Pebble Beach Travel Answers

change location

Traveling to Pebble Beach

by pbbound Online Now Jul 5, 2008 at 11:08 AM

The PB resorts give three different airports as possibilities to travel into: Monterrey, San Francisco, or San Jose. Where do you recommend that we fly into? From all of them, the drive seems long. Any advice on getting from the airport to the resorts? Finally, if we are staying at the resort, is renting a car really necessary?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • olddude's Profile Photo

Re: Traveling to Pebble Beach

by olddude Online Now Jul 5, 2008 at 12:01 PM

If you have never been to to the Monterey Peninsula, I think you would be really missing out if you didn't rent a car. There is just too much outside of the resorts to see and do that a rental car would be necessary for. Incidentally, the drive from the Monterey Airport is only 20 minutes, so that would be your "best" airport to fly into. Is all you intend to do is play golf?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lostsooner55's Profile Photo

by lostsooner55 Online Now Jul 5, 2008 at 12:09 PM

The Monterey airport is as close as you can get. You might wish to check out their web site: www.montereyairport.com. The site has links for arriving flights, which allows you to pick an airport to fly in from. It also has links for rental cars, and other transport. I would go to the resort web site to see if they run an airport shuttle, or shuttles to Carmel or Monterey in case you do decide you wish to get out a bit. For me, personally, I would want to have a car, just so I did have the option of travelling if I wished, or eating a meal off the resort property. Gary

• Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

by Jamesr3939 Online Now Jul 5, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Depends on how long and where you plan to stay. Monterrey airport is very close and if the price/schedule is good then do it. Next would be San Jose under the same critera. SFO would be my last choice.

As for a car, it depends on how long you plan to stay and what you plan to do. If you go for a few days and plan to play golf every day then don't get a car. The resorts are awesome and have more than enough good places to eat. They run a shuttle between PBL and Spanish Bay Inn.

I have stayed at both several times and my choice is SBI, but PBL has more interesting rooms with real wood burning fireplaces.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines