Patras

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Apartnemt for Rent in Rafina.

Rafina 8 hours ago

I am looking for an apartment to rent in Rafina, Greece. I only need a small apartment for one person, with a small equiped kitchen. For 3 weeks in July. Something nice and affordable. thank you.

more
    • Is anyone knows the best restaurant in Ano poli castles

Thessaloniki Apr 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Is anyone knows the best restaurant in Ano poli castles we will be near Moni Vlatadon for 3 days filming
      thanks

more
    • Taxi prizes

Litokhoron Apr 11, 2014 at 12:37 AM

What will be the normal costs of a Taxi from trainstation Litochoro and the center of litochoro

more
    • hillelarkin's Profile Photo

transportation

Rhodes (Island) Apr 2, 2014 at 8:12 PM

We plan a family reunion meeting in Faliraki, Rhodes (12-14 persons, 3 babies). I have several questions regarding transportation:
      1) Is there a taxi service from the airport to Faliraki (Ladico Beach) and how much it ca cost
      2) Is there a service of hiring a van/ minivan with driver for a day trip around the island and how much it may cost?
      3) taxi service cost from Faliraki to Rhodes old city: does it operate on late nights?

Thanks - HA

more
    • Are there any Bead shops in Kos?

Kos Mar 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Or somewhere that might sell them?

Many thanks!

more
    • Alexandra_Zebra's Profile Photo

Meteora - Litochoro by bus

Greece Apr 16, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Hi there!
      My husband and I are going to Halkidiki this may.
      We want to travel from Thessaloniki to Meteora by bus or train. There stay for a night and in the morning visit the monasteries. The same day (in the evening) we want to get to Olympus, Refuge A.
      I found such a useful bus schedule http://www.visitmeteora.travel/en/getting-to-meteora/getting-to-meteora-by-bus but still have some questions.
      I guess the best way is to get from Kalampaka to Trikala, there take a bus Trikala - Thessaloniki. Does it stop at Litochoro? And where can I find bus numbers, routes and stops?
      Does anyone have any advice?

more
    • Kardamena to asclepeion

Kos Island Apr 15, 2014 at 7:32 PM

hi, I am going to be staying in Kardamena for a week this summer and I would love to visit the Asclepeion. does anyone know how to get there from Kardamena, and how much the travel will cost? is there a bus or a taxi, what is the best and cheapest way to get there?
      thanks!

more
    • 5 hour cruise stop in chios

Chios Island Apr 15, 2014 at 4:47 PM

With only a 5 hour cruise stop in chios, what would you suggest as the most important thing to do/see

more
    • Profitos Ilias shrine,near Nafplio

Nafplio Apr 15, 2014 at 2:01 AM

Tell me please more about it,who lives there and who visits?

more
    • BobWaldman's Profile Photo

crete itinerary

Crete Island Apr 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I appreciate everyone's help with my itinerary so far. I think we have a final itinerary but I have one more question.
      We have a total of 14 days. Our itinerary so far is as follows:
      Chania 3 nights
      Loutro 3 nights
      Rethymomn 3 nights
      Enagron Ecotourism Village 3 nights
      Iraklion 2 nights

What advice would you give about going to Agios Nikolas instead of Enagron?

more
    • Taxi Fare in Skiathos, Greece

Skiathos Apr 8, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Approximately, how much is the taxi fare from the cruise ship terminal in Skiathos to Koukounaries Beach?

more
    • Searching for a single room in Athens

Prefecture of Attica Apr 7, 2014 at 8:41 AM

I need a private room for 3 months from April in Athens centre.
      I'm from Italy and I'm doing a research for my Phd paper.
      Can you help me?

more
    • Last Post on this forum was in 2011

Thasos Island Apr 3, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Have there been more recent posts than 2011? I like the look of Thassos but as a New Zealander I'm a bit wary of places that have been overrun with UK holiday makers, does it still have an authentic Greek Island feel about it??

more
    • Transport from samos airport to ferry port

Samos Island Apr 2, 2014 at 2:44 AM

How far is the bus stop in kleopatras street from the airport? Can it be walked easily?

more
    • Rent a scooter in Thessaloniki?

