Pau Travel Answers

change location

Pau, France- info from someone who's been there?

by amariel Online Now Aug 11, 2006 at 7:46 AM

I am looking to move to Pau, France. Could someone who's visited Pau, please tell me their thoughts on the area? I would like to know what they thought of the people, the climate, the location.... the general feel of the city? In other words, is it a decent place to live?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • aaaarrgh's Profile Photo

RE: Pau, France- info from someone who's been there?

by aaaarrgh Online Now Aug 11, 2006 at 10:01 AM

I've been there several times and find it a very pleasant, tastful city. Reasonably close to the mountains and the sea. Good rail links and cheapo flights to the London and Amsterdam. Apparently it is reasonably expensive to live there these days, it comes across to me as quite a well-to-do city, particularly with all the large 'English' villas. The surrounding countyside and nearby towns are very idiosyncratic, being in the heart of the ancient kingdom of Bearn.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

RE: Pau, France- info from someone who's been there?

by Beausoleil Online Now Aug 11, 2006 at 9:06 PM

Hi. You haven't listed any of your interests on your Home Page so it's a bit difficult to know what you are looking for.

The people are very friendly; the location is absolutely stunning. It's a pleasant small city with, as mentioned above, excellent connections to the rest of the world. They do get winter. Don't know how you feel about that. Summer is gorgeous.

Give us a little more information as to what you want, and you may get some more answers.

Good luck.

• RE: Pau, France- info from someone who's been there?

by lebutim Online Now Aug 12, 2006 at 10:23 AM

I am french and I have been living in pau for 2years, actually this is a great city and it's always getting better as there are a lot of changings made to melt the old part of the city with a busy place. There is a great castle and aroud old houses from de 15th century, but there is also victorians english houses with hudge parks. On the "boulevard des pyrenees" you can admire the mountains having a drink or walking.
    people are very nice and helpfull. it's an hour far from the beah and the mountains but it's not expensive compared to the other big french city.
    plus you can live out of the city in the country without being far.
    the summer is great and the winter not so cold, it does'nt rain a lot.
    to answer your question, yes, it really is a decent place to live and you're just going to love it as everybody does!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines