Passau

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Junior Tennis

Munich Jun 26, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Hello, we will be in Munich and Garmich at the beginning of September and Im looking for a good tennis club for my son who is advanced tennis player. Could anyone recommend one? Thank you!

more
    • Alternatizm's Profile Photo

How to go from Mercure Hotel Wuerzburg Am Mainufer to Würzburg Hbf?

Würzburg Jul 19, 2014 at 5:26 AM

I will be staying at Mercure Wuerzburg and will need to be at Wuerzburg Hbf at 5:50 am. Understand it will take around 20 min. by walk. Any suggest on public transportation ?

more
    • Where to buy authentic alpine cow bells in Garmisch

Garmisch-Partenkirchen Jul 18, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Does anyone know of a foundry or a shop that sells that authentic cowbells (not tourist ones but ones that the farmers would actually use) in or close by to Garmisch-Partenkirchen?

more
    • bike storage

Munich Jul 7, 2014 at 1:10 AM

is there a "rad station" near munich hbf

more
    • Train travel

Stein an der Traun Jul 1, 2014 at 7:00 AM

How to travel from Stein an der Traun to Salzburg

more
    • Driving to Garmisch

Garmisch-Partenkirchen Jun 24, 2014 at 8:32 PM

I'm planning a trip to Garmisch in December. How is the drive? I am planning on renting a car but I do not know whether or not I will need winter tires. I am only concerned because I do not know if the roads are icy, etc. I've tried to look on other sites but still haven't gotten an answer. Please help!

more
    • Ausserfern Railway

Garmisch-Partenkirchen Yesterday

Hi. Iwant to go from Munich to Fussen via Garmisch-Partenkirchen, using the Ausserfern railway to Reutte, then bus to Fussen. Can anyone tell me if the Bayern ticket can be used for the Austrian part of the journey please

more
    • Local buses

Füssen Jul 20, 2014 at 4:34 AM

I will be staying near Fussen, at Lechfal. It appears that the buses that go to Reutte use this road...buses 74 and 4258. Does anyone know if there is a fixed bus stop near Lechfal, or do we just "stick your hand out" as it approaches ? Do we ring a bell on the bus to stop it where we want to get off ?

more
    • Dog walks.

Königssee Jul 6, 2014 at 1:56 PM

As part of our family holiday this year we will be visiting konigsee for a few days.
      I was wondering if anybody has any experience of dog walks in the area and if there
      are any special rules about dogs being on leash, muzzled etc.
      We are all experienced walkers including our dog, Elza a three year old vizsla.
      I would greatly appreciate any advice from people who have already visited this
      beautiful part of Germany.

more
    • Venice - Munich via Brenner Pass

Munich Jun 23, 2014 at 9:52 PM

We are travelling from Venice to Munich on 6th January 2015 and hope to take the day train via Brenner Pass to see the Alps. I read somewhere this might not run during winter, can you please let me know if this trip will be possible at that time of year

more
    • snow in july?

Garmisch-Partenkirchen Jun 26, 2014 at 12:56 AM

does it snow in july 10-20 in garmisch

more
    • Kids activities

Garmisch-Partenkirchen Jun 24, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Staying in Garmish/Parterkirchen 9-23rd July with 3 & 5 year olds. Can anyone advise us of any things we could see and do to entertain them? We have stayed there before when kids were younger and mostly went to the local parks and swimming pool but need more varied activities now. Thanks:-)

more
    • Bayern ticket

Bayern Jul 20, 2014 at 4:40 AM

Is it possible to buy a Bayern ticket the day before I want to use it ? I want to make an early start, and to be able to use the ticket on local Munich transport before the main journey to Lindau on the same day. If it is possible to buy the day before, do I have to validate it on the day of use, and can this be done on a Munich tram ?

more
    • Getting to Rothenburg o d t from Munich

Rothenburg ob der Tauber Jul 1, 2014 at 4:48 PM

At the train station in Munich is there an employee to be sure that the tourist get correct ticket to Rothenburg o d t ? Some say its one stop and some say two stops , which one? I would truly appreciate some help! THANKS

more
    • Small children to entertain!!

Garmisch-Partenkirchen Jul 5, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Is there any type of fair rides or small kids activities in and around Garmish Parterkirchen or within an hours drive of GP?

more
    • Washing clothes

by Kabob977 Online Now May 30, 2014 at 4:37 AM

Is there a coin operated laundry in Passau?

1 Answer May 30, 2014 at 5:58 AM
    • best way to get to Passau from Eging am See

by Slowbus Online Now May 2, 2014 at 11:27 AM

WE have a VW campervan and are staying at a campsite at Eging am See. What is the best (cheapest) way to get to Passau tomorrow Saturday for a day visit?
      thanks

2 Answers May 2, 2014 at 11:38 PM
    • Day trip from Passau to Salzburg? Chesky Krumlov? Salzkammergut Lake?

by marienewman.50 Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 7:01 AM

Day trip from Passau to Salzburg? Chesky Krumlov?  Salzkammergut Lake District? or just cruise on ship to Linz?

I will be going on a Danube River Cruise and wish to know what you would recommend if you had to choose. All sound great. I am trying to assess what is the "cannot miss" experience. Can you advise?

Thank you,

Marie

2 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 7:40 PM
    • cost taxi fare

by Moulaine Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Taxi fare from Passau Railway Stn to Hotel Passaeur Wolf Hotel.

1 Answer Apr 4, 2014 at 6:09 PM
    • mountain climbing/hiking

by Marikri Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Looking for a beautiful place to hike/climb not far from Passau. Preferably the alps.

4 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 3:03 PM
    • Transportation to Ortenburg

by MarkOrt Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I will be stopping in Passau on a river cruise and would like to go to Ortenburg for a few hours. What kinds of transportation would be available (preferably with a driver that can speak some English)?

1 Answer Feb 27, 2014 at 12:46 PM
    • nebulaflash's Profile Photo

Anyone have experience with great hotels at reasonable prices in this city?

by nebulaflash Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 1:41 PM

We are taking a rive cruise from Passau to Budapest in October. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

5 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM
    • travelling from passau to salzburg airport

by joeyboi158 Online Now Oct 1, 2013 at 6:30 AM

is it easy to travel from passau, germany to salzburg airport by train? and is a bayern day ticket all that is needed?

2 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    • Train to berlin via parague

by plkennedy Online Now Aug 6, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Can one travel from passau to berlin via prague

10 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    • How to transfer from Vienna Airport to Passau

by toffeebike Online Now Aug 4, 2013 at 10:22 AM

tow adults and one child with holiday luggage want to transfer from Vienna Airport tomorrow, leaving about noon, travelling to Passau. We are looking for an efficient inexpensive way to travel! Naturally...

2 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 1:37 PM
    • XanthippiM's Profile Photo

Ferry Passau to Vienna

by XanthippiM Online Now Aug 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Is there a ferry between Passau and Vienna operating regularly? I only see cruises. Or is there one-day cruise from which I can disembark in Vienna?

3 Answers Aug 5, 2012 at 4:26 AM
    • Train from Munich to Passau for First-timers

by veerzaara Online Now Jun 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I have never ever been on a train before, and my first train ride will be from the Munich main train station to Passau. I already have a voucher to get from the airport to the main train station, but I have absolutely no idea what to do once I am at the train station. How do I purchase a ticket? How do I get it validated? (I am told that I must do this before getting on the train.) Do I locate the train by its number or by the direction it is heading or both? Where do I put my luggage once on the train? ( I have one suitcase, which isn't heavy.) Are seats on the train numbered, or do I sit wherever? I assume that it will be announced when the train arrives in Freising. And then once at Freising, will it be easy to locate and get to the train to Passau? It seems from the printout from DB Bahn, that I will have only 9 minutes to change. Is this enough time? Sorry for all of the probably obvious questions, but as I have been searching online, all replies and answers seem to be directed to those who are very familiar with riding trains and being in a train station and not to those who, like me, don't have a clue! Thank you!

7 Answers Jul 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM
    • Passau Evening Entertainment

by gordon588 Online Now Feb 22, 2012 at 4:41 AM

Are there many the bars and restaurants in the town? I have a few friends who are visiting and we would like to make sure that there is something to do in the evening. Is there and old part of town to visit for example?

2 Answers Feb 23, 2012 at 12:27 AM
    • Passau train service

by tonyc3942 Online Now Oct 12, 2011 at 1:42 PM

We will depart Passau from a river cruise and are looking to take the train there to Linz. I would like to know how far it is from the ship docking point (Fritz-Schaffer Promenade)to the train station. Are taxi's readily available at the docking point to take to the train quickly. Our boat docks around 8:30am and it looks like the train gets into Passau at about 10am. Does it make sense to buy train tickets in USA before we leave next week or buy them at the train station? Once in Linz we will reboard the ship in the evening. Thank you.

7 Answers Oct 14, 2011 at 10:22 PM
    • munich to passau

by tydana Online Now Sep 14, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Could someone tell me the easiest way to Passau from Munich airport

7 Answers Sep 14, 2011 at 3:50 PM
    • Laundry

by erconger Online Now Feb 3, 2011 at 9:35 AM

We will arrive in Passau to join a river cruise. We will be there overnight. I am looking for a laundry where we can have clothes washed and picked up the next day. Something near the center of town.

1 Answer Feb 3, 2011 at 10:00 AM
    • cycling from passau to vienna

by dentisto Online Now Sep 4, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Any information on bike rentals in Passau and accommodation recommendations on the ride from Passau to Vienna would be appreciated. T

Thank you.

Dave

• Bus service from Passau to Prague???

by travellerjane Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I need bus service from Passau to Prague on August 8--a Sunday.
      Does anyone have info? There is no direct train...
      Thanks

2 Answers Mar 18, 2010 at 12:54 PM
    • Vegetarian Friendly Restaurants

by anonymouscustomer Online Now Feb 13, 2010 at 5:13 AM

I am looking for Vegetarian / Vegan Friendly restaurants in Passau. Please share your experience or knowledge about local restaurants.

1 Answer Feb 13, 2010 at 11:38 AM
    • Organ Recital

by SueDeming Online Now Jan 10, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Do you still have organ recitals in the Cathedral of St Stephen? I attended one in l988 and is still in the top 3 travel experiences of my life. We are going to be traveling with a Eurail Global Pass for the month of April and will be in Passau on April 17 after 2:45 p.m.
      If you still have the organ recitals what are the days and times?
      Thank you for your help, Sue Deming

3 Answers Jan 13, 2010 at 4:48 PM
    • Local Transport

by thaadguy Online Now Dec 7, 2009 at 5:56 AM

My wife and I will be arriving Passau on 25 June 2010 aboard a Viking cruise. We plan to travel from Passau to Heidelberg by train on 26 June. What is the best means of transfer from the Viking dock to the Hauptbahnhof?

• Vienna to Passau

by Ludwiga Online Now Oct 28, 2009 at 5:49 PM

How far is it from Vienna to Passau? How long is the train ride? How often does the train run?

Ludwiga

1 Answer Oct 28, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    • Transfer from Passau to Munich

by amyhsuan Online Now Oct 12, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Hi, I'm getting off a Viking River Cruise in Passau on Dec. 27... does anyone know what is the best way to get to Munich from there? And how much it will cost?

thank you so much!

1 Answer Oct 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM
    • Passau and vienna

by 3418zita Online Now Sep 2, 2009 at 7:25 PM

What modes of transportation are there between Passau and Vienna?

3 Answers Oct 29, 2009 at 12:15 AM
    • clock shop

by JoRunow1 Online Now Nov 15, 2008 at 8:23 AM

While in Passau in April I purchased an inexpensive clock at a small shop in Residence Square. I would like to purchase another similar clock for a friend, but I do not remember the name of this clockshop. Does anyone know of this location?

1 Answer Nov 15, 2008 at 1:45 PM
    • Steinbachstr

by mersonsmate Online Now May 14, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Hi folks, I am staying at the Holiday Inn in Passau which is opposite the station I think, how far is Steinbachstr from there? Can I walk it? Thanks.

3 Answers May 26, 2008 at 5:44 AM
    • Passau to Prague travel options

by BPlachy Online Now Mar 25, 2007 at 3:27 PM

In early July of 2007 my wife and I will travel between Passau and Prague on a Saturday. The train options I have seen for this trip are not great (all day with late night arrival in Prague). Any body have other suggestions (intercity bus, car rental, etc.)?

1 Answer Jul 7, 2009 at 12:55 PM
    • beanbag's Profile Photo

Looking for general information on Passau

by beanbag Online Now Oct 5, 2006 at 5:43 PM

My family several generations back are from Passau and I would like to visit either next year or possibly the year after / possibly in November or December and would welcome any thoughts or opinions of the city, places to consider, etc. Alos, I only speak english - will that be a problem? Thanks!

13 Answers Oct 20, 2006 at 7:35 AM
    • Transportation from Munich airport to Passau, Germany

by Midknighttim Online Now Jun 28, 2006 at 11:05 AM

My fiance and I are taking a cruise that starts from Passau, Germany and are curious to know some of the transportation alternatives to get from Munich airport to Passau, Germany. The cruise company has a pickup and return service for180 each but we were hoping for a cheaper alternative. Any suggestions?

2 Answers Jun 28, 2006 at 12:11 PM
    • marco2005's Profile Photo

ELEFANTENTREFFEN 2006

by marco2005 Online Now Jan 5, 2006 at 11:48 AM

short time!
      the Elefantentreffen, will takes place from 27.01. - 29.01.2006 in Loh/Thurmansbang-Solla.
      For the no-bikers people, consider that is the pantagruelic motorcycle gathering that is held on the snow of Bavaria, with a few thousand of bikers coming from everywhere.
      I intend to go there with my Vespa scooter from Italy. Anyone has some advice?
      Ciao.
      Marco