change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Induc's Profile Photo

Visit to safari world

Bangkok Feb 18, 2015 at 4:00 AM

I ma taking kids to Bangkok and would like to visit Dreamworld and safari world. I would like to know if they have shows in English language. If not, then is it possible to get translation of script in English

more
    • mickey.p's Profile Photo

Where to stay, what to do and weather in July?

Bangkok Feb 28, 2015 at 5:28 PM

I am looking at 3-4 nights in Bangkok in July with my partner and teenage son.

Any suggestions on areas to stay with easy access to transport and western eateries (Autistic son will not eat non western food!).

We are more than happy with Ibis, Holiday Inn type chains but open to alternatives too. I have booked the Rembradt many times but I am trying to keep costs down without cost to standard.

Any suggestions on what to do would also be great - we have temples, floating market on the list and it has been suggested that we do the River Kwai trip too, oh and a Tiger Temple but I know nothing of this.

We love to shop and explore cultures, happy to take our son to see ladyboys etc - we are very open minded and don't hide him from the world.

more
    • hiring entertainment

Ko Chang Feb 20, 2015 at 3:20 AM

Hello. I was wondering if you can help.
      I am getting in married in Koh Chang on April 5th. It is just a small wedding on the beach and for after the meal we want a singer/guitarist to play (background music and so people can have a dance, new music and classics). Our previous entertainer is unable to attend and wondered if there is anyone you can recommend? Your help is very much appreciated.
      Many thanks

Ian

more
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Best Venues For Buffet Lunch At Better Hotels Or Restaurants.

Bangkok Feb 9, 2015 at 1:24 AM

Have Just Arrived In Bangkok For 5 Nights And Would Like To Take My Wife For Lunch Or Afternoon Tea Whilst Here This Week
      2 Years Since We Last Visited And Enjoyed Lunch At The Oriental, A Few Years Earlier Buffet At Peninsula Hotel, Was Just OK.
      Also Enjoy The Shanghri La Hotel Buffet And The Hyatt Erawan Afternoon Thai High Tea.

Appreciat Any Suggestions.

more
    • Transportation from Trat Airport to Trat City

Trat Feb 5, 2015 at 5:30 AM

Does anyone know if there are songtaews from Trat Airport to Trat City. If so, does anyone by any chance have the phone number of a reliable songtaew?

I will be going there in April 2015. So far the only transportation I have been able to find is the overpriced service by Bangkok Airways and Koh Chang Minibus.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • 3 days at Bangkok - advice

Bangkok Feb 28, 2015 at 8:08 AM

Hi , I am travelling to Bangkok from Singapore for couple of days arriving BKK on 25 th March and returning back to Dubai on 28 th 3 pm. I will reach BKK around 2 pm and expected to be out by 3 -3.30 and planning to catch a city line raillink from airport and then the bts Sky train to ploen chit to my hotel Majestic grande. Next day I am planning the Temple trips in the morning.
      1.Please advice the best time and way to go to the temple? Nana to silom to takin and then river appears to be the best from the various answers in the site?
      2. How long it will take to cover the temples and grand palace?
      3. what else I can do on that day ? Or the temple hoping and palace itself is too much for a day?
      4 any advice for the next day I e 27 th Marching Bangkok or for a short side trip? No pan to tiger temple or ayuthaya anyway, but like to go floating market if it's not just a touristy thing and possible.
      5 on 28 th March , I am flying back to dubai by 3 pm flight. Being a Saturday how early I should start from sukhumvit hotel and what is the best mode of transportation to airport ? Same bts+ city lane or taxi?
      I am a solo traveller.

Thanks,

Jarim

more
    • Induc's Profile Photo

Money withdrawal in bangkok

Bangkok Feb 18, 2015 at 4:04 AM

I am given to understand that Thai government charges lot of money for each transaction on credit or debit card. Is there a Bank ATM where we can withdraw Thai currency with no extra Government levies.
      Induc

more
    • Taxi from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport to Ban Phe Pier

Ko Samet Feb 6, 2015 at 10:23 PM

How much is a taxi directly from the airport to Ban Phe Pier (to go on to Ko Samet)? Is there a difference in price if we prebook a taxi vs just getting one at the airport once we arrive? Thanks

more
    • watashi's Profile Photo

Is Pataya sin city?

by watashi Online Now Nov 5, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Looking fr a nice safe quiet beach to go to near Bangkok but Pataya sounds pretty corrupted with scams etc. Any nice beach recommendation for a couple of 60 something Americans?

8 Answers Nov 25, 2014 at 2:35 PM
    • Ezio4890's Profile Photo

[Please help plan our trip] 5 day trip to Bangkok/Pattaya

by Ezio4890 Online Now Oct 8, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Hi friends,

Me and my 3 friends are planning our first international trip to bangkok/pattaya for about 5 days. Kindly help us to plan our 5 day trip like how many days in bangkok and how many days to stay in pattaya (we have a plan of 2 day bangkok and 3 days in pattaya). I would appreciate if any of you can sketch out a day by day plan. We would like to know which are the places to visit in bangkok/pattaya? where to stay ? expesnes ? etc.

This may seem tedious but thanks for considering it and replying.

I strongly believe the answer would be a great guide and help all other people planning to visit bangkok and pattaya.

I too hope will become a valuable contributor after my trip.

Cheers

5 Answers Oct 9, 2014 at 11:37 PM
    • hirdy's Profile Photo

Transfer from Pattaya International Airport to our Hotel in Pattaya

by hirdy Online Now Sep 21, 2014 at 6:43 AM

We are after a transfer from the Pattaya International airport UTAPAO transferring 3 adults with luggage to our hotel at the Mecure which is near second road in Pattaya, thanks for your help

5 Answers Oct 27, 2014 at 7:52 AM
    • DigvijayS's Profile Photo

pan masala

by DigvijayS Online Now Aug 25, 2014 at 1:14 AM

Can i take pan masala along from india to thailand ?

1 Answer Aug 25, 2014 at 10:24 AM
    • GIRLS TRIP TO PATTAYA

by MMGG Online Now Aug 8, 2014 at 12:45 AM

WHAT DO GROUP OF GIRLS DO IN PATTAYA

6 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 3:18 AM
    • cDeeDee123's Profile Photo

Reaching Nong Nooch Village from pattaya beach Road

by cDeeDee123 Online Now Jul 23, 2014 at 2:02 AM

My hotel is very near to pattaya beach road. How can I reach Nong Nooch village by public transport?

4 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 5:49 AM
    • Hotels in Pattaya

by DeniseG53 Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 6:39 PM

We are considering going to Pattaya for the first time next year and having looked at the ranges of hotels available am totally confused, especially not knowing which area would be best for us. We would like to stay in an area easily accessible to shopping/restaurants/nightlife, however we don't want to stay where we can hear the nightlife all night, if that makes sense. Can someone please point us in the right direction to what area of Pattaya would be good. We are a couple in our mid-late 50's. Our price range per night is about AUS$50-AUS100 per night. Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 7:44 AM
    • maheshk's Profile Photo

Are safe from Bangkok to Pattay

by maheshk Online Now Jun 1, 2014 at 8:48 PM

I'm travelling to pattaya from Bangkok on 18th June until 22nd June. I would like to know the situation and safe to travel. Please advise.Thanks

1 Answer Jun 3, 2014 at 3:12 PM
    • vacation to thailand???

by the4th Online Now May 17, 2014 at 1:30 AM

I just want to visit Thailand to experience their culture, night life, and take some cool tours. None of us do drugs or anything like that. After reading some of these comments I'm a little nervous. Is it illegal to obtain the company of a woman there? How safe of a country is it?

6 Answers May 18, 2014 at 5:17 AM
    • tour operator for sightseeing

by MitilC Online Now May 13, 2014 at 5:00 AM

Is there any sightseeing tour operated by tourism authority of Thailand in Pattaya? ??? Or is there any authorised tour agent of tourism authority of Thailand for Pattaya sightseeing (Nong nooch village, Coral island)

2 Answers May 15, 2014 at 1:14 PM
    • Sorry Bar Closed

by travlad Online Now Apr 27, 2014 at 11:42 PM

I was over in Thailand and Cambodia recently, flew out to Bangkok on the 1st, flew back to Heathrow on the 30th, spent first two weeks in Cambodia ( Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville ) a few days in Hau Hin, then finished up in Jomtiem, normaly I spend the whole time in Pattaya these days if I go on my own but was traveling with a friend who likes to see different places. On our second to last night we were out having a few or more beers and heard in various bars that due to the elections being held, the next day (our last before traveling back) in the night all the bars would be closed. This is not the the first time I've encountered this so knew although the majority of places would adhere to this there was bound to be a few bars any many of the restraunts where we could still get a beer. I Went out with my mate fairly late around 9:30pm and walked down the Soi on to Beach Road, began to walk along Beach Road and everything appeared pretty normal all the restraunts along Beach Road were open and full of customers many of which where drinking. It wasn't untill turning into the next Soi which was usualy very busy we noticed any diffefence, no longer where we greeted by the chorus of WeeeeelCOME!! Come inside, Would you like some drink, Hey! Hey! Where you go sexy man? The place was dead however a few bars had the shutters up so we walked toward the first one which still apeared open but were turned away this happened time and time again even thou there were groups of Thais sat drinking bottles of Chang we were told we could either have a non alcoholic drink or buy take aways but that was it, then a English man at one bar directed us down an alley and told us if we wanted a drink "follow that alley till you get to the end then turn right and head to top of the road" where he'd heard there were a few bars open for drinks. Eventaly we found a couple of places with pool tables and T.Vs showing football which were indeed open, sat down in one ordered a few Singhas started chatting ordered a couple more beers, next thing two Thai police officers turned up on motorbikes, one walked into the bar took the bill out of the checkbin pot of the two guys on the table next to us looked at the two men and shock his head then pulled out his phone, photographed the bill and the two customers and called to one of, infact the only girl left in the now staffless bar to fetch the manager, the other policeman proceeded to take pictures of the bar in general and then of each table and the customers sat there, us included. There was a German guy who must of had something to with the place who passed his drink back behind the bar and went outside to make a call both police helped thereselves to a drink as a Thai guy appeared and began talking and waving his hands in despair, luckly we had already paid our bill so decided to make a quick exit and head back toward our hotel, as we got near the hotel we found another small place which was open and went in, the old lady sat us down and brought us two beers in coffee cups and wouldn't allow the bottles to be visable on the table, after this we decided it was to much hassel and to get an early night which propably wasn't a bad thing due to the fact we had to be up at 7am to catch the bus to the airport.
      Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences with bars closing on certain days? What the rules are for restraunts? We were in Jomtiem but there was no mention of whether this was happening everywhere, if we'd of got the bus to Pattaya do you think we could have got a drink somewhere? Or do they even close the bars and clubs in Walking Street on such nights?

11 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    • HOTEL SELECTION

by KridhaC Online Now Apr 26, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I am confused about which hotel to select between Page 10 Hotel, Intimate Hotel by Tom Boutique, Bella Villa Prima and Sawai Wing. Please suggest which will be the best and will be near to all entertainment.

11 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 5:50 AM
    • Hotel compare

by MitilC Online Now Apr 25, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Which will be the best hotel option for booking in accordance to position and facilities among Bella Villa Prima Hotel, Sabai Wing, The Bayview Pattaya, Page 10 Hotel, Intimate Hotel by Tim Boutique Hotel, Pattaya Bay Resort.

2 Answers Apr 26, 2014 at 4:00 AM
    • Good Hotels near Pattaya beach

by MitilC Online Now Apr 24, 2014 at 4:40 AM

Can anyone suggest me a good hotel at Central Pattaya near Pattaya Beach. My price range is 2500-3000 THB

5 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 8:49 AM
    • barney1987's Profile Photo

Weather In Pattaya in the first week of May

by barney1987 Online Now Apr 21, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Hi,

I have been to Thailand this year already, where I visited in January and had perfect weather with slight cloud at times. I know May is the start of the monsoon season but I was wondering what it would be like from the 1st May for 1 week? I know it will be hot. With the rain, will there still be some days of clear sun to tan or will it just be cloudy? I've read mixed things..some say it will be clear most days until 4 pm when the rain starts. Others say that it will be cloudy and hot with no sun. I'm looking at just going somewhere that's cheap when I'm out there and to get some winter sun!

I'll be flying into Bangkok so will either go to Pattaya for a close beach or get a flight to Phuket.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Barney

4 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    • where shall i go

by LouS39 Online Now Apr 21, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Hua-hin or jomtien beech pattay

9 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 7:21 PM
    • When did Travelers Cheques become so expensive to exchange for cash?

by travlad Online Now Apr 19, 2014 at 3:17 PM

When did Travelers Cheques become so expensive to exchange? I recently returned from a four week trip to Cambodia and Thailand, had a bit trouble getting T.C's before I left, Marks and Spencer no longer deal with them but managed to get some from the Post Office, have been using them for years and always found them to be the best way to carry large amounts of money when traveling. Last year it was cost about 20 to 30 Baht per T.C to exchange to local currencey however there is now a charge of 150 Baht per T.C Luckly I also took a Caxton FX prepaid card with me so was able to use this instead. Just wondering how long such a high fee has been in place?

19 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    • early morning baht busses

by vandan Online Now Apr 18, 2014 at 12:35 PM

do baht busses run up and down Pattaya Klang from 3rd rd to 2nd rd/Beach rd at 3 or 5 am?

5 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 5:33 AM
    • what soi number is soi Diana ?

by vandan Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 1:08 PM

is it soi 12 or am i wrong ?

3 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 5:06 PM
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

upcomin visit

by stamoz Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Hello there,
      I'm flyin out to Thailand in next couple of days and has been a while since last time I was in Pattaya, does anyone know fares for taxi, red truck, etc. from bus terminal to the beach road? I'm catchin the bus from Suvarnabhumi so as always any kind of suggestions will be very appreciated, thank you.

2 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 3:38 AM
    • Time Taken at Mini Siam

by anisha.m132 Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 7:44 AM

How much time will I need to tour Mini Siam?

2 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 4:23 PM
    • nong nooch village

by falguniagarwal Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 6:50 AM

what is nong nooch village? where is it located? what are its attraction?

1 Answer Feb 26, 2014 at 8:09 AM
    • Agent in Pattaya for uk visitor visa

by homer1956 Online Now Jan 27, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Does anyone know of a reliable visa agent who could complete my girlfriends visa application forms.?

3 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 2:40 PM
    • Bus from Pattaya to Siem Reap Cambodia

by JimboJ Online Now Jan 25, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Anyone know a reliable direct bus from Pattaya to Siem Reap?

5 Answers Jul 26, 2014 at 10:15 AM
    • Is it safe to visit Bangkok & Pattaya in the state of emergency?

by indtraveller Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 1:58 AM

Is it safe to visit Bangkok & Pattaya in the state of emergency? I have planned my trip from 31st Jan to 5th Feb will be reaching Bangkok airport and then heading towards Pattaya and back to Bangkok on 3rd Feb. Can somebody tell if it is safe to visit during this emergency?

1 Answer Jan 22, 2014 at 5:26 AM
    • location at Pattaya

by Zumpar Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 3:47 AM

what is the best location to stay with family at pattaya ?

13 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 4:50 PM
    • Is it safe to reach Bangkok and travel to Pattaya today ie. 17th of January '14?

by rightimer Online Now Jan 16, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Is it safe to reach Bangkok and travel to Pattaya today ie. 17th of January '14?

2 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    • Advice needed

by Ivo_K Online Now Jan 7, 2014 at 4:13 AM

Going to visit Pattaya with my family in the second half of January 2014. Can you recommend some really good Thai restaurants with affordable prices - we don't want any stomach problems afterwards? What about a reliable English speaking tour guide/agency there? Thank you in advance!

3 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 10:28 AM
    • scarlet111's Profile Photo

Budge Hotel at Jomtien Beach

by scarlet111 Online Now Dec 28, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I booked this hotel on Agoda. Unfortunately I have to change my travel plan but I cannot cancel the booking.

Feb 1, 2014 to Feb 4, 2014
      Standard Twin Bed with breakfast
      Anyone interested please contact me

4 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    • Hotel near the beach, quiet and under $50

by gcp2000 Online Now Dec 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Hello travelers/Advisors:
      I am looking for a hotel under $50/night that is quiet, near the beach and clean for a couple. I will stay 5 nights.
      I hear Jomtien beach is better, but I would like to narrow down to one or two hotels. By the way, I am travelling there during the new year. Thanks in advance.

19 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 4:41 PM