visited. Is there anybody who could help me?

10 Answers Oct 1, 2011 at 1:11 AM
    • Bilyana's Profile Photo

car rental

by Bilyana Online Now May 7, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Is there any car rental agency that you would recommend in Pecs. We will be needing a car for about 5 days and will be traveling to Germany and back.

Thanks!!!

2 Answers Jan 18, 2012 at 3:54 AM
    • Airport

by Mocuz Online Now May 20, 2008 at 5:28 AM

I know that in Pécs there is an airport but I don't know what company flies there. Can anybody help me? I would like to fly over there.. And, then, when I'm arrived, how can I go in the city?
      Thank's..

6 Answers May 27, 2009 at 3:58 PM
    • Getting around in PECS

by lakeside1usa Online Now Apr 5, 2008 at 11:43 AM

We have booked an overnight stay in Pecs on 2 May at Berg Tobaz Panzio, Fenyves Sor 5/
      What is the distance from the center of town and what are the methods of transportation from the train station or bus station. Can anyone tell us anything about this pension. Thanks, lakeside1usa

3 Answers Apr 6, 2008 at 11:17 AM
    • Fordcore's Profile Photo

Pecs to or from Belgrade??

by Fordcore Online Now Dec 12, 2007 at 11:59 PM

I'm trying to get to Pecs on a trip I'm making down to Belgrade... but all the research I've done says I'll probably have to go to Budapest, and then backtrack. Does anyone know about a bus, or even two trains/busses that might make the journey a little more direct?

Any help you can offer me would be very much appreciated.

Matt

2 Answers Dec 15, 2007 at 8:17 AM
    • HappyCaretta's Profile Photo

Los Bongos

by HappyCaretta Online Now Aug 7, 2006 at 10:21 AM

Hi all!!
      my question is for the ones who go to los bongos or ristorante elephante .. i have been in pecs last year and like it so much . but have a little bit private question ( maybe silly :)) if people living in hungary and know los bongos very much can reach me and help me answering my question i will be greatfull ..thanx in advance..

1 Answer Aug 23, 2006 at 5:11 AM
    • train from zagreb to pecs

by janguar Online Now Jun 14, 2006 at 2:45 AM

Hi,

i am from germany and travelling to pecs, hungary for a film project. Here is my question: Is there a train from zagreb airport to pecs in hungary? If yes, how much would it be? And is there a possibility to book tickets online? Or to get to the homepage of the local train-system?

thanx in advance
      jan

3 Answers Jun 17, 2006 at 8:10 AM
    • bus from Pecs to Balaton airport

by jlove2 Online Now May 19, 2006 at 7:04 PM

Hi!

I was trying to find online if there is a bus connection between Pecs and Balaton airport in Hungary or some near by place (Balatonszentgyörgy or Sarmellek) but I had no luck with it so far. I am considering booking a cheap flight from FlyBalaton airport but first I would like to know how to get there. Since I am from Osijek (Croatia) there's no problem for me to come to Pecs by car or train, but how to get to Balaton from there? I searched train connections and they all take to long, so I thought maybe there is some bus line that is more convenient?

Thanks for your help!

3 Answers Jun 22, 2006 at 10:03 AM
    • Weather problems

by lynnwoodson Online Now Dec 30, 2005 at 8:20 PM

We have been hearing tales of very bad weather, snow and cold, all over Europe. It is hard to tell from the news how things are in Hungary. The web is so general and does not tell us how it is hitting real people. We are going to be in Pecs in a couple of weeks. Is your current weather fit for down coats and warm boots. Are the trains running? I'm sure all will be warmer and lovely by the time we get there, but just in case.....

2 Answers Jan 1, 2006 at 6:40 AM
    • train station and Eotvos Lorand University

by lynnwoodson Online Now Oct 1, 2005 at 10:02 AM

Have to go to Budapest from Pecs on Fridays to teach at the university. We can get a place to stay at the school for about 60 Euro. Is this a good deal?

3 Answers Dec 24, 2005 at 5:52 AM
    • pecs map?

by caminito Online Now Jun 2, 2005 at 1:39 AM

I am traveling this weekend to Pecs, Hungary. this is my first time I am traveling with car and I am little worried because I dont know the streets of Pecs and I cant find city map to buy.
      Could anyone send me some kind city map of Pecs?

I thank in advance,

jellena

2 Answers Jun 2, 2005 at 6:19 AM
    • Hungarian classes in Pecs

by lynnwoodson Online Now May 23, 2005 at 4:48 PM

Anyone know of classes available for conversational Hungarian? Going to be there 6 months so we would like to be able to know what is going on.

3 Answers Sep 13, 2005 at 5:43 PM
    • 121chestnutridge's Profile Photo

Which one? Budapest to Keszthely or Budapest to Pecs?

by 121chestnutridge Online Now Apr 23, 2005 at 3:51 PM

My friend and I will be in Budapest May 8-11. We have two nights to travel somewhere else. Since we'll be in the city, I think I'd like to go to a slower-paced, country town (I'm tempted by lakes). Would you say Keszthely is this place, with a day trip to Heviz? I hear they have a music festival in May, too.

I've read about Pecs, and although it sounds very beautiful, it also sounds busy to me. Is it? If we had to see one place, which would it be and why?

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks, Jen

1 Answer Apr 15, 2006 at 12:19 PM
    • Pottery study in Pecs

by lynnwoodson Online Now Apr 20, 2005 at 4:11 PM

I am going to be in Pecs for 5 months starting in February. My husband has teaching job for the semester so I am going along.

I am a potter, functional dinnerware stuff, who would like to take classes or use a workshop while there. Anyone know anything about a studio that would put up with a temporary person?

1 Answer Oct 26, 2009 at 2:56 PM
    • bus transport from osijek(chroatia) to pecs

by rozhen Online Now Mar 18, 2005 at 6:08 AM

Hey friends,
      please tell me if there is a BUS from Osijek to Pecs!
      What is the timetable, where is the bus station and what the prices are.
      Actually I have to travel from Sofia to Pecs and I'm looking for the bes way.

Thank you!

Rozhen

4 Answers Mar 20, 2005 at 10:29 AM
    • dornfordyates's Profile Photo

Pecs flea markets, BAV's

by dornfordyates Online Now Jan 13, 2005 at 4:12 PM

I am visitng Pecs with my family in march on a saturday or sunday , is there a flea market there or any BAV shops ? which i so like in Budapest, also how long is the train journey between the two places, thanks Gregg s

4 Answers Jan 17, 2005 at 9:30 AM
    • accomodation near the pecs flea market

by Hadashe Online Now Nov 6, 2004 at 11:19 AM

Does anybody have recommondation for a nice low cost accomodation as near as possible to the pecs flea market ?

4 Answers Nov 7, 2004 at 2:30 AM
    • zajec's Profile Photo

short distance

by zajec Online Now Nov 2, 2004 at 12:39 AM

is there a direct train or bus line from Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro, to Pecs?

2 Answers Nov 3, 2004 at 2:58 PM
    • please please ........

by e.z.d Online Now Aug 25, 2004 at 8:41 AM

does anyone knows about appartments for rent in pecs ? or maybe an office that handel with housing? thanks.

• TRANSPORT

by ruta23 Online Now Mar 8, 2004 at 3:29 AM

IS THERE A DIRECT TRAIN SERVICE BETWEEN PECS AND ZAGREB IS IT A DIRECT LINE OR DOES ONE HAVE TO CHANGE TRAINS SOMEWHERE IS THERE A DIRECT BUS SERVICE BETWEEN PECS AND ZAGREB

2 Answers Mar 8, 2004 at 5:50 AM
    • joecooper's Profile Photo

Day trip from Budapest?

by joecooper Online Now Feb 18, 2004 at 2:20 PM

Is it feasible? How would I do it? Is it worth it? Thanks!

5 Answers Apr 20, 2005 at 9:43 AM
    • ocicat's Profile Photo

Zsolnay china

by ocicat Online Now May 9, 2003 at 11:58 AM

Is there a good place to get Zsolnay china? Can you get good quality "seconds"?

3 Answers Aug 4, 2003 at 1:26 AM