Pebble Beach Travel Answers

change location
vonbitch's Profile Photo

Playing PB Golf Course

by vonbitch Online Now Jan 23, 2010 at 4:02 AM

Will be in PB October 2010, travelling from Australia and my partner would like to play there.
I rang reservations and they told me unless if you were staying at their accommodation you could make long term golf booking but if you chose to stay elsewhere you could only book the day before. Accommodation and the golf combined is way out of our budget so we will have to stay elsewhere. My question is how easy will it be to get a game if I can only book the day before? Also is there a member of VT that is a member of PB and could help me get a game for my partner on Saturday 2nd or Sunday 3rd of October?
Thakx for your help

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: Playing PB Golf Course

by travelgourmet Online Now Jan 23, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Most likely there will not be any opening for start times on a Saturday or Sunday. The weekends are usually booked with guests of the hotels. Unless you are set on playing Pebble Beach Links, there are three other courses on site at lower rates. The highest 18 hole rate is Pebble Beach Links. Following PB in order of lower rates are Spyglass Hill, The Links at Spanish Bay, and Del Monte. Of course, if the economy in America doesn't improve, your chances of open start times increases. Look at their website for information: http://www.pebblebeach.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

by Odinnthor Online Now Jan 23, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Stump Tim is correct regarding staying at the lodge, and obtaining a room on the 18th is a bonus. Here is all the information you need regarding Pebble beach and the surrounding area. If you strike out for some reason, travelgourmet had good choices for other connected courses.

Pebble Beach Things to Do Tips by Odinnthor

• vonbitch's Profile Photo

by vonbitch Online Now Jan 23, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Thanks Stumptim
    Spoke to my hubbie and we decided to bite the bullet and pay n stay for one night (like you suggested)so he could get his game. It just means we have about1300AUD less to spend at Vegas (LOL), and like you he can cross it off his bucket list. We are going all that way and landing in San Francisco specifically so he can play golf there. Two years ago we drove through PB on our way to LA before we left OZ I asked him if he wanted to play at PB, his reply was 'I don't care how great the course is I'm never going to pay495US to play there, they can shove it up their ****'. The only thing was when we went into the Lodge and looked down the 18th fairway he changed his mind but it was totally booked out, he was so diappointed. I was going to ring today but by the time we got home from playing golf the US time was 6.30pm Saturday. Going to take your advice and ask for room 152. You helped me make my mind up, Thanks Gina

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines