Pau Travel Answers

change location

Transportation in Pau

by gigi&joy Online Now May 22, 2007 at 7:12 AM

Can anyone tell me how to travel from the Pau Airport to the Pau train station?
I am travelling to Lourdes and the connections are very bad for me. I have traveled throughout France many times, but don't know where to locate this information. Any help would be appreciated. Please E-mail me at Aruhito@aol.com
Thank You.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation in Pau

by qaminari Online Now May 22, 2007 at 3:05 PM

Firstly, please don't ask people to e-mail you with this sort of information, the whole point of a site like this is for others to benefit from the answers in case they have similar questions!
    Secondly, the information about buses between the airport and station (40 mins) is on Pau Airport's website: if you are arriving by the Ryanair flight at 09:15 at least, you will be fine, see pau.aeroport.fr/acces/navett....
    At any other time, you will probably have to take a taxi.
    Pau to Lourdes only takes 30 minutes but it is true that the connections aren't great as you will probably miss the 10:41 (arr. 11:10), and the next trains aren't till 13:18 (arr. 13:47: TGV) and 13:41 (arr. 14:12)
    A shared taxi/minibus all the way from Pau Airport to Lourdes should cost around €40 with www.alliance-taxis-lourdes.com.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Transportation in Pau

by frenchfrank Online Now Dec 15, 2007 at 9:46 AM

Just take the navette (airport bus) to Place de Clemenceau which takes about 15-20 minutes. It's then a 5 minute walk across the square south to the Boulevard des Pyrenees. Turn right and passing the Irish bar, Australian bar, etc. taking in the great view of the mountains, you will reach the funicular railway on your left. Descend to the bottom - it's free - and opposite you is the railway station.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines