Pattipola

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Dressing for evening dinner

Sri Lanka Feb 3, 2015 at 1:25 PM

My wife and I are traveling to South west Sri Lanka and central (tea plantations etc), with our two 12 yr olds, last week March first week of April. We will be taking practical cool clothes for the day. we are staying at smaller hotels. We intend to eat there or out at restaurants/cafes. Wondering what we should pack for evening/dinner clothes. Is it smarter shorts and t-shirts or smarter casual?
      Any other advice on clothes and luggage welcome. we are travelling with a driver.

more
    • Negumbo - How to spend one day/evening

Sri Lanka Feb 5, 2015 at 9:32 AM

My wife and I with 2 x 12yr olds will spend one whole day and an evening in Negumbo. We arrive 9am and leave early the next morning. We will need a bit of rest! Any ideas of how to enjoy the day/evening. This is our first trip to Sri Lanka.
      We generally enjoy wandering and experiencing our surroundings. we enjoy good food and drink to!

more
    • Sri Lanka Itinerary Help Needed

Sri Lanka Feb 18, 2015 at 12:52 PM

Hello there!

I need your advice on the itinerary below, any suggestions are very much appreciated. Does this itinerary look okay? Is there anything else you would suggest in addition or in place of the below?

Day 1 Arrive Colombo noon travel straight to Kandy - 3 Nights Kandy

Day 2 Explore Kandy

Day 3 Day trip to Polonnaruwa

Day 4 Day trip to either Anurahadpura or Sigirya due to limited time which of these places would you recommend

Travel from Kandy to Matara - 2 nights stay Matara

Day 5 Matara Day trip Yala National Park - would you recommend a nearest National Park which is good for safari?

Day 6 Matara Day trip whale watching in Mirrisa

Travel from Matara to Colombo for a 1 am flight.

Thank you!

more
    • How to plan a trip - agency or not?

Sri Lanka Feb 4, 2015 at 3:50 PM

My husband and I are planning a trip to Sri Lanka in March 2015 (20-29th), and would like to see Dambulla, Sigiriya, Kandy, tea plantation, and then Yala or some other national park plus 3-4 days on the beach chilling and relaxing. Is this possible or is it too much? Can I arrange all this there with public transport or taxi from a hotel, or should I find some agency in advance to do that for me?
      Which beach do you recommend? We were thinking Bentota or Hikkaduwa, ali other suggestions? Is it possible to swim there or is it just for relaxing on the beach?

Thanks for all your help,

Nives

more