Patras Travel Answers

change location

Saturday evening in march - what to do?!

by Casskanti Online Now Jan 28, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Hi, we are on a school trip which will bring us to patra on a Saturday evening (around 7pm) our children are 10 & 11, we have the whole evening free so I wondered if there is anything we can do? How safe is it to walk around at night? Are there areas we should avoid? Any nice tavernas to eat in? Thanks! ;)

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Saturday evening in march - what to do?!

by Phillyjan Online Now Jan 29, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I have not been to Patra, but in my experience (10 extended trips all over Greece since 1999) there is almost no place in Greece (aside from certain neighborhoods in Athens that you would not encounter anyway) that is not perfectly safe to walk around in ... a refreshing change from so many US cities. There will be a number of interesting tavernas I'm sure, even "off-season" because locals go out to eat a lot.

Have you looked at what VT members have entered as their tips for Patras?? Here's the link -- Patras Travel Guide -- It says there are 25 restaurants mentioned (Tavernas) ... and the first one, Skoufaki was reviewed lst February, so it's open in midwinter, and is singled out for splendid hot chocolate, good news for pre-teens. Under "nightlife" there is also a cinema, INTEAL Cinema, where u can get food AND a film .. maybe they'll have an American Thriller th Satrday u are there!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Patras