Pau

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Free parking

Saint-Jean-de-Luz Mar 23, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Is there still free parking at the train station? Even in high season? Thanks!

more
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

What is The Negress ?

Biarritz Mar 25, 2014 at 6:04 AM

I see that the rail station in Biarritz is a long way from town centre ,my question is what is the Negress is this a district or a street in centre. ?

more
    • Jobs in Biarritz France

Biarritz Mar 24, 2014 at 5:40 AM

What kind of jobs do the regular people Biarritz have? What is the economy like?

more
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Ophorus Tours from Sarlat - choices

Sarlat-la-Canéda Apr 11, 2014 at 5:35 AM

My trip to France is coming up and I have time to make a few modifications. I signed up for a tour with this company from Sarlat for a 1/2 day tour to Rocamadour for 70euros, but I seem to be the only one on the tour so far and Ophorus specifies that if no one else goes on this tour, I must pay for another person (that's fine, i'm ok iwth it). However, I also wanted to see Collonges La Rouge and they offer a private tour (no minimum people) to Collonges la Rouge and Carennac for 280euros (but no Rocamadour). Or, for 380euros (yikes!), I can get a private tour of Collonges la Roughe, CArennac, Rocamadour, and Turenne. I'm a scenic photographer so Rocamadour and CLR really appeal to me but oh, that price! I can do 250euros but 380 seems excessive for an 8 hour tour BUT I will do it if it seems reasonable to those who have been there? Apparently, Ophorus is the only one that does tours in this area, so I'm limited in my options. So, if it comes down to it, would you suggest I do the whole thing, some of it, or stick with Rocamadour? I've kinda got an answer brewing in my head but I wanted some other opinions to hammer down my choice.

more
    • Altus Poncho

Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port Mar 31, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Is there a outdoor or sporting goods store in SJdPP that sells Altus Poncho rain gear?
      I plan with some friends to walk the camino again in August and the Altus is not available in the U.S. and I wonder if I might find it in St Jean? Thank you.
      Paul

more
    • shunra's Profile Photo

Crossing over the Pyrenees in September

Oloron-Sainte-Marie Apr 9, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Hello everybody.
      Has anybody driven a car through the Col du Somport pass? Was it difficult? Maybe we had better drive through the tunnel? Are there any other possibilities?
      (We will be traveling in September)
      Thanks in advance!

more
    • Go to Mauleon-Licharre from Pau

by stlee17a1 Online Now Jun 9, 2011 at 9:41 AM

We are thinking of visiting Paris and make trips from Paris to Mauleon-Licharre. My mother-in-law is coming on this trip and we are trying to search for the Tellagorry family history (that is her ancestors)which we believe is from Mauleon-Licharre. She is 70 years old so travelling comfortably from Paris to Pau is important. I figure Pau must be the first stop from Paris either flying or by train before we can go to Mauleon-Licharre. Any suggestion would be very appreciated.

3 Answers Jun 15, 2011 at 10:48 AM
    • I just moved to Pau, France

by avgurlu2 Online Now May 3, 2011 at 11:58 PM

i just moved to Pau about 2 weeks ago is there many one who lives here thats around mid or late 20's that speaks english a little. And i wanted to know some good restaurants to take my husband.

1 Answer May 15, 2011 at 6:16 PM
    • Turkey

by carolinka Online Now Oct 29, 2010 at 4:14 AM

Where can I get a large turkey for christmas Frozen! about 10 kilos

• going to pau

by avgurlu2 Online Now Oct 5, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Does anyone know where I can see pictures of the military housing in Pau, France? Or even the apartments or houses in Pau.

5 Answers Oct 7, 2010 at 2:22 PM
    • Going to live in Pau

by avgurlu2 Online Now Sep 28, 2010 at 7:38 PM

I'm from san diego,CA and my husband is french. We have 2 children under 4, and I have never been to Pau, but we will be there for 3 years because he is in the french military, I wanted to know if anyone had some information on what I should expect there, and if it's kid friendly? Also does anyone live there?

4 Answers Sep 29, 2010 at 1:33 AM
    • scallens's Profile Photo

Driving in the Pyrennes

by scallens Online Now Jun 7, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Around the first of October we will be driving from Carcassone to San Sebastian. We would like to take the scenic route through the mountains on roads like the D918. Are these roads generally open at that time of year or should we expect the snow to close them by then?

1 Answer Jun 10, 2010 at 7:41 AM
    • tour de france

by tctvl Online Now May 26, 2010 at 2:08 PM

need transportation from hotel in Pau to montain to view race. Please advise

• Hotel Bristol

by PatriciaTaylor Online Now Mar 16, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I am having great difficulty booking a room in the Hotel Bristol, 3 rue Gambetta, 64000, Pau, France. Can you please help

2 Answers Mar 16, 2010 at 11:51 AM
    • horse racing in pau

by davedge Online Now Dec 24, 2009 at 5:44 AM

hi i am going to pau in early febuary and would like to go horse racing could any body help with dates and travel from pau to and from te racecourse

thanks davedge

2 Answers Dec 26, 2009 at 3:53 AM
    • Rout from Pau to condom by public transport

by onetoothmissing Online Now Aug 11, 2009 at 2:14 PM

I need to get from Pau to Condom. Is there a direct route to take with a bus or a train. How much does it cost. thankyou.

1 Answer Aug 12, 2009 at 12:24 AM
    • Vieux Boucau

by aadkamsteeg Online Now Jul 28, 2009 at 12:37 PM

My question is:
      On August 13 I'll arrive by air from Amsterdam in Pau. Then my destination is Vieux Boucou near Messagnes/Soustons..
      Is there any bus that goes from Pau to that area? Or do I have to go by train to Dax or Bayonne?
      Can you give me any advise?
      Thank you in advance.
      Aad Kamsteeg

1 Answer Jul 28, 2009 at 12:52 PM
    • Last train from Pau to Lourdes

by alohame Online Now May 8, 2009 at 7:18 AM

Hi,
      I will be travelling on the 11th of June to Lourdes and will be arriving in Pau by Transavia at 21.00 hrs.Is it too late for us to catch a train to Lourdes from Pau train station? Where can I find a train schedule for trains from Pau to Lourdes and return?
      Thanks

4 Answers May 10, 2009 at 10:06 AM
    • Moving to Pau with kids

by zmondegarian Online Now May 5, 2009 at 8:43 AM

I have two kids under 4 years and we are all moving to Pau this august.Does anyone know what its like for young families.We live in canada right now and how much different will it be for kids there.I know they will have to learn french and so will I but other than that is it a kids friendly place?
      We will also be renting there (rent will be covered by the company) so anybody know of a good website where we can look for homes.

Any information will be highly appreciated.

Zeba

5 Answers May 6, 2009 at 12:52 AM
    • Places to vist by car within say 100 km of Pau

by Topman53 Online Now Mar 28, 2009 at 3:54 AM

Have booked 4 nights / 5 days in Pau for april and will be hiring a car for whole period Seems there is quite a lot to do in the city itself but want to explore as well

Can someone please suggest key places to visit outside of PAU - any help would be great

4 Answers Apr 17, 2009 at 7:05 AM
    • Travel

by Berna42 Online Now Apr 10, 2008 at 9:39 AM

My question is to get from Pau to Lourdes is there a bus if so what are the times that it leaves and what time does it return to Pau

1 Answer Apr 10, 2008 at 9:57 AM
    • heathersq's Profile Photo

french language classes in pau or elsewhere scenic?

by heathersq Online Now Feb 1, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Hi, I'm hoping to do 3-4weeks of french language training in France, and looking for recommendations on where,what school, etc. I love the Pyrenees (walking etc) thus am drawn to Pau, though have never been. I'm hoping to register for something for late Feb or early March. I'm in my 30s thus am not overly keen on a very young/schoolish type of french language school. All ideas and advice greatly appreciated.

2 Answers Feb 2, 2008 at 5:23 PM
    • can you recommend a sports bar in Pau?

by mvperry Online Now Jan 16, 2008 at 1:29 PM

I'm traveling for business with some colleagues, and we wanted to watch the AFC championship game (American football) on Sunday for the playoffs. Can anyone recommend a bar where we can go, as the hotel doesn’t have the channels? My research says it will be on Sky 2 and NASN.

Thanks!

• The Little London Larder

by malc21 Online Now Nov 3, 2007 at 5:02 AM

What is the exact address of the shop, might give me half a chance of finding it!

1 Answer Dec 15, 2007 at 9:36 AM
    • Transportation in Pau

by gigi&joy Online Now May 22, 2007 at 7:12 AM

Can anyone tell me how to travel from the Pau Airport to the Pau train station?
      I am travelling to Lourdes and the connections are very bad for me. I have traveled throughout France many times, but don't know where to locate this information. Any help would be appreciated. Please E-mail me at Aruhito@aol.com
      Thank You.

2 Answers Dec 15, 2007 at 9:46 AM
    • How to best get from Pau, France to St. Jean Pied de Port, France?

by michaelaneil Online Now Mar 29, 2007 at 8:07 PM

I expect to be in Pau, France in late May and wish to get from there to St. Jean Pied de Port, and can't seem to find any connections. I would like to have the matter handled before I leave the US, rather than having to handle it 'on the road'.
      Information would be greatly appreciated.
      If you would be so kind as to reply to my regular email address, artfulm@yahoo.com I would appreciate it.
      Sincerely,
      Michael

• DaveyPou's Profile Photo

Commuting from Pau to Lacq

by DaveyPou Online Now Mar 15, 2007 at 4:40 PM

Is there public transit from Pau to Lacq or must I hire a car to get there?

1 Answer Mar 15, 2007 at 10:10 PM
    • Living in Pau this summer

by SammyPou Online Now Mar 12, 2007 at 4:43 PM

Hi. My boyfriend and I are moving to Pau from the US for 3 months this summer and I wanted any advice on where we should live. Where is the center of town or a good area to live that is walking distance from restaurants, things to do, etc? Second, do you know what internet sites are good for short term rentals? (in the US we use craigslist). I'd really appreciate any help you could give me! Thank you so much!

5 Answers Mar 15, 2007 at 2:20 AM
    • hotels near airport

by beranie Online Now Mar 1, 2007 at 9:29 AM

Hi - myself and my brother will be spending a night in Pau in April and are looking for a very cheap hotel. Does anyone know if the Pau Etap or Formule 1 hotels are within walking distance of the airport? Is it easy to get into town for the evening (bearing in mind that usually Etap hotels seem to be located in remote parts of town)? Can anyone recommend anywhere else (for round the 30 euro mark)? Just wondered. Merci buckets.

• Trains or planes from ireland to pau?

by grainnemhaol Online Now Dec 29, 2006 at 4:05 PM

We are a couple travelling to a house swap in Pau from Northern Ireland in July 2007. We want to find the best way to go, and would like to fade our carbon footprint a bit by trying the train, if it is not too awkward.

We could get to London by bus or train and ferry and transfer from there if necessary.If this looks impossible we will try planes but it looks as though this may involve flying Dun=blin or Belfast to Stansted and then Ryanair to Pau airport.

Any ideas?

• ancailinolochgarman's Profile Photo

Weather in Pau??

by ancailinolochgarman Online Now Aug 21, 2006 at 6:18 AM

I'm moving to Pau for Erasmus from September to January and would like to know what type of weather to expect?

• Pau, France- info from someone who's been there?

by amariel Online Now Aug 11, 2006 at 7:46 AM

I am looking to move to Pau, France. Could someone who's visited Pau, please tell me their thoughts on the area? I would like to know what they thought of the people, the climate, the location.... the general feel of the city? In other words, is it a decent place to live?

3 Answers Aug 12, 2006 at 10:23 AM
    • transportation to Sarlat

by knudie Online Now Jun 16, 2006 at 6:57 PM

We are going to be in Pau in early October. What public transportation options are available to get from Pau to Sarlat? Anyone know schedules for trains or bus? Thanks

2 Answers Jun 21, 2006 at 7:29 AM
    • New Year's Eve Night in Pau

by schoozey Online Now Nov 11, 2003 at 12:28 AM

My girlfriend and I are looking for THE place to be on the last day of the year.We have booked ourselves a hotel in the centre of Pau but we don't know where to go! We are in our 30's,like good food/wine/music/clubs/dance and generally up for a good time. We speak French or English and have lived for many years in London.Also have been around the world back-packing and as 'woofers' .Love animals/ nature,care for the enviroment and ride cycles and motorcycles .

• Tallylite's Profile Photo

Travel and lodging around Pau

by Tallylite Online Now Aug 12, 2003 at 4:00 PM

We looked at some of the destinations listed on Ryanair and decided to add Pau Pyrenees to our September travel plans. We will be there four days. We have no idea where it is...(we do know it is 20 miles from Lourdes) but heard it is beautiful. Could someone give us some informtion and point us in the right direction..in terms of food and lodging? Thank you, Kathy

1 Answer Aug 13, 2003 at 2:50 AM