Patras Travel Answers

change location

Bus from Patras to Piraeus

by verena2112 Online Now May 9, 2008 at 2:06 AM

hello!
i am planning to travel from bari(in italy) to a greek island and figured i'd need to go via patras and piraeus with a bus.
i already read some other posts but still have some questions remaining:
- where do i buy the ticket for the bus to piraus?
- how much does the bus cost?
- is it ok to buy the bus ticket upon arrival only? we would like to go to piraeus right after the ferry arrived in patras
- how long does is take?
thanks so much for your help!!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • greekinspain's Profile Photo

Re: Bus from Patras to Piraeus

by greekinspain Online Now May 9, 2008 at 5:05 AM

Hello! I will try to tell you what I know although things are not very clear concerning Patra. First of all you can not go straight to Piraeus, any way you will find it will take you to Athens, somewhere in the center (in about 3 1/2 hours) and then you will have to take the train to Pireaus. One good soluction would be to ask in the recepcion in the boat because many companies put a private bus to take you to Athens. If this is not offered from the company you will have to find another way. About buses I have no idea, there must be. About trains I think that right now there is no straight train line between Patra - Athens but you have to go to Korinthos and there take the suburbian train, its called Proastiakos. From there you might find straight route to Pireaus but I am not sure the timetable because they are changing the railway so... in their page I found this proastiakos.gr/files_files/I...
    I hope it was of any help!
    Have a good time :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • StefanosS's Profile Photo

Re: Bus from Patras to Piraeus

by StefanosS Online Now May 10, 2008 at 2:25 AM

The port, the ralway station and the KTEL (long-distance) bus station in Patra are at walking distance between them. You can buy your tickets in the bus or train stations, no need to book. I think KTEL bus is more convenient. There are many buses scheduled daily (every one hour ???), so if a bus is already full, you can get the next one. In Athens the KTEL terminal is at Kifisos KTEL bus station. From there you need a taxi or a local bus to Piraeus.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Patras