Thessaloniki Mar 31, 2014 at 3:37 AM

Hi!!! Me and my friends are planing a 1-2 days stay in Thessaloniki, and we were thinking of renting scooters to trip in the city. Can you please recommend me a good place to rent and what the normal prices per day are?

more
    • From Bus Olympus Plaza to Paralia Katerini

Katerini Mar 28, 2014 at 5:48 AM

Hi there! I will be travelling to Paralia Katerini in June and the bus I will use stops at Olympus Plaza station. How can we get to Paralia Katerini from Olympus Plaza- bus, taxi...? Thank you.

more
    • looking for a flatshare

Athens Mar 23, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Hello ! I am desperatly looking for a room in flatshare in Athens... Does one of you know a website which could help me in my searches ? Thanks for your help...

more
    • Rach&Jay's Profile Photo

Psarou, Mykonos Town or Ornos?

Mykonos Island Apr 17, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Hi All, We will be in Mykonos for 3 nights in July. Want to spend the days on the beach and enjoy the nightlife of an evening. Love good food (not touristy places if they are available in Mykonos?)
      What do you think the best area to stay in is? Psarou, Mykonos Town or Ornos?
      Can anyone please give me their opinions on the pros and cons of each?
      Thanks a bunch!
      Rach

more
    • Please, I have need help in this problem !

Greece Apr 15, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Hello,
      I will travel from 1 June 2014 in Greece Paralia Katerini resort, but I go there with Express International Line bus. It is going from Bucharest to Athens. The bus does not go directly in Paralia Katerini. I will get down near the town of Katerini at Olympus Plaza station.
      How can I get to Paralia Katerini from Olympus Plaza- bus ? I think that taxi is expensive...I will have baggage...is very hard!!!....what is the price of a normal bus ticket from Katerini to Paralia Katerini? per person...
      Thanks a lot ! Flory

more
    • Ferries from Agios Nikolaos to Santorini

Agios Nikolaos Apr 10, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Are there ferries from Agios Nikolaos to Santorini or do you have to catch the ferry from Heraklion?

more
    • Spending Money

Rethymno Apr 7, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Hi, How expensive is Crete we're trying to decide how much to take, me and my partner are going for 11 nights self catering? Thanks Chris.

more
    • October trip

Santorini Island Apr 7, 2014 at 9:46 AM

How is Santorini in Oct. In term of weather, tourists, and accomodations, etc.
      Thanks

more
    • Current Weather

Rhodes (Island) Apr 7, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Hi, my family and I are flying out early next week to Rhodes. Can anyone tell me what the current weather is like so we know what to pack please?

Many thanks.

more
    • vacuoso's Profile Photo

Ferries: 48hr rolling strikes still? Days of operation?

Thessaloniki Apr 6, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Hoping to catch a ferry from Thessaloniki or Kavala to Lesvos on Sunday, April 13. From my calculations, that Sunday would be a day that the ferries DO run... But I wouldn't bet the price of a hostel stay for 2 on it! :) It is unmercifully difficult to find information about options and timetables, etc, even when one goes into the ferry office at the port of Thessaloniki, which I did--they said to call back on Friday but we caught a bus to Toroni instead. Trying to decide when to head back up...

Anybody have any insight into the murky depths that surround the ferry situation?

Many thanks in advance,

.A.

more
    • Nice restaurants and bars for little money?

Thessaloniki Mar 25, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Hi!
      Me and my husband are going to Saloniki at the end of april. We both are students, so we can't spend so much money.
      Do you have some advice where we can go out to eat for a nice price? do you know some good and cheap restaurants and bars near the city center? Would be nice if you could help us! :)

more

Near Patras

• rate of bus

by TanviKhandelwal Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 8:41 PM

what is the price of traveling from bus from athens to corfu??

3 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 2:25 AM
    • getting from Patras to Piraeus

by kohaladonah Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I was just informed by Superfast Ferries that they no longer offer the bus connecting from the port in Patras to Athens and Piraeus. I need to know where the bus station is in relation to the Superfast Ferry dock and how many buses there are daily from Patras to Athens/Piraeus.

7 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 2:41 AM
    • maltese24's Profile Photo

Highway Athen-Lefkada

by maltese24 Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 4:29 AM

I am going to drive from Athens to Lefkada and i read on tripadvisor that part of the road between Korinthos and Patras is dangerous....some 150km or so single-carriage crazy drivers making it dangerous. I'm not really believing all this but i just would like to know the opinion of you tourists as well as locals who drove through there. thank you

10 Answers Mar 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM
    • Bus to Araxos airport

by meagain88 Online Now Aug 4, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Can anybody post some info about the bus service that goes to Araxos airport please. Where does this bus leave from? Is it from the main bus station near the port?
      Is there a website for the infocenter in Patras?

1 Answer Aug 7, 2012 at 1:49 AM
    • Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo

Resorts Near Patras

by Andrew_W_K Online Now Jun 1, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I'm looking at flying to Patras and staying in a nice quiet resort within easy reach of Patras. Must have nice beaches and a good selection of hotels and tavernas. Don't want to be more than 40kms from Patras ideally. Don't mind if its the Peloponnese or the area to the north across the bridge. Some cultural sights nearby would be a bonus.
      Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Jun 1, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    • Bus travel from Lefkada Town to Patras

by janehuguenin Online Now Feb 5, 2012 at 8:11 AM

My family (10 persons in all) need to get from Lefkada Town to Patras in August. Is there bus service? Ferry? From Patras we want to go to Nafplion either by bus or train. Any suggestions?

Thanks

4 Answers May 29, 2012 at 11:24 AM
    • Saturday evening in march - what to do?!

by Casskanti Online Now Jan 28, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Hi, we are on a school trip which will bring us to patra on a Saturday evening (around 7pm) our children are 10 & 11, we have the whole evening free so I wondered if there is anything we can do? How safe is it to walk around at night? Are there areas we should avoid? Any nice tavernas to eat in? Thanks! ;)

1 Answer Jan 29, 2012 at 3:40 PM
    • Patras to Neapoli by Bus

by evescott5 Online Now Jan 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I need to find schedules and prices to go from Patras to Neapoli by bus for 4 elderly women in Msy of this year. We are arriving from Bari by ferry on May 26. Please help. Having a terrible time locating bus schedules from Patras.

Thank you.

1 Answer Jan 31, 2012 at 5:18 AM
    • Patras to Neapoli by Bus

by evescott5 Online Now Jan 20, 2012 at 6:41 AM

I need to find schedules and prices to go from Patras to Neapoli by bus for 4 elderly women in Msy of this year. We are arriving from Bari by ferry on May 26. Please help. Having a terrible time locating bus schedules from Patras.

Thank you.

2 Answers Jan 29, 2012 at 10:56 AM
    • Linzertor's Profile Photo

Athens-Airport to Patras

by Linzertor Online Now Aug 17, 2011 at 9:23 PM

How do I get from Athens Airport to Patras

4 Answers Aug 29, 2011 at 1:03 AM
    • Transport to and from Patra

by Efik Online Now Jul 18, 2011 at 4:18 AM

Hi, my family and I will be travelling through Greece in September this year. We will be coming to Patra from Kalamata. I understand the best way to get there is by bus. What is the bus company called? How long does it take? And does this include stops? I am travelling with 2 young children. Does anybody know if there are any taxi services available that we could use?

From Patra we will be heading off to Lefkada. What transport options are there? How long does it take with the bus? Is there a ferri and how long does it take?

Getting Excited!
      Efik

6 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    • Seliana to Patra by bus?

by cbots103 Online Now Jun 12, 2011 at 8:04 PM

I am visiting Greece for the first time this summer and will be staying in Selianitika, a small village in Seliana near Sympoliteia. I would like to take the ferry from Patra to Kefalonia but don't know if there is a bus that has stops near Seliana that I can take to Patra to catch the ferry. Does anyone have info on the bus lines in that area? Maybe one that starts in Athens that I can pick up near Seliana. I visited ktel.org but it's all in Greek and was useless to me.

HELP PLEASE & THANK YOU =]

2 Answers Jun 13, 2011 at 11:43 AM
    • wanted appartement / small house

by marissska Online Now Sep 23, 2010 at 5:35 AM

Hello,

we are looking for a appartement or house with min 2 bedrooms and outside space.
      Little garden or balcony !
      Anyone some offers or tips ?
      It has to be in patras.

kind regards,
      Mariska

• train reservation cost from patras to athens

by ridethetren Online Now Aug 21, 2010 at 10:09 AM

We have global passes and are wondering what the reservation fee is from Patras to Athens on the train? Is it correct that there is a compulsory reservation fee on this train?

3 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 4:30 AM
    • Travelling from Athens to Patra

by Md613 Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Hello!
      My mother, sister and I will be arriving in Athens on a Friday night and will travel onward to Patra the next day. We have decided to stay in the Plaka district (@ Hotel Nefeli) for the night before we leave for Patra the next day. I have been researching the best way to travel to Patra from Athens and have found many that recommend by bus and many say by train.

I understand that there is no direct train route to Patra from Athens. However, how difficult is it to reach the train that is needed to take us to Patra from the Plaka area of Athens? Could we get lost easily, misdirected, etc? I have a preference for the train so that we can have a more scenic view as we travel to Patra. Yet, if it will be a troublesome way to travel, than I would rather we start our trip with a little less hassle and take the bus.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Including, if the Hotel Nefeli is a decent accomadation for one night. Thank you!!

5 Answers Mar 25, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    • Patras buses

by annhillier Online Now Mar 4, 2010 at 9:40 AM

I wish to travel from Patras to Delphi on 13 April 2010 leaving around 13.00. Please tell me if there is a bus, what time it will leave, how much does it cost, and how near it is to the ferry terminal from Bari, Italy.

Please tell me if there is a train for this journey.

Thank you.

1 Answer Mar 4, 2010 at 5:01 PM
    • visitcebu's Profile Photo

Are there many ships arriving in Patras from Italy?

by visitcebu Online Now Sep 14, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Hi all, I wanted to get some advice on arriving in Patras from Italy. Are there more arrivals from Bari or there are more from Brindisi?

If we arrive in Patras late at night, are there buses to Athens from Patras even at night?

What are the bus companies? Any websites?

What about the ticket from from Patras to Athens?

Thank you for your help!

2 Answers Sep 14, 2009 at 12:01 PM
    • Accommodation in Patras

by CaliKat22 Online Now Aug 18, 2009 at 8:58 PM

I am from the U.S. but will be attending the University of Patras this fall and winter. I need to find a place to live for about six months, preferably close to the university. Unfortunately, I do not speak any Greek. Can anyone give me any advice on how to find housing in Patras?

Thank you very much.

4 Answers Oct 16, 2009 at 10:45 AM
    • Best way to reach Patras from Athens Airport

by marwafareed Online Now Aug 14, 2009 at 10:03 PM

HI,

It is my first time to visit Greece. I am going to Patras, can any one help me in finding the best way (in details including the names of stations)to reach Patras from Athen's airport to Patras.

Thanks a lot

Marwa Sakr

2 Answers Aug 16, 2009 at 1:35 AM
    • KTEL Bus Athens to Patras

by Sepha Online Now Jul 30, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Thanks very much for all that helpfull information about getting from Athens to Patras. I think about choosing the KTEL way, but does anyone know if the bus, or either the express train stops in Aigio as well ?
      Cheers
      Kirstin

1 Answer Jul 30, 2009 at 10:11 PM
    • How to go from Patras to Athens?

by Wemmae Online Now Jun 28, 2009 at 6:28 PM

Hello! I am a portuguese girl and i'm going from brindisi to patras by ferry and then i would like to go from patras to athens but i'm having some trouble finding schedules and stuff. I've never been to Greece before so i don't know how it works. Would anyone be kind enough to help me? Thank you!

