Pau Travel Answers

change location

Go to Mauleon-Licharre from Pau

by stlee17a1 Online Now Jun 9, 2011 at 9:41 AM

We are thinking of visiting Paris and make trips from Paris to Mauleon-Licharre. My mother-in-law is coming on this trip and we are trying to search for the Tellagorry family history (that is her ancestors)which we believe is from Mauleon-Licharre. She is 70 years old so travelling comfortably from Paris to Pau is important. I figure Pau must be the first stop from Paris either flying or by train before we can go to Mauleon-Licharre. Any suggestion would be very appreciated.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: Go to Mauleon-Licharre from Pau

by cubsur Online Now Jun 9, 2011 at 10:03 AM

A train ride to Pau will take a little over 5 hours from Paris Montparnasse on the direct TGV trains. You can get some really good deals by booking tickets well in advance - maximum is 90 days. Go to www.voyages-sncf.com, for times and more information.

There is also an overnight sleeping car train.

Air France flies five or six times each day from Paris Orly West to Pau airport. The flight takes an hour and 20 minutes. But when you add the time to get to the airport, stand in line for security and check-in etc that's going to be three hours or more. Timewise the plane might only be a little quicker, so price may come more into it.

You will need to hire a car once in Pau as public transport to and from Mauleon-Licharre is non existent. There are two buses a day from Puyoo station to Mauleon but it is nearly an hour's ride.

I hope that helps and that your trip works out.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Go to Mauleon-Licharre from Pau

by stlee17a1 Online Now Jun 9, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate it.

• Re: Go to Mauleon-Licharre from Pau

by stlee17a1 Online Now Jun 15, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Thank you so much for the information. I am now planning the trip more and realize Bordeaux is close to Pau. So I think it would be a great trip for us to fly to Paris from Boston, stay there and do all the things in Paris, then take a train to Bordeaux and explore the city and use that as a base. I am wondering instead of using Pau as a base to go to Mauleon-Licharre, perhaps I can do a day trip from Bordeaux instead? Like wake up in the morning, drag everyone to get onto a train to Pau, then hire a car from Pau to Mauleon, spend 3 hours there and head back to Bordeaux. Is that possible? Am I trying something too crazy or out of my mind? Please advise. Thanks a lot.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines