Patras Travel Answers

change location

train reservation cost from patras to athens

by ridethetren Online Now Aug 21, 2010 at 10:09 AM

We have global passes and are wondering what the reservation fee is from Patras to Athens on the train? Is it correct that there is a compulsory reservation fee on this train?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Re: train reservation cost from patras to athens

by brotherleelove Online Now Aug 21, 2010 at 1:47 PM

I can't answer about the train but I can tell you that the Patras>Athens bus is faster and cheaper. If you're coming into Patras by ferry it's possible that the ferry company will offer their own bus for the trip into Athens. Check their website.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

by johngayton Online Now Aug 21, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Yes you do need a reservation but I don't think it was expensive - for some reason the figure of 60 Euro cents comes to mind but that was about 4 years ago and it'll probably have gone up since then.

As BrotherLee points out the bus is faster and cheaper but the train ride is quite a pleasant one.

• quicktoys2's Profile Photo

by quicktoys2 Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 4:30 AM

The train tracks from Patra to Kiato are under construction (they also found ancient Roman ruins) so there is no train directly to Athens, but the train company OSE has added busses to make up the gap. So from Patra train station you get the OSE bus to Kiato then transfer to the train.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Patras