7 Answers Jun 30, 2009 at 9:13 AM
    • train schedule

by siouxsi808 Online Now Jun 23, 2009 at 4:25 AM

I've been trying to get ahold of train schedules from patras to athens and athens to other parts of Greece as well. Since, I don't speak Greek, Greece's national railway company's website (www.ose.gr) is difficult to use. How can I find this information? Any tips? Thanks

5 Answers Jun 27, 2009 at 11:39 AM
    • alifrog's Profile Photo

Travelling alone on the ferry Patras>Bari

by alifrog Online Now May 31, 2009 at 4:08 AM

I'm travelling alone and I've booked an aircraft seat on the overnight ferry from Patras to Bari. I'm a little worried about about my stuff getting stolen. Can anyone tell me their experiences or any tips on how I can go to the toilet without taking everything with me!

Cheers!

2 Answers Jun 2, 2009 at 6:17 AM
    • Patras to Athens by Train

by kathyholson Online Now Jun 15, 2008 at 4:05 PM

My husband and I will be arriving to Patras by ferry on Sunday 6 July 2008 at about noon. Can anyone tell me where the train to Athens can be found? What is the schedule? I understand (?) that there is no direct train anymore, so do we change trains? Where? Can we walk from the ferry to the train station? Thanks!
      Kathy Olson

3 Answers Jun 16, 2008 at 2:13 PM
    • Bus from Patras to Piraeus

by verena2112 Online Now May 9, 2008 at 2:06 AM

hello!
      i am planning to travel from bari(in italy) to a greek island and figured i'd need to go via patras and piraeus with a bus.
      i already read some other posts but still have some questions remaining:
      - where do i buy the ticket for the bus to piraus?
      - how much does the bus cost?
      - is it ok to buy the bus ticket upon arrival only? we would like to go to piraeus right after the ferry arrived in patras
      - how long does is take?
      thanks so much for your help!!

2 Answers May 10, 2008 at 2:25 AM
    • Train Athens-Patras

by nawka Online Now Apr 6, 2008 at 7:49 AM

I would like to see the time table for trains from Athens to Patras for Jue 1, 2008 at night, from 22:00 hours.

1 Answer Apr 6, 2008 at 2:20 PM
    • car park next to port / bus station

by chuckynicky Online Now Jul 21, 2007 at 12:41 AM

i need to leave my car for some days
      how can i get info about the private car park right next to the main bus station ,just opposite railway station...need to know open and close times
      (its the place that offers car wash )
      help please if you can find the phone number or know opening times
      cheers

• bus from patras to thessaloniki

by euniceraul Online Now Jul 11, 2007 at 6:46 AM

I would like to travel from patras to thessaloniki by bus. what is the company what are the prices and the timetable. I just can't find that info

Thanks

1 Answer Jul 11, 2007 at 10:48 AM
    • patras to athens

by brian1961 Online Now May 10, 2007 at 10:44 AM

can we pick up a coach from the sea port to athens

2 Answers May 11, 2007 at 2:34 AM
    • Road journey from Patras to Piraeus

by livingincrete Online Now Oct 15, 2006 at 7:19 AM

I desperately need to know the distance and driving time between Patras docks and Piraeus docks. I am arriving at Patras at 1700 hours and leaving from Piraeus at 2300 hours and thought I had allowed enough time. Now I have heard that it can take about an hour from the time the ferry arrives at Patras harbour entrance to when I disembark, and that I must be at Piraeus 2 hours before the departure of the ferry. This will only leave me three hours for the journey. Is that going to be enough (In December)

Any help appreciated.

1 Answer Oct 16, 2006 at 12:54 